10 weeks and 2 days = day 65 of flower near ready?

4fingerlidday

00 KUSH plant under a 900 watt mars Led light in Nutri mix hp soilless mix 7 gallon air pot ,vegged her for 9 weeks from seed ,its tuff to see the trichoms perfect my eye's suck with my 60x scope, going to have another eye look at it what ya think. its time to water her again soon, the last watering three days ago I had allot more run off than usual had to use a shop vac to get it all out.
day_60_of_flower_00_KUSH_023.JPG
day_65_of_flower_10_weeks_1_day_016.JPG
day_65_of_flower_10_weeks_1_day_011.JPG
day_65_of_flower_10_weeks_1_day_013.JPG
day_65_of_flower_10_weeks_1_day_010.JPG
day_65_of_flower_10_weeks_1_day_006.JPG

Hi 4fingerlidday,

I tried zooming in but the pics are just a little too fuzzy to look at the trichome heads. With the number of days in flower, it seems like you should be close. I'm of no help and just guessing too!

I do use a 60x myself and have old eyes as well. I did find that if I put my camera lens right on and in the center the eyepiece of the microscope, I can use the camera viewfinder and see the heads better. Kind of like a bigger eyepiece on the cheap! Are you looking for 50% or more cloudy, or mostly clear? The leaves look like they are finishing and the calyx looks ripe. If not now within the week I believe you might harvest. Looks great, enjoy (after a solid cure!)
:goodjob:
JB

Hi 4fingerlidday,

I tried zooming in but the pics are just a little too fuzzy to look at the trichome heads. With the number of days in flower, it seems like you should be close. I'm of no help and just guessing too!

I do use a 60x myself and have old eyes as well. I did find that if I put my camera lens right on and in the center the eyepiece of the microscope, I can use the camera viewfinder and see the heads better. Kind of like a bigger eyepiece on the cheap! Are you looking for 50% or more cloudy, or mostly clear? The leaves look like they are finishing and the calyx looks ripe. If not now within the week I believe you might harvest. Looks great, enjoy (after a solid cure!)
JB
I'll try that trick, this friday and give a better pic I hope , just got threw watering the 7 gallon air pot with 3 gallons of RO water ph 6.4 . I let it dry out a little more this past two times , waited 3days 14 hrs , before it was every 3 days on the money, she's really plumping up and the cola's are falling over and had to turn down the fan speed again to help out the carbon filter do its job better temps in tent are 77,hope to chop it this Sunday would be day 74.I'm going to stop and get the 62% Boveda humidity packs to go into the jars for curing,have you heard about them.:tokin:

up date day 72=11 weeks 2 days in flower,its still tuff to get steady close ups but here is what I got today,READY??
day_72_of_flower_024.JPG
day_72_of_flower_023.JPG
day_72_of_flower_022.JPG
day_72_of_flower_019.JPG
day_72_of_flower_016.JPG
day_72_of_flower_014.JPG
day_72_of_flower_013.JPG
day_72_of_flower_012.JPG
day_72_of_flower_011.JPG

Isn't 65 days 9 weeks and 2 days?

They look ready to me. :thumb: Nice looking buds!

today is 10 weeks and 1 day ,,,day 1 was April 23, your right thank you :thumb:,Now you got me thinking do I really need to smoke this weed when its ready, oh yeah I do :lot-o-toke: with those pics can you tell if they look ripe its difficult for me to see..

I watered 3 days and 9hrs ago ,should I not water again and let her dry out before harvest ///I was watering every 3 days before or water and let her ripen up more, I did get the mason jars and the 62% Boveda packs

I watered 3 days and 9hrs ago ,should I not water again and let her dry out before harvest ///I was watering every 3 days before or water and let her ripen up more, I did get the mason jars and the 62% Boveda packs

I like to chop in the middle of the second or third dark cycle after their last watering. That way, they aren't soaking wet (takes a long time to dry) and neither are they starting the drying process on the stalk (I've never tried it that way, but I've heard of it being done). When I think about harvest though, the first thing that comes to mind is chopping during the dark cycle. I've done side by side tests where I would chop a plant during the light cycle vs the dark cycle and there are huge differences. In taste mostly, but also in over all quality, cure, and smell.

EDIT: Honestly, it's kind of hard to tell if it's ready from your pictures, but I thought I saw some amber trichs in the fourth picture from the top.

iwltfum your right.. been seeing amber tricks so probably this Friday or Saturday I'll chop her down,,do you give a 24hr dark period?? or I think what I'll do is when the lights go out I'll turn off the timer so when I get up in the day I can cut her down and hang her up,and start the drying process,I did cut a cola off on Friday ,hanged it for 3 days and now its in a mason jar getting the humidity down have the lid on it barely open to let it dry a little humidity was 66 this morning in jar ,then I'll close it and let it sweat then same thing:peacetwo:

iwltfum your right.. been seeing amber tricks so probably this Friday or Saturday I'll chop her down,,do you give a 24hr dark period?? or I think what I'll do is when the lights go out I'll turn off the timer so when I get up in the day I can cut her down and hang her up,and start the drying process,I did cut a cola off on Friday ,hanged it for 3 days and now its in a mason jar getting the humidity down have the lid on it barely open to let it dry a little humidity was 66 this morning in jar ,then I'll close it and let it sweat then same thing:peacetwo:

I don't give them a 24 hour dark period. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt though. I have noticed that plants tend to start "waking up" before the lights come on (and I'm assuming that means they start taking nutrients up to their leaves a little before the light cycle actually starts). That means, you wouldn't want to chop around the time the lights USUALLY come on, even if you are giving them a 24 hour dark period. Basically, if you do it that way, you would want to give them either a little less than 24 hours or a little more so you don't accidentally get them during the hour or so when they think they are supposed to be "waking up".

Hi 4fingerlidday,
Your plants are looking awesome, great job. I've been working too much so sorry for the slow response, but no I haven't ever used humidity packs for curing. I have a very specific process I have refined for drying and curing that works well for me, but really doesn't fit the schedule and actions of most folks that have posted their curing works. I'm more about what works for me than starting a flame war with other 'experts'. That is one long flowering period you are enduring for sure, but then again I have had one Sativa that took over 3 months to ripen on 12/12 uninterrupted. I think you should be ready to flush any day now (another subject of great debate among enthusiasts, but I really can't see the trich heads closely either in your pictures. The fourth picture is almost clear enough, but it's still a guess for me. If you have $25 to spare a 100x $25 desktop microscope, they can be had on the major online sites, but that won't help you right now. If you gingerly pick a good looking small sugar leaf and put it under the microscope you should be able to see more clearly. My eyes are old too. Let us know your progress on this harvest, it's the best part IMO. Best of luck in your harvest, dry, and most importantly your cure!

JB

today is day 79 of flower after the light goes off at 6:00pm today I will pull the timer from the outlet and have her in darkness until I harvest her tomorrow afternoon,I was wondering , thinking of putting all the trimmed branches laying them down on my scrog net and turning the exhaust down real low in the tent, or do you think hang them in the empty walk in closet???/I live in a low humidity location what do you think??,and yes what a HELLACIOUS flowering time for my first grow, here's what she looks like
day_79_of_flower_the_day_before_chopping_it_down_001.JPG
day_79_of_flower_the_day_before_chopping_it_down_002.JPG
day_79_of_flower_the_day_before_chopping_it_down_015.JPG
day_79_of_flower_the_day_before_chopping_it_down_003.JPG
day_79_of_flower_the_day_before_chopping_it_down_014.JPG

last night watched UFC fights and cut her down and wet trimmed over 5 hours two people. It was our 1st time doing it = fun/brutal ,The beers were delicious though , three coat hangers real full of branches/colas's and the forth single stems/cola's, and a few left laying in a small box to dry,I need to put them up, maybe next time I'll cut just half the plant one day and do the rest the next day,here is some pic's
day_80_havest_time_00_Kush_015.JPG
day_80_havest_time_00_Kush_036.JPG
day_80_havest_time_00_Kush_042.JPG
day_80_havest_time_00_Kush_041.JPG
day_80_havest_time_00_Kush_029.JPG
day_80_havest_time_00_Kush_021.JPG
day_80_havest_time_00_Kush_020.JPG

4fingerlidday,

Awesome! Looks like a great yield and a great Saturday night. I've been a UFC fan since UFC 4 back in the 90's, can't even watch a boxing match anymore. I think your waiting to harvest as long as you did was the right call. Let us know your final dry numbers please. Nice looking buds!

JB

Ufc had a fantastic card Saturday night JBUtown Ruthless Robby Lawler what a fight and Connor McGregor both fights are a must see, it was a special night,yeah I remember the beast Dan Sevrun, Tank abbot and the the man that helped make the sport Royce Gracie ,me too I don't watch boxing any more either too many BAD FIGHTs that seldom live up to the hype,,:thumb: 2clean I use blue planet nutrients at 25% dosage at every RO watering plus 4ml per gal of cal mag and water the 7 gallon air pot every three days I use Nutri mix HP soilless mix=like pro mix,this next grow I will cut the nutrients back to 20% or do as I did the last 4 weeks 2 gallons ro water and the third gallon 25% dosage at between 420- 475 PPM ph 6.2 0r 6.3ish,I once flushed it with 18 gallons distilled water at about 6 weeks out it had salt build up,that was not fun empting the shop vac allot,,

I was gonna chime in and tell u one of my secrets. U should of let it go for another ten days..
Why>?>??> you will have denser buds and more frosty and better taste but o well.. Next time..:)

Back
Top Bottom