Working out dose

aspiegeek

Hi I'm hoping for a little help working out dosing.

I'm going to be making some VG Tincture using trim mostly (there's bits of bud in it).

My strain is about 15% approx CBD.

I thought a good ratio would be 1:8, but does anyone have any suggestions on dosing for a medium level strength. (Ideally around 400mg per 30ML bottle).

Really be very grateful for any help with this.

I was going to decarb first for 90-mins at 240f. Then put it in the slow cooker on warm for around 6-hours with the VG.

I'm hoping to make it to help with anxiety and pain relief.

Youll be making the trim and buds into wax and then mixing with VG? Im making some e juice with this stuff called ejmix. The 50ml bottle should be here soon. Not sure if its different then what you have as its mostly different PG. VG may not keep the cannabis suspended well in the ecig and the ejuice may seperate from what i have read. The instructions say 2ml of ejmix for 1gram of wax, heat it up together, mix well, and enjoy. Cant wait to try it. For decarb i was gonna do 1gram of shatter at 225f for 90 min.

Hi I'm hoping for a little help working out dosing.

I'm going to be making some VG Tincture using trim mostly (there's bits of bud in it).

My strain is about 15% approx CBD.

I thought a good ratio would be 1:8, but does anyone have any suggestions on dosing for a medium level strength. (Ideally around 400mg per 30ML bottle).

Really be very grateful for any help with this.

I was going to decarb first for 90-mins at 240f. Then put it in the slow cooker on warm for around 6-hours with the VG.

I'm hoping to make it to help with anxiety and pain relief.

I have had good success making vape juice with the QWET method from fresh harvest. Next time I'll let it evaporate without heat for a clearer product.

I took my concentrate and mixed with Wax Liquidizer. Works okay, but it's dark and has particulates that can clog your coil.

My best vape juice was with a gram of THC distillate from Nomad Extracts - 1000mg per gram dissolved into 30 ml of Wax Liquidizer. About 1/6th ml would be a 5mg dose and 1/3 ml would be 10mg. (-ish). Means that I get just the effect I need from vaping pretty quickly.

Hey bigbear. I was gonna use the wax liquidizer but it was a bit more then ejmix. Have you tried both? Want to know if its worth the additional cost. I bought there mix kit. Waxliquidizer looks to be more quality.

Ill be making my ejuice wed. I have some tips, not sure if they are relevant to you.
For your qwet extraction if your using fresh undried buds that can bring more chlorophyll into your wax. I make sure my buds are bone dry before extraction.
Also if you want a more amber color single washes are prefered. I mixed my first wash with my 2nd and 3rd run and my wax is black, still good though.
Ive read you need to decarb the buds or wax in order to get full affect from the ecig as the heat from the pen may not be enough to fully decarb your vapor.
The particles, are they plant matter? Thats one thing i had to make sure my oil was super clear. I filtered it a few times with metal strainers and finally a few times with a paper coffee filter.

Was the particulate from the waxliquidizer?

I have had good success making vape juice with the QWET method from fresh harvest. Next time I'll let it evaporate without heat for a clearer product.

I took my concentrate and mixed with Wax Liquidizer. Works okay, but it's dark and has particulates that can clog your coil.

My best vape juice was with a gram of THC distillate from Nomad Extracts - 1000mg per gram dissolved into 30 ml of Wax Liquidizer. About 1/6th ml would be a 5mg dose and 1/3 ml would be 10mg. (-ish). Means that I get just the effect I need from vaping pretty quickly.

Hi

Thanks for replying. I went ahead and made it and it's great. Good kick to it and made some pure VG to take orally and other mixed with PG to vape.

I strained it with a cheesecloth. It doesn't clog up much but after a few days I have to clean my tank.

Next batch I'll strain more, although can't see any plant matter in it.

I'll post details on how I made it and pics

My VG extract method:

Using 20 grams of trim or around 14 grams of bud. (My strain is around 15% CBD, 5% THC) so you may need to use more or less depending on how strong you want it).

Put on tray bud grounded up & cover with a baking bag. Preheat oven to 220F (about 105c) and cook for 90-mins.

Put VG 300ML into a measuring jug and put the bud in.

Blend it with a electric hand blender until very well mixed in together.

c4ec9be902a36f35814a0b3da24103b0.jpg

Pour mix into a mason jar.

Turn crockpot on low heat setting and let it heat up. Fill crockpot with warm water till half way full.

Put mason jar with lid tightly fitted into baking bag and then into the preheated crockpot.

fb6ff81aa685d848290aa2bceebc4e21.jpg

Keep it on low heat setting for around 30-mins and keep turning it.

At end take out and give jar a good shake.

Turn crockpot onto the "warm" setting and put jar back in.

Leave in for 12-hours, turn it occasionally if possible. (I used a timer on crockpot for this.).

When done remove jar and let it sit for an hour.

Get your now clean measuring jug again and put cheese cloth on the top (secure with rubber band).

Pour mixture into it, and you'll see it starts to drain into the jug.

666840e764912895b6559d8c3e2951aa.jpg
bf8b1d017f0572ef22732d08b417e016.jpg

You should hopefully get around 200ml back of the original 300ml.

Put rubber gloves on and give cheese cloth a good squeeze to get all the remaining mixture out.

Now your ready to get your bottles. Ideally 30ML and glass is better but plastic is ok too.

2f3a89bc31458d1db51a5bc272bff0ce.jpg

If you want each bottle to be around 600MG strength then you want to put 10ML of the mixture into each bottle.

If your vaping it I recommend putting an additional 10ML of PG into it as this will thin it out more making it easier to vape. (Shake well once added PG)

If taking it orally just out another 10ML of fresh VG into it.

This will give you 20ML in each bottle at around 600MG strength.

You can then add more of the extract VG if you want to make it stronger after sampling it.

Back
Top Bottom