Why does pot make u cough?

Inhaling any smoke (which is actually microscopic particles of burnt plant material etc) irritates the throat and lungs causing you to cough. It's one of the body's natural defences against inhaling such things. Why alot of the seasonsed smokers dont really cough much is because their lungs have become accustomed to inhaling smoke so their used to it. Not a textbook anwser but it's what I was able to come up with after thinking for about 30 seconds.

Prolly cause of the higher resin content when burned turns into tar which aint very good for the lungs. Probably why if you smoke cigarettes you can take harsher bud then non-smokers can. At leasts thats what I have always noticed. I find the more resin a bud has the better it is to smoke in a bong or vape it. Also it helps in the problem of getting those ass tasting tar bombs on the end of your joints.

Smoking pot makes you cough simply because it is an irratent.. it does not belong in your body, not unlike tobacco smoke, your lungs are simply screaming "FUCK YOU"..

Soooooooooo.. VAPE or eat.. simple.

(And because you touch yourself at night..)

Now that's funny!

lilums said:
as it say why does it make u cough exactly

this seems like a stupid question. You're inhaling shit into your lungs that doesn't belong there, so coughing is your body's way of getting that shit out.

Coughing after toking is your sober thoughts escaping. All that's left is the highness.

Cottonmouth is the residue of your soul.

I smoke a pack of Ports a day.. I don't really cough because of 'em (I might in my sleep, I wake up with sore throats alot), even though I've been told by my chiropractor that my lungs resemble those of a seasoned, 45 year-old smoker (I turn 21 in about 2 weeks). However, if I chief a couple bong hits, it's makes me cough a shitload for like 10 minutes... after I get all of the mucus and gunk out of my airway I take hits without coughing, and can hold 'em in longer.

But that's just me.

im a pack a day cigarette smoker. and i smoke weed everyday. but weed still makes me cough some times, cigarettes never do but weed does. I think most of the time its only when i hit the gravity bong.

i think its because usually when you smoke weed ur trying to get a much bigger lungfilling hit.

Prolly cause of the higher resin content when burned turns into tar which aint very good for the lungs. Probably why if you smoke cigarettes you can take harsher bud then non-smokers can. At leasts thats what I have always noticed. I find the more resin a bud has the better it is to smoke in a bong or vape it. Also it helps in the problem of getting those ass tasting tar bombs on the end of your joints.
Reality don't scare me when I'm high. Is what it is, F*cking farce because THEY are the ones with blinders on. Join the delusion club, get free blinders. For them they did/do no wrong (except enable idiots with a power freak-on) they just along for the ride.
What were we talking about? L o L. Coughing.

Back
Top Bottom