107 Degrees Friday: Holy Crap!

Gee

Can plants mange this heat with a shade?

Can the grow cycle be interrupted if plants are put in mild shade for 5 days?

Should I avoid nutes during the heat wave?

I have a shade that blocks out light I can put over them, or drag them to the shady area on the outside of the house. They are growing in 20 gallon pots. California has a heat wave the next few days

I would try get my plants out of 107 that is all I know, I try get them out of anywhere I would not be able to spend the entire day comfortably. Shade may be a good idea for the heat wave or lots of air flowing over them? someone else will have more to add. The grow cycle won't be interrupted in mild shade they still get a lot of light

If you're going to leave them outside, you could dig holes and sink the containers into them. The air might be 107°F, but the ground won't be, at least under the surface. Another thing you can do is to water them well, shortly before dawn. And, if there's any way to get electricity to them, set up a good fan. That will aid in transpiration, which will allow them to self-cool.

If they're healthy, their roots have easy access to water, and they aren't allowed to bake in their containers, the heat won't kill them. They won't do much in the way of growing, though.

No, I wouldn't feed them, or at least not beyond a minimum, and only that much if they evidenced some sort of deficiency. The reason being that they'll be transpiring so much moisture that they could easily end up taking in too much in the way of nutrients.

IDK whether I'd set up a sprinkler to run during the hottest part of the day. It would help, especially if there's wind. But it would also tend to stymie transpiration. Use your own judgment.

I don't think you'll have too much to worry about, honestly. Cannabis seems to hold up fine in high temps, just make sure they get plenty of water. You might set up an umbrella for some temporary shade if you're still concerned. I live in the Bay Area so the temps will only be in the high 90's. I grow outside in 20 gal fabric pots and have had some triple digit days in the past and the plants did fine. I also know some outdoor growers who live in the Palm Dessert in So Cal and 107 is just an average day for them. Their plants look great.

I have a shade that blocks out light I can put over them, or drag them to the shady area on the outside of the house. They are growing in 20 gallon pots. California has a heat wave the next few days
I have grow in 107 with no problem. Feed early in the morning and don’t let them dry out. This is mine after a day of 121+

image.jpg

Unfortunately when we grow outside we are limited with what to do in extreme heat. If possible go with a beige color garden shade. They have them at home depot. The darker the shade the more you will have to slowly acclimate them back to sun light when
You remove the screen.
You can also use liquid kelp.
Good luck my friend.

Here is a picture of my ladies under the sun screen.
20210620_075506.jpg

High Gee
May I suggest that you go with a light colored shade such as beige. It will still let in the light and you won't have to reintroduce them when you take the shade away. It helps to cut the intense direct heat .

Also may I suggest a product from FOXFARM called BUSH DOCTOR'S
"KELP ME KELP YOU". it helps keep the root ball cool during extreme weather.
Hope this helps and keep on growing.
Peace....wes

High Gee
May I suggest that you go with a light colored shade such as beige. It will still let in the light and you won't have to reintroduce them when you take the shade away. It helps to cut the intense direct heat .

Also may I suggest a product from FOXFARM called BUSH DOCTOR'S
"KELP ME KELP YOU". it helps keep the root ball cool during extreme weather.
Hope this helps and keep on growing.
Peace....wes
Sorry my friend thats an old post. :Namaste:
Gee is gone and won't be replying.
But thanks for the advice.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom