Will Iowa Be The First State To Remove Marijuana From State Schedule I?

eltone

All legal medical marijuana states still have marijuana in their state's Scedule I, why? Why have the legal medical marijuana states left marijuana in their states drug Schedule I? Schedule I say's "Has no accepted use for treatment in the United States." This is why the DEA can keep marijuana in Federal Schedule I, no state has told them it should be moved. Iowa is the only state that is doing it right. First marijuana will be removed from state Schedule I, Jan 2011, and it will immediately go into state Schedule II since marijuana is in both state Schedule's I & II in Iowa since 1979 and New Mexico only. In 1979 the Iowa Board Of Pharmacy (IBOP) put marijuana in Schedule I and II when used for medical research (not use.) Which is why the state legislature is telling the IBOP they already have the legal authority to create rules & regs and implement a Medical Marijuana program for Iowa. Yet the Board say's, "We cannot make law the legislature must do that." They keep fighting back and forth so nothing gets done. IDIOTS!!! The next meeting of the IBOP is Sept 28, 29, 2010. Watch this site for updates. For when Iowa removes marijuana from state Schedule I they, by law, must notify the DEA of said change and that the DEA must remove marijuana from federal Schedule I as it no longer meets the requirements for inclusion into Schedule I. Peace and Good Health to all :smokin:

Exact same BS argued this 2011 session of the Iowa legislature. Now there is discussion about suing the Pharmacy Board for not having the balls to place MJ under Schedule II only. Now we have a conservative gov just elected that would not sign it anyway unless he got his way on a social issue such as overturning same sex marriage. Just thinkin here, I would probably go for that tradeoff...just sayin. :slide:

Obama better get his butt in gear on this MMJ cause Ron Paul is trying to make industrial hemp farming legal and there is a chance that Paul would jump on the MMJ issue to gain overall support for the farming of hemp and look to court the legalize MJ and the MMJ liberal side of the isle to get his way.

Back
Top Bottom