While Obama's Thugs Raid Marijuana School, People Die

420 Warrior

As I sit and watch video after video of Monday's senseless federal raid of Oaksterdam University and other medical cannabis-related facilities managed by Richard Lee, the orchestrator of California's historic Proposition 19, a few serious concerns come to mind.

I noticed agents from at least three federal agencies: the Drug Enforcement Administration, the US Marshals Service and the Internal Revenue Service. I'm not talking about two agents here and a couple more there. There were several dozen federal agents spending their day on the scene.

Meanwhile, just blocks away, a deadly shooting was taking place. While federal agents were using a battering ram, a sledgehammer and power saws to break into a business that complies with state and local law and pays taxes, a gunman was murdering seven people at Oikos University, just three-tenths of a mile away.

As a retired police officer who wore the badge for over 30 years, this is not how I want our law enforcers to be spending their time. Rebecca Kaplan, a member of Oakland's City Council, said it best: "We have a serious gun violence problem in Oakland. If there are extra law enforcement resources available, they should be focused on fighting illegal guns and gun violence."

Beyond the human toll, what's the fiscal cost to taxpayers of this federal raid? For yesterday's multiple-hour operation, I would estimate at least $22,000 to $30,000 just in man-hours alone, for straight time and not overtime. The planning for this raid is even more draining upon man-hours, at least another $20,000. What about the many hours of investigation follow-up, which will most likely carry on for months if not longer? Throw in likely judicial cost and when all is said and done, we could be looking at a taxpayer price tag of $250,000 or more for a raid of Oaksterdam properties, which will result in... what?

Let's take a look at the results of this "successful" raid upon those who care for the sick. The first indicator of success is one of public safety. That's why we have such enforcement activity in the first place -- law enforcement and public safety should be synonymous. Will the raid make the community safer? Will there be fewer homicides? Oh, wait, there never were any on-site at Oaksterdam. They occur blocks away while we "the police" do our thing here. Will there now be fewer robberies in the neighborhood? Just the opposite: violent crime has been down in the area since Oaksterdam became operational. Well, maybe there will now be less "pot" being sold to kids in the neighborhood? Actually, expect that to increase now that any marijuana being sold in the area, post-raid, will be done by drug dealers on the corners who don't check ID. Oh yes, one more observation: Patients will no longer have access to safe medicine in safe environments. They will be forced to acquire cannabis from the dangerous illegal marketplace, lining the pockets of criminal organizations, gangs and thugs instead of universally supported local businesses that pay taxes and create jobs.

What about the success of this raid for the IRS? If their goal is to put more people out of work, causing less people to pay federal and state income taxes, call it success. If the goal is to have the state collect fewer taxes from cannabis sales, call it success. And as for the US Marshals Service, I'm still trying to figure out their role in this. Maybe it was to apprehend members of the Mexican cartel lurking in the classrooms of Oaksterdam U? Oh wait, this wasn't a cartel operation. It was a legal state and city business where employees were US citizens and members of a workers union.

It's clear to see that this raid will be far from any true success. This raid is undoubtedly counterproductive to public safety. More people out of work, a staple of business removed from the community, patients forced into the dangerous illegal marketplace, thousands if not millions of dollars back into the pockets of criminals, fewer tax dollars for the city of Oakland and homicides occurring just blocks away while so many law enforcement resources were being squandered raiding medical cannabis facilities.

Am I accusing law enforcement of being responsible for the seven murders just blocks away? No, but what I am saying is that they are misguided and focused upon those things that will not improve public safety. It is their duty and responsibility to prioritize things of public safety first, not politics.

Our commander in chief, President Obama, the head of the executive branch, carries that ultimate responsibility for the actions of federal law enforcement. Yesterday, he let the city of Oakland and this country down. At a time when 80 percent of the public supports medical marijuana, I can't for the life of me imagine how this fits into the president's reelection strategy. There's still time for President Obama to reign in the federal thugs who work for him and seem hell-bent on intimidating the medical cannabis industry out of existence, but the hour is growing late.

1_40_.jpg

News Hawk - 420 Warrior 420 MAGAZINE
Source: The Huffington Post
Author: Neill Franklin
Copyright: © 2012 TheHuffingtonPost.com, Inc.

But I will be honest... people just do not care. The true tell sign will be this coming election... will people vote on substance or color????? Vote people... please educate yourself and vote these fools out of office. If the tea party can... then why can't we???? I just do not get it!

This really pisses me off. What a waste of resources, and maybe 7 people would not have died if LEO's attention was not deverted to the crime being perpetrated against Oaksterdam.
3/10'ths mile! I'm almost blind and I can accurately shoot that far. how does somebody murder 7 people that close to that many "cops"
California has the toughest gun laws in the nation. aren't laws supposed to make you safe? this doesn't happen in areas wher everybody carries guns and are not afraid to use them. take the guns from law abiding citizens and only the criminals and "Tyrants" will have guns.

This senseless killing would of happened no matter what. Cops, no cops, doesnt matter if the gun laws were different or whatever else you could come up with. Only way I could see this being remotely prevented was to have metal detectors upon entering the building.

It wouldnt of mattered if every student in the class room had a gun.

This coming from a gun owner who knows how to shoot a pistol and has shot in competitions since I was a kid. If you have a pistol ready, un-holstered and loaded in your hand, you could easily empty the clip on a semi auto before anyone else had a chance to ready theirs. Think about it, emptying a 10-15 round clip can happen in seconds.

yeah but with no gun you have no chance, and no if cops werent all paying attention down the street one may have been able to see suspisious activities prior to the actual shooting maybe being able to stop it or even saved one life.
when is the last time you seen someone walk into a room full of people with guns and even try something like that, if everyone had a gun chances are he would have been shot befopre 7 people died! once again law abiding citizens being prevented from protecting their own lives and the people that are preventing them from protecting themselves and are supposed to provide protection for them, are playing fucking games with patients and schools instead. I love Michigan "Right to carry law"

sorry for the language. just really passionate about my second ammendment rights (and the rest of what's left of them)

yeah but with no gun you have no chance, and no if cops werent all paying attention down the street one may have been able to see suspisious activities prior to the actual shooting maybe being able to stop it or even saved one life.
when is the last time you seen someone walk into a room full of people with guns and even try something like that, if everyone had a gun chances are he would have been shot befopre 7 people died! once again law abiding citizens being prevented from protecting their own lives and the people that are preventing them from protecting themselves and are supposed to provide protection for them, are playing fucking games with patients and schools instead. I love Michigan "Right to carry law"

Whats suspicious about a Korean guy walking into a Korean school and a gun not in plain view???

This whole suspicious crap is what is turning this society into a police state. Watch the Huff Post video, guy gets illegally pulled over because of out of state plates, cop makes up BS for the reason to stop because he is suspcious, guy refuses to let him search vehicle, cop detains vehicle and runs dog around it, cop coaxes the dog into a false positive for a drug hit, cop searches car and finds nothing. He broke his constitutional rights all in the name of the drug war,,,if it wasnt that it would be terrorism, if its not that it could because you look like a murderer. God,,, you know how many people out there look like creepy pedophiles. Should they get their home computers searched because they wear a speedo to the beach.

Trust me this shit boils me too......but suspicion promotes bad policies.

By the way isnt Arizona one of those states that has very, very lenient gun laws and lots of people carry......do you remember what happened there? Something like 6 people dead 12 injured including a congress woman........By one crazy MOFO.........How fast did the gun toting nuts pull their firearms out and stop that rampage.......umm they didnt.

Like I said, I have been around guns all my life,,,,guns dont prevent nuts with guns from killing others. Something has to change, I dont want my guns taken away but making gun laws more lenient isnt the answer.

Someone who is falling off the edge of society and wants to go on a murderous rampage doesnt care if others might be shooting back,,,,,,,he/she just thinks to themselves that they need more guns, more ammo etc etc

On another note, I'm all for legalization but these so called legal states are playing with fire because as we all know,,,,their not truly legal and unfortunately until we get enough people to stand up to the government lies, it wont be.

I think you and I might be on the same side, we just have different views of how to rectify it.

Your language isnt offensive to me,,,,its just words,,,people have different ways of expressing themselves.

Yes, We are all Friends here with the same objective in mind. we would likely agree on many issues, no way we could agree on every issue though. that just wouldn't be Human. Gov. lies is likely cause a lot peeps to go nutz!
I think if people were treated with dignity and respect and allowed to be truly "Free" as god intended, instead of being treated like livestock, there would be a lot less violence in this world. and we won't even go into the poisons they put in our food, water and air that cause mental and phisical health issues that lead to violent action/reaction.

still off topic here, but why take away guns away from law abiding citizens/ just make the penalties very great for those that are not supposed to have guns, and those that provide those guns to them. someone that wants to kill is going to do it one way or another. someone gets drowned at the beach we going to outlaw or restrict the beach? what about the people that have been beaten to death with baseball bats, hockey sticks or even intentionally run over with a car, should we keep the law abiding citizens away from that too? where does the control stop? JMO

still off topic here, but why take away guns away from law abiding citizens/ just make the penalties very great for those that are not supposed to have guns, and those that provide those guns to them. someone that wants to kill is going to do it one way or another. someone gets drowned at the beach we going to outlaw or restrict the beach? what about the people that have been beaten to death with baseball bats, hockey sticks or even intentionally run over with a car, should we keep the law abiding citizens away from that too? where does the control stop? JMO

I agee with everything you just said above.

I'm pretty sure I never said anything about taking away peoples guns.

just watched the trailer. signed up fixin to watch. thanx

just watched thrive, a bit long but very good. I highly reccomend. says a lot of what I've been telling folks for years. thanx fo posting link

I know why the dea and other fed cops didn't want to get involved with that shooting

they know they could have been shot

if they harass law abiding distribution centers there wont be any guns therefore they cant be shot

just call me 4

But I will be honest... people just do not care. The true tell sign will be this coming election... will people vote on substance or color????? Vote people... please educate yourself and vote these fools out of office. If the tea party can... then why can't we???? I just do not get it!

What did the Tea Party, really?

Back
Top Bottom