Gettin ready for 12/12

Kush Killer

ok so im gettin ready to switch over to 12/12 this weekend, i remeber reading somewhere the last day of veg i should let it be nite for 36hrs, before kicking on there first cycle of 12/12? anything else i need to do ?

should i switch to 12/12 under my MH for first week or start 12/12 under the hps

36 hours darkness after veg before flowering?
That was a new forum-myth to me, the old one was 36-72 hours before harvest.

There might be some difference (harvest darkness), but the plant life is about 4 months and I really doubt a few hours extra darkness would do much.

idk about that I tried it and have not seen any difference, it took the same amount of time so its all on you. You could try it and get a different result but thats me

Hey Kush , how many lumens are you getting out of that bulb ? Also, bulb manufacturers say you should replace your bulb ever somany hrs. You ever heard of this ?

initial= 34800
mean=29600

i don't know about changing the bulb so many hours... i wouldn't go more than two 12/12 cycles on the bulb...because they are so cheap.. ill replace mine after every 12/12 cycle. ALL this info you would need on this bulb is located here. it has srectrum chart, comparison info,etc etc.

how ever

I have used the same bulb start to finish for 4 grows, I do have a replacement and even tried it saw no difference in groth.
they are supposed to last up to 10,000 hours so even at 100days at 20 hours is still just 2000 hours. but you can do as you like.
just saying:peace:

yea they supposed to last 15000 hrs, but said 12500 is suggested replacement time.. one definate plus is they dont run as hot as regular hps! with a hot spot difuser and just my exhaust fan... keepm my temps nice and cool, which lets me get the light closer to canopy, 76 day time,69 night time..

Those Ceramic metal halides rock!!! I would use that the entire grow, and adding the 600w HPS will definitely be a great combo! I run the same in my tent and my buds are always frosty as hell and very dense :) Those CMH put out better red than a HPS and better blue than a regular metal halide... :)

Back
Top Bottom