When do you start your day count for 12/12

When do you start count on days in flowering?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I veg at 18/6, and the week before I intend to change to 12/12, I reduce my timer by a hour a day for that week. I then start counting days only as a general guide telling me to watch the trics more closely since they tell you when to harvest, not a calendar.

I count from the day I turn the lights back.
At about day 53 I start looking at the buds under a magnifying glass and I study the Pods.
When they are puffed up at the tops of the pods and still clear... I wait until about 50/50are clear and amber...... That's when the time is right.

we all know the 12/12 thing.when A package says 60 days,you say when you start 12/12 you count from that day,that seems to me to be off A couple of weeks from my experiance,but I gro outdoors

Yes, but you never harvest by what it says on the package. :peace:

In an old question and answer with Ed Rosenthal he says the description of flowering times are not accurate for really mature buds. They are meant for growers that can harvest it at the first date they might be able to sell it.

So I guess the flowering time descriptions are for when the plants first began to really get medicinal effects, but if you want a fully mature bud wait and harvest with the trichrome method. Not only will the trichromes be bursting with goodness but the buds with be heavier as the ovaries behind the stigmas swell into a psuedo seed pod.

Always go by the Trics. This will let you choose when to harvest your plants for the high you desire, potency and appeal. So yeah that what i know lol hope it helps

All grows are different. Temps, humidity, light configuration, light intensity, grow medium, and so on and so on. All these things have a huge influence on your plants. Im trying different cropping techniques to see what may come of it. Goin half and half trying TOP and FIM technique. May be too similar of techniques....... okay im ramblin sry everyone :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom