1 600w on light mover, or 2 600w stationary in 4x8 tent

Sweetgreen

Hey all, looking for some opinions if I could please. The name of the game is the highest yielding, best quality buds, for less money and risk(isn't it for everyone?!).

Anyways, I'm thinking of buying one of the 4'x8' tents designed for 2 600w. I was wondering if I just put 1 600w on a light rail, if I could achieve the same yield and quality as 2 600w stationary?

Here's a link to the rail I was thinking of :
ht tp://www.lightrail3.com/garden/LR35.php

And this shows how 1 light on a mover is actually better than 2 stationary(but is supplied by the same company that sells the mover)
ht tp://www.lightrail3.com/garden/why.php

Thanks

Anyways, I'm thinking of buying one of the 4'x8' tents designed for 2 600w. I was wondering if I just put 1 600w on a light rail, if I could achieve the same yield and quality as 2 600w stationary?
if everything else is the same, 1200 watts will always grow more, fatter buds than half that. plus the plants wont waste time fallowing the light. many growers say even turning the plants is a waste of growth energy.
if you go with the light rail sellers logic why stop at 8'? shouldn't we be able to have one bulb cover 25'+ x 4'? :rolleyes:

As a user of light movers, the question you should be asking is how much increased coverage will a light mover provide?

The answer to that question is 125% to 140%.

With one 600w light and mover, you would get the same coverage as a light of 750w to 840w.

If you follow the 50wpsf guideline, you will need roughly 1600w of light for your 4x8 tent. (4x8x50=1600)

Looking into maybe using a tent or so just to have more rooms. They seems pretty slick and easy to work with.

If you could, would you rather a 4x8 or (2) 4x4 tents?

If the tent is in a room that stays a constant 70-80* all year, would you be able to run a 1000w air cooled with out a/c in these tents? Maybe use a 5x5 tent for a little extra air volume and space.

Just some questions I have, and not really worth starting a thread. Appreciate the input.

*oh, and can these tents support a can 100 filter? Just curious. Those guys weigh in at almost 90 lbs I think.

As a user of light movers, the question you should be asking is how much increased coverage will a light mover provide?

The answer to that question is 125% to 140%.

With one 600w light and mover, you would get the same coverage as a light of 750w to 840w.

If you follow the 50wpsf guideline, you will need roughly 1600w of light for your 4x8 tent. (4x8x50=1600)

Out of the two options you listed, I'd vote... for #3, lol: Two 600-watters on a light-mover. Or else just more than 1200 watts.

Back
Top Bottom