Automated watering in soil

Lost In Nugs

Hey 420 people
I have to leave the house for about 8 to 10 days from Feb 13th and need to water my plants with an automated drip system i have to find, build and test some days between Feb 1. and my trip.

I have 1 bigger plant in a 15L bucket and 4 smaller ones. 3 of them in airpots the rest regular pots

They got new soil so i guess filtered rainwater is the only thing theyll need.

Not shure if theyll be still in veg or if i should flip on Feb1 so the strech manageable until i leave.

I like to DIY. So simply parts like thin hose, 10 variable drippers and a pump will do. Is anyome experienced on this task.

Thanks

Hi

You can buy a battery driven timer that you hook up on the water faucet. It is the easiest way. with hose nozzles etc. otherwise this :

click_drip_plant_watering_kits_for_waterbutts_-_plant_watering_systems.jpg

Heya
A timer to the faucet and the rest is testing with different nozzles i guess.

But a reservoir is better for me. when i need it for other stuff on the balkony where i dont have water supply. Cant let the house open to get a hose out there so the hole system has to be outside.

So i will need a big container for water, check, a pump on a timer in there, need to find out how big it has to be for just 5 pots, and i will need pipeline to the plants and the variable nozzles i tested before on their ML per Minute. Anything else?

The pump is the hardest part for now. I guess the bigger plant will need at least 600ML per day and the smaller ones 200 each. So i will need 1400ml a day. Maybe :)

What about a plastic barrel with a tap on it? you can still use a timer/ motor on it. (google automatic watering system for plants)
If you were here, I would give you mine. I have the timer/motor thing, and it is not expensive, hose and nozzles is easy.. I could help you set it up in no time.

Great idea, thank you.

Look what i got for free. With the transparent thing it pulls exactly 2100 milliliters per minute. Now i can go to a garden center and buy some thinner hose and some nozzles and i should be goos for some testing. I will get one for every smaller pot and 2 for the big one :) this 12V pump really helps. Hopefully i will find a cheap and safe way to get every plant ~350ml and the bigger one ~700 once every 48 hours. Just 2100ml. So a simple 10l Bucket with a lid filled a mild Nutrient solution would do for my trip.

Think i will use it with a handy touch switch in the future for watering when i am at home. :)

I am still open to any kind of thoughts and advises from you guys.

I already learned the pump has to stay a good amount lower then the drippers {;]}

420-magazine-mobile1735435894.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1618467083.jpg

This thing is too risky. I have to find a truthworthy friend that can handle 4 waterings while i am out of the house. The pump just spills out too much water and i can not control it on point. If its 50cm below the pots its just dripping, if its 30cm it shoots out way too much. Just not my style experimenting with gallons of water on my old wooden floor when i am not at home. :/

Back
Top Bottom