When do you start your day count for 12/12

When do you start count on days in flowering?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok, just a bit curious about something. When do you start counting days for 12/12?? Is it when you switch to 12/12 lighting or when she first shows sex under 12/12?

I go from when they show sex. Growing from unidentified bagseed seems to take much longer than the average 60-70 days flowering period

I count from when I switch to 12/12. But I would like to know is that how the breeders count when they put it in their descriptions of the buds how many weeks it takes to mature?

Thats what I was zoning in on.. It seems that most of my grows go a week or two over what the description says. I wondered if they went by the onset of flowering instead of light change...

You know that's something I have wondered for quite A while,never thought to ask.DUH!
so youall think it is when the change first shows not at the change to 12/12,you know that does make sence,outdoor's you don't know til it shows.

No two plants are the same and every grow room I have ever been in has been different, I have had plants finish in 48 days (blueberry) and some that have taken as long as 74 days (White Russian, NYCD & Jack Herrer). I use Co2 in my rooms and change the bulbs every 3-4 grows, i think this helps the plants finish within a shorter time.
I have never put plants into flower before being able to sex them first(8-10 weeks) So day one for my plants is when the lights have been off for 12 hours and come on again for the first 12 hours, that seems to make sense to me and keeps it simple.

No sence in putting A plant in the ground if you dont know what sex it is so I sex them first also.Does anyone know for sure when to start countin the days to harvest,so far we have NO real answer to this Question.

No sence in putting A plant in the ground if you dont know what sex it is so I sex them first also.Does anyone know for sure when to start countin the days to harvest,so far we have NO real answer to this Question.

The trigger for the plant to start flowering is the shorter days 12/12, the plant reacts upon this change from the very start.
Day one is just that,day one. How long it takes the plant to finish from that point is another question.

we all know the 12/12 thing.when A package says 60 days,you say when you start 12/12 you count from that day,that seems to me to be off A couple of weeks from my experiance,but I gro outdoors

Back
Top Bottom