Which LIghtining I SHould USe?

Nikx

I'm planning for MH 400w and the shopkeeper told there are two types of bulbs; white flouro and yellow... so which one i should buy you think?

Re: Which LIghtining I SHould USe??

Depends on the stage your in. Vegetative growth requires more blue spectrum light, so the white bulb, and the more orangy/redish spectrum are better for flowering or budding, Tell us more details about the grow.

Good choice though, MH is better I find, your nodes are much closer together, ie more budding locations.

I'm confused. Is the light your getting a MH or flouro? They are two totally different types of light and they are not compatible with each other.

i told the guy i need MH and he called and asked and said there are two types bulbs.... said its a screener and i just need to pick bulb type... btw i asked him if he also has HPS so he said.. "yeah its the same stuff..."

Ahh no HPS is a totally different bulb and ballast, use the wrong bulb or ballast and BOOM fire time

I happened to obtain a 1500w lightning sys, i think its white(i couldn't get it work yet) - will it be good any...? thats like 250000 lumens!! - you think it would make the plants grow superfast??(hopefully not burning them too :geek:)
:smokin3:

look if you want a good system for a cheap ass price go to www.htgsupply.com they have system with both MH and HPS at any watt. i use the 400watt MH and HPS system for a cheap ass price.

thank you for your reply Weediologist though you didn't answer my question at all :smokin: i got it for free! :cheesygrinsmiley: and now i made it work :cheesygrinsmiley: yellow bright as sun and hot as hell too...

oh sorry i misread your question i thought u wanted a system they sell bulbs too. good you got what ever you had to do done

Have you figured out waht type of lighting. On the ballast or power source, or even the bulb it should have marking designating MH metal halide, HPS, high pressure sodium, or if it is old school, and sounds like it may be, it mihgt be mercury vapour. If it is the last one mentioned, its doesnt have the proper spectrum for growing.

Back
Top Bottom