Would this method of growing work?

dirtyjerz

Ok i first let me say that i wana start off the grow with 6 plants of white widow. i want to start off by putting these plants in a rubbermade box. i wana line it with mylar, and poke holes in the top an hang spiral flourescent light bulbs in there (25watt). also im going to cut like a six inch hole so i can take the little pots out to water n check up on em. after that im going to move them to a a room with a 400watt hps light
first question:
would this work lol? if not how can i improve.
and if so how many of the 25 watt bulbs do i need. they r like $5 dollars at wlmart is this the rite bulb too?

Re: Would this method of growing work??

i dont want it to sound like i already have plants. im starting off with 6 seeds of white widow

I cant see why the rubber made box wouldnt work, are you doing soil or hydro? just make sure that you open up the box every day to get a gas exchange and the plants get some fresh CO2 in there, especially whe they get a little bit larger. . . no real flaws really, i think the younger plants like it more humid(not %100 on that though) but if they do the rubber made box would make a good environment for that to happen. . . i have grown mushrooms in a rubber made and it gave it a nice humid environment, so same principal if we are talkin humidity. . . I am a little confused on the 6" holes you are talking about, why woulndt you just remove the lid? wire the lights so you will have enough chord to remove the lid. . .

the six inch hole is so some fresh air can get in there. can this cause any problems? also the flourescent lights i found are 25 watt spiral at wall mart (cost like $5). it says it equals 100watts of a reg light bulb. how many of these should i use for 6 plants? thanks!!!

ah, that makes sence, i thought you were puting that whole in there so you could get the plants out. . . i think those put out 100W of light, but they only use 20W of power, is what they are saying, so put like 6 in there, one for each plant i say. . . if they are that cheep. . . the more light the better man.

Peace
-Brett

Back
Top Bottom