How do you time your flowering, from sex revealed or from 12/12?

Tricknology

Its a hard to question to word right, so let me explain it better here. They say flowering officially begins when the plant shows sex, but the question I ask to all of you is, is that when you start to count? Like when your plant shows sex for the first time do you count the next week as being week 1? Or do you count it from the day you put it on 12/12? I ask this because I havent grown in a few years but im worried that my plants buds are a lil small for their size... Technically they are at day 41 from 12/12. But didnt show sex until like a week and a few days. So im wondering is my plant at day 41, or day 31 in the eyes of you guys. For the record when i use to grow I went by when I swithced the light to 12/12. The main reason I ask is because I notice alot of plants at day 40 look like their buds are way bigger, not everyones but enough to make me ask how exactly are people counting their weeks. Thanks guys. Oh and I know pics would help, but my gf has the iphone with the nice pic capability and shes not home. I only have older pics. And yes I know they say its about 6 weeks flowering from when the plant shows sex. So how do you count your weeks?>

I just kinda guesstimate... when the calyxes become clearly visible underneath the pistils that shot out in pre-flower usually-- & it feels like it gets me closer to the stated 60-70day flowering time on the packages i cop... it ALL feels like it goes past that mark too, but thats a good thing if nothing else is lacking... IMO

I just kinda guesstimate... when the calyxes become clearly visible underneath the pistils that shot out in pre-flower usually-- & it feels like it gets me closer to the stated 60-70day flowering time on the packages i cop... it ALL feels like it goes past that mark too, but thats a good thing if nothing else is lacking... IMO

hey livenburn hows it growin, I think you misunderstood the question, it wasnt about me worrying about when to pick, I dont pay attention to how many weeks its suppose to be i go by when I think its ready. I was trying to ask, like when people say my plant is 40 days into flowering, are they counting from when the plant first showed female pistils or from the first day that they switched to the 12/12 cycle. I ask this because they say "technically" you got about six to 8 weeks with most indicas from when the plant shows. For the record, my assumption is that people start count from the day they put light to 12/12. I appreciate you taking the time to smoke with me tho, your advice was sound had i not made the question difficult to understand.

Hey Trick-- got it going green now , i hear what ur saying... 6 mos. ago the switch of the light WAS the start of flower-- for me. haha lol

Back
Top Bottom