12/12 from seed grows

Seems fair enough you are an honest lad:cool:.........I was kinda thinking another way on this, if your wife is not sick great :cheesygrinsmiley: but what if another person you knew came to you and said hey I can't grow a stick in the mud will you be my caregiver I have a medical need and have a card?........oh he/she says I won't need much as I'm a medium type user of my meds. So, I am wondering can you then grow 2x the amount at your garden/place and then give the friend you are caregiver for what he/she needs and you continue to use the total plants/per oz. limit for two people under the current law in Ca?...... :rollit:
Nope! I won't grow for someone else. No one knows I grow here except myself, the wife and a great friend who helps me out with clones, seeds and smoke at times. I do the same for him. Loose lips sink ships and people are robbed at gun point these days over this medicine. I've had my house robbed and plants stolen all due to pot and too many knowing it was there. Never again. Personal only. Nothing EVER will be sold or grown for another. As it is...I usually have a ounce or two xtra between harvests and I throw it into the compost pile. Sometimes if needed I make hash out of it. I tried giving my extra away to some people and almost got into trouble because one decided to tell the law exactly where he got it from. That ended that!
I have a written recomendation from my doctor saying I'm a medical marijuana medicine user. I refuse to get the california ID card. I'm not quite stupid enough to tell the cops exactly where my plants are. Not yet anyway.lol Give me a few more years though and who knows...lol

Nope! I won't grow for someone else. No one knows I grow here except myself, the wife and a great friend who helps me out with clones, seeds and smoke at times. I do the same for him. Loose lips sink ships and people are robbed at gun point these days over this medicine.

I agree with Race 100% on this. The laws here in Mooseland (Canada) are not entirely clear to me, no matter who I ask I get a different answer even from those who wear the bloody uniforms and make the arrests. So I have decided not to live in fear. Instead I will live in hiding.

However on the subject of 12/12's. I was originally going to use a Scrog method and keep a squad of mothers for when I wish to try or switch strains. I love sampling other strains. LOVE it. After reading the 12/12 info I quickly realized that this might be the way to go. I don't need to get 100% from my grow space. I have decided to pick a favorite strain (for me that's white widow, it only took once to get me hooked!), and to that end my first purchase of white widow seeds will be 20 from the best source I can find (probably Dutch Passion). From those 20 plants I hope to find one good male and 1-2 good females (take clones from each and keep them in the flowering chamber at 24/0) and when that crop is done raise seeds. Those will be my first 2 grows.

Then I plan to do sorta what Boss describes. I shall then germ a pile more WW seeds (still under 12/12), but then slip in 5 beans from this place and 5 from that place, killing males and moving the females from the vegging chamber to the flowering chamber once the sex is known. I figure 9-12 plants in 3 gal bags in the flowering chamber (and upto 20 in half gal containers in the veg chamber) but all at various stages of growth from just after sexing/transplant to 3 days before harvest. The draw back to this method is that the larger plants get to dictate the light height but as they come out the light can be adjusted. I also will be adding some extra Floro's to boost the flowering chambers light.

This method will NOT give me the biggest yields by any means. What I hope is that this will allow me to have a good supply of bud (for me and my father and perhaps a little left for a friend or two) that will finally allow me to smoke without keeping an eye on the bag and worrying about when I can reload, what my guy will have in stock, ect.. And, just as important, will finally allow me to try different strains tastes and highs from different breeders. I don't wanna just hear about it anymore! :ganjamon:

With all that being said, I know more plants=more pain if caught and if they count seeds as 1 lb plants here in Mooseland then I'll be doubly doomed because I hear 1-2 females will produce a LOT of seeds.

Seems fair enough you are an honest lad:cool:.........I was kinda thinking another way on this, if your wife is not sick great :cheesygrinsmiley: but what if another person you knew came to you and said hey I can't grow a stick in the mud will you be my caregiver I have a medical need and have a card?........oh he/she says I won't need much as I'm a medium type user of my meds. So, I am wondering can you then grow 2x the amount at your garden/place and then give the friend you are caregiver for what he/she needs and you continue to use the total plants/per oz. limit for two people under the current law in Ca?...... :rollit:

your answer is yes.

I'm coming in late on this. In Australia we have the same problems with numbers of plants, and extrapolated yields. Anything over 100 plants is considered commercial supply, and in court, if you are charged with supply, the onus of proof transfers -ie.instead of the presumption of innocence, you have to prove that you are not a commercial supplier. In other words, guilty until proved innocent. This reverse onus of proof can be hard to discount in court, as juries and judges will ALWAYS listen to the prosecution's experts. To be convicted of commercial supply pretty well guarantees you a prison sentence.
Also, while the 12/12 system is handy and convenient for small grows, to do it the way Cees does, requires 21 plants per square meter! Admittedly, you don't have to grow that number, but from a growers point of view, I want to be able to maximise my yield from my available grow space and lights etc., as safely as possible. To do that here, I need to keep my numbers below what is considers a suppliable quantity.

You dont need more plants for the 12/12 from seed method than you need for a 'clone with short veg' grow .

Great thing is that with the right strain you can grow very short plants of great quality with the 12/12 method . and you don't need the low-rider strain to get it done

3_Double_Fun_17_mei_2008_013_10_1.jpg

A only 12/12 grow from SpeesCees , resulting in plants of about 20 inches tall

You dont need more plants then with a clone grow with 2 weeks veg time !

They can become big enough even without a veg period .
Try to eliminate everything that slows down the development of your plants .
The ones in this picture are in one large container ,from seed to harvest , no repotting /tranfer. they are almost 1 meter tall

IMG_0223.JPG

Notice the leaf to bud ratio !

I have been doing reports on this method for 4 years now on a number of national and international forums . It really turned out that the method needs good explaination and instructions in order to be successfull.

why 12/12 from the start ?

- It is the fastest possible way to go from seed to harvest

- you can do everything in just one room/space

- you can grow a room filled with buds and topleaves without lots of "veg-leaves" , this means your light will be able to reach further into your field, resulting in good buds from top to bottom .

- Less risk because less time is needed

- growing plants from seed resulting in a more equal field of plants . The more time there is for phenotypes to grow ,the bigger the differences will be.

disadvantages:

- there is no time to make mistakes because there is no veg time to recover in.

- You need seeds that germinate fast ( within 48 hours) because you want all plants starting at about the same time.

-you have to prevent your young seedplants to start shooting , you must concentrate on horizontal development.

- when you want to limit the number of plants you need to have the knowledge/experience to maximize plant development

"the faster plants develop ,the healthier they are ,the more they will yield"

I've used different lamps for the first few weeks for example philips HPI- T plus
But also standard fluros color 33 of 830 ( phillipscode) . I do prefer these combined with regular 600 watts high pressure sodium lamp.

This is how it started
one big container with regular seeds . for about 3 weeks the number of plants is high. After showing sex and selection the number of plants is reduced to about 40 %

a full report on this grow can be found at
No Mercy Supply

I hope this link is not a problem, otherwise I will remove it

12/12 from seed - sounds interesting. i have always done the flowering clone trick like racefan described - but yes i need a veg chamber. i take my clones at day 21 of flower, and by the time i harvest - they are ready for the flower box. my cycle in the flower chamber is 45 - 60 days depending on the strain.

always good to see something different - thanks bog

Back
Top Bottom