Will this cheap carbon filter work?

Mtnberner

Hello everyone, I'm getting ready to construct my first grow cabinet, and I stumbled onto this one night looking for supplies on Home Depots website, Sweet Air, Vent Stack Filter, VS-TT at The Home Depot - Tablet

its a cheap carbon scrubber rated at 47 cfm. My cabinet is about 32 sq ft and my 120mm fans are rated at about 60cfm (adjustable though). Now this filter is designed for the odor airflow to go out the mushroom top, do you all think it will work as affectively if I change the direction of airflow and pull it through the mushroom top? this will let me hide the filter unit inside the cabinet (going for stealth mode). Refills are only $8 too, I imagine it won't last more then one round of flowering though.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if the DIY filters worked, because I read some where you need to match the cfm of your exhaust fan to the cfm of the filter to work properly, and not knowing what the cfm of a filter that I would make myself , made me have doubts about those style of filters (I've only seen the ones people make out of mesh pencil cups for very small cfl style cabinets) would these work for a 3'x2'x6' cabinet?

The filter size will dictate how long it lasts, and how many plants it can control the odor of.

The fan CFM rating is what will be used to calculate what size grow area it can work for.

Unfortunately, I don't know enough formulas to calculate the reduced CFM caused by filter size, thickness, etc.. But keep that reduced airflow in mind when choosing a fan.

Back
Top Bottom