12/12 back to 18/6? Will it mess the plant up?

TheFertilizer

So here is other situation, I have 9 plants flowering right now and I can't setup an extra veg space. I started these ones 12/12 from seed and I am not sure I want to do it again. When I consider how much I could get from one seed with a little more patience it just doesn't seem worth it. Especially since I'm really uncomfortable with ordering seeds do want to avoid it for as long as possible.

Anyway they're pretty close to done and I want to take this time to start 4 new ones, I figure I could wait until I am 2 weeks from harvest and put the new plants in, but I don't want them to flower immediately and I know from this time around they will take about 26 days to start flowering from seed, so when I cut the current crop down, I want to switch to 18/6 (or maybe something lower) that will keep them veg'ing a little longer.

My question then I guess is, once you start a seed out in 12/12 is it too late to go back, and if not when is it? I figure since 26 days is the time it takes them to reach sexual maturity they should just keep growing when put back in a long day. I don't know why it would cause problems, but figure I would ask and not just waste 3 weeks.

NO...People re-veg plants all the time. There are multiple books written on it. You can take a normal plant full life cycle and if you are kind enough, harvest it and put it right back into veg and start it all over. Usually it is not faster though then starting a new seed and way slower than cloning.

It is all about timing but honestly if you are from seed and only have them under 12 12 for the very first few weeks (week 1 being still under ground) it wont be mature enough to really flip right away. If you are taking a relativley mature plant and doing it then you may cause a problem.

There are some tricks to it but I can time it and get my plants to sex and flower in 24 hours. I have done it no shit in one dark period because I chemically start it flowering a week ahead of the light change. So if you avoid advanced techniques like that then you are probably going to be fine as it can easily take 2 weeks to really start to flower anyway.

If it does start to flower and you revert it back then it will take a few extra weeks to revert...but then you will have a monster cropped plant. That will yield hugely.

Good luck! You can time this correctly...

:thumb:

Before much longer you should consider cloning and that solves everything you mentioned. You can stunt clones and hold them basically in hibernation until you want them and then start the grow when you want and they take off immediately.

Sweet. Yeah I am leaning towards finding a phenotype I like and going back to cloning. I am just sick of buying them. They cost too much and come with free mites. I was hoping seeds would be less trouble, and hoped I would find my own cut to keep cloning. My buddy grew the same line of Master Kush for like a decade, and he taught me how to clone and I basically ran a nursery, so I am definitely comfortable with the process, I am just trying to be watt-smart and not end up with baby plants all over my house again lol

But how do you clone a plant once it's already flowered? Like, one of my Blackberry Kush plants grows its buds all stacked on the main stem and I love that, but since I had to wait until it was in full bloom too see how it would develop, isn't it too late to clone now?

Just cause I like showing her off... Like a frosty little Christmas tree.
20160625_061150.JPG

I really enjoy working with plants this small, but it's just a very inefficient use of seeds unless you make your own, and since I planted all feminized seed I can't get any back from this crop. I thought about letting one run late to do Rodelization though. These plants already have too many hermie traits though, and then I have to worry about genetic diversity, I don't think I would get good plants if I selfed them because they'd be S2, so I would have to cross pollenate. Blackberry Kush x Platinum Girl Scout Cookies sound like it could be pretty good though.

I am just trying to plot my path forward, but it occurred to me I am basically wasting time just waiting for these to be done before I start more. In fact, if I start new ones now, and then keep one of these older ones in the tent, I could probably end up with a whole seed crop without having to mess with collecting, storing and applying pollen. But that would be sacrificing a good seedless crop. Not to mention I don't know if it would permanently contaminate the area as I have no carbon filter.

Anyway blah blah blah I should probably just buy a little veg/clone chamber, but I won't have the funds available until after week nine (next month) of flower so it still wouldn't be able to help me take advantage of these next three weeks. Looks like I will be planting new ones in the next week or two.

You actually open up a lot of topics there. I could go on and on and I honestly don't have time. You can get femmed seeds yourself from the fem'd seeds you have a few ways.

My journal was to show how to do it cheap for a beginner and there is lots of talk about cloning and other stuff.

To answer you question specifically that is a process know as "Supper Cropping" and is not for beginners. Like everything with weed it is easy if you aren't a fool but it is one of the more difficult things to pull off. Most people have no trouble getting 100% success rate at cloning after just 2 or 3 tries. But supper cropping getting 30% to survive is good.

You were not asking about supper cropping, I think you were asking about having a sprout under 12 hours for a few weeks before putting them into 18. That is fine. The worst that happens is it freaks and super crops.

I am real busy these days. I wont be on the forum much until next spring. But these are basic questions that lots of people can help with so I have faith you will get the help you need.

:goodluck:

If you are interested in a good way of making you own femd seeds look into making your own Chitosan tea and overdosing the plant. it freaks and thinks it is infested with insects and will bloom massively and if over done will hermi. It is not hermid due to real stress so it make fabulous seeds.

Cheap and simple.

There are multiple ways... I explain the way I do it in my journal on like page 10 or so.

:peace:

These are some of the ones grown without fertilizers as documented in that journal.

Midsclose.JPG
222101.JPG
Mids3.JPG
Tops18.JPG
full18.JPG
mids2.JPG
mids2.JPG
bottom16.JPG
mids21.JPG
6_25takedown.JPG
6_25_mids.JPG

Oh and those all happen to be clones that were 1 week in veg!

No fancy nutes

No water treatments or pHing.

Organic grow where you add straight tap once a week and tea every other week.

By the way I am updating my journal now with the reveg of the mother of these clones.

I harvested her a month or so back and threw her outside while the days are still getting longer and longer. She has come back!
:thumb:

New_growth11.JPG

Yeah I put her in the ground on a lark...this was the last pic I think I took. She bloomed nicely.

Rebound9_3.JPG

OPPS I found a few more ;)

DSCF30265.JPG
DSCF30413.JPG

Back
Top Bottom