'Yes On 182' Wants Medical Marijuana Decision In Front Of Montana Voters

Robert Celt

A Montana mother is on a mission to live without pain.

Standing alongside dozens of other medical marijuana advocates, she's supporting a new initiative that would offer patients more accessibility to the drug she says is much needed.

Medical marijuana is an issue that people are passionate about on both sides. Advocates in Montana are launching a new initiative.

"It allows for safe, responsible regulation, oversight. It allows for testing labs," said U.S. Marine Corps Combat Veteran Talyn Lang, who currently uses medical marijuana.

I-182 requires more than 20,000 signatures across the state in order to reach voters in November. The initiative is different than other initiatives, supporters say.

"So it's a much more comprehensive bill that's actually designed to work for the people," Lang said.

For Bozeman lawyer and mother of two fighting stage three breast cancer, medical marijuana would offer relief from the pain of treatment for Katheryne Mazurek.

"Medical marijuana would give me an ability to engage in my lie that I haven't been able to do in 10 weeks," said Mazurek.

Facing multiple rounds of treatment including pain medication, "It became immediately clear that medical marijuana would be really good option for me to supplement or even take away some of the other medications entirely," she said.

But adding another item to the medication list doesn't seem to phase Mazurek; "The things I'm prescribed frighten me more than medical marijuana frightens me."

While Montana currently allows a medical marijuana provider to serve three patients, the 'Say Yes to 182' campaign hopes people will look at this initiative differently.

"I want people to seriously consider this initiative because under the current status of the system, I would lose my access to medical marijuana," Mazurek said.

Mazurek is currently waiting for her medical marijuana application to get processed, but she says using cannabis will help her get her back to being a mother.

"It would get me back to being a wife. It would get me back to being the lawyer that I like to be."

Initiative supporters have less than two months to gather the signatures.

Jars_of_Bud1.jpg

News Moderator: Robert Celt 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: 'Yes On 182' Wants Medical Marijuana Decision In Front Of Montana Voters
Author: MTN News
Photo Credit: MTN News

Back
Top Bottom