1000 Real Watts - LED Cobs 16x Vero29 SE

One is 4x6x8. The other is 10x12x6 ( but only really using 5x5x6.)Figure 600w hps works for both spaces so I would get 600w cob for each space. The last lights I'll ever buy so might as well go over kill and just have them dialed down if I don't need to run that much in that space. Eventually I'll be using a 12x12x10 so I don't have to mess around and be cramped but that's later ( full of storage so whenever I find a new home for all of it, next year as it's not feasible for me to grow in the summer)

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Or does a 600w hps not actually pull 600w?

It actually pulls more, u have your ballast to account for as well..

1000hps/ 14-22% efficient = 140-220 parwatts.

1000 cobs/ 40-50% efficient = 400-500 par watts.

Not only is more than double the par watts, but spectrum is much much closer in the 3500k to the McCree curve.. Which is what plants actually need..
420-magazine-mobile636084933.jpg

Cheers

9 Or 10 CKS Trainwreck Autos - First Time - Topped - Soilless

Hmm... kk sooo.... hmm.. Know much about cfl? Do you know what they actually pull from the wall? It'll help with my decision on what size of cob to go with. I'm using 552 actual watts in veg ( 24, 23 w bulbs ) as part of my profession I'll have 40-50 bulbs kicking around all winter that get used all summer so it was a free ish option. Didn't have to buy anything is why. But I'm actually having great success with my setup. But I'm expanding a little so it won't work anymore.
So I was thinking if it pulls 550w then switching to 600w cob wouldn't change my current affordable bill.

Cfl's are very inefficient for growing.. Not saying they dont work, just alot of heat and not much penetration. There are many successful grows on here with them, but usually just 1-2 plants and 15-20 bulbs.. If this is your veg space, 3-4 cobs at 50w or less will be tons of light.
Your right buck, tons of more useable light than hps. Im only using a quarter of the watts i was using with hps. Those killawatt meters are cheap and work well, if you install your pot directly to the aluminium you can always make marks on the angle for 250,750,1000,etc..

9 Or 10 CKS Trainwreck Autos - First Time - Topped - Soilless

Jimmyclone, I actually cane across this thread after I had already ordered all my components, and I went with almost the exact same set up as you but half (8 vero29 se 3500k, 140mm sinks, 2 x 240-1750's). After I saw your build I ordered 2 of those digital lcd kilowatt displays, one for each bar. Each bar will also be dimmable. Im wondering if you can help me out wiring those bad boys up? Im looking for some project boxes that are the right size to fit those displays. Im probably going to cut a square hole and mount them directly to the side of the boxes, and mount my dimming pots right next to them. This is my first cob build, so Im pretty new to electronics. If you can shoot me a dm or I can give you my ig or riu handle if thats easier. I don't ever use 420 mag. Very clean build though man!!

Right on man, same name on riu? My name on there is kushymckush, Ill dig around real quick amd see if I can find you by your build. Im just waiting on my frame, which someone is building for me, and a few things from amazon such as the kilowatt displays and wire.

Good work here jimmyclone. :high-five: Although your grow is on another site it's greatly appreciated that you chose to share all this excitement here. I may track you down next time I go wandering at afn. I'm missing Atrain these days anyway.

Fabulous units you put together there. If my husband were still alive he'd already have built me one. :laughtwo: I was blessed enough to be gifted my lights. My plants couldn't be happier. How crazy is it that I'm giving away my BudMaster and Advanced panels because they do inferior work compared to the COBs? I agree, blurple was a mistake.

Come by anytime there sue.. I seem to prefer anf these days. Lots of good people there.. Atrain is staff on that site and is everywhere.. I got a plant up in the potm competition their, have a peek..
Cheers

I'll do that jimmy. I'm so caught up in the medical threads here it makes it difficult to find time to go roaming around other sites, but I have a standing agreement with Atrain that I won't lose touch with him.

I did.. Haha, im on 3-4 sites its hard to tell where ive posted and where i haven't.. To be honest i have a new favorite site and thats where my grow is happening with these lights.. Autoflower dot net..
420-magazine-mobile514949912.jpg

Here ya go.. Check the other site.. Same name over there..
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom