12/12 from seed: How long til pre-flowers?

ganjagod22

20160309_193031.jpg
Hi all so i was just wondering as the title sais how long till i see pre-flowers growing 12/12 from seed. Medium: Soil. Lighting: 600w hps. Strains: 3 x seedsman blueberry 3x strain hunters money maker and one freebie afghan. The blueberry where on a week of 18/6 to start and are now 3 weeks and 5 days old on there 2nd weeek on 12/12. The money makers are 2 weeks and 5 days old and have been on 12/12 under the hps since they popped. The afghan plant is about 10 days old. Thanks everyone in advance. :)

Agreed. Use us veg nutrients for the first couple of weeks flower. This will provide the plant with the nitrogen it'll need for the flower stretch.

Thank you serpent was just curious as autos ive done vefore showed aftwr two weeks and my girls look like they are no where near ready to start showing. And thanks for the nutes tip i was going to change to bloom feed as soon as pre flowers but will wait until it is in full budding mode :)

I agree that they're probably nowhere near ready to show preflowers. Usually it's at around 5 weeks for me. 4-7 weeks. I've heard of plants showing in 3. Some people say that they show sex when they reach the 7th node. I don't find that to be true but I'm always doing a lot of topping and plant torture, which delays it.
I use about 1/2 veg nutes/ 1/2 bloom nutes for the first couple weeks after flipping to 12/12. They do a lot of growing in that time so they need nitrogen. Are all your plants autos?

Hey weaselcracker no none of them are autos all photo feminised from herbies. There not on there 7th node yet so i will look out to see if pre flowers start to arrive when it does reach no7. Tomorrow is the end of week two of 12/12 so another 2-3 weeks then. Im just worried as someone posted on my other thread that when doing 12/12 from seed they may never flower thinking it is naturally 12/12 where they live so wont flower until they decide there ready to which could be months? The blueberry plants had a week of 18/6 to start and then 12/12 switch over so they should show in a week or two but just worrying my other plants will not start to flower for months! Any ideas? Thanks as usual :)

No I don't think that's true. They should flower under 12/12 when they get mature enough, at around a month old, give or take a bit. The plants don't think much- they mostly grow based on some conditions that history has imprinted on them.
It may be true for some strains which originate from areas close to the equator and have near 12/12 year around. Those equatorial plants will eventually flower after a few months growth though, just whenever they get old enough, not based on the time of year so much. I used to spend a lot of time in Thailand. My general sense was that in regions close to the equator, plants could and did flower at all times of year, however- what usually ended up happening is that the growth cycle often revolves around the rainy/dry seasons. Nothing flowers out well during a monsoon.
A lot of sativas historically grew close to the equator where they have just a slight seasonal variation. My Thai strain for example, which is a landrace sativa. In southern Thailand the hours of daylight vary by only 45 minutes from mid winter to mid summer. Up in the north of Thailand around Chiangmai there's more variation - between about 11 hours daylight midwinter, and 13+ midsummer. I'm not sure what part of Thailand mine originates from but it flowers just fine under 12-12. If I reduce the lighting to 11/13 towards the end it finishes well. Otherwise, under 12/12, it tends to be difficult to tell when it's done- it keeps shooting out new pistils, while at the same time it starts to eventually reveg and send out new leaves. The other 100% sativa I have flowering is from Malawi. Overall, Malawi lies about the same distance from the equator as Thailand, though it's on the other side of the equator.
So I'm running my lights at 11/13 and sometimes down to 10/14.
Most of the indica mix strains will trigger flowering at 14/10 and under, and will flower and finish perfectly happily at 12/12. They just need that few weeks of growing time to become mature enough first.
Since the less light they have the less they grow, and the less size and yield they'll have, I usually just reduce the times to the point of finding a good balance.

Good explanation thanks weaselcracker. I will leave the blueberry another 2 weeks and the others 3-4 and if nothing i will be straight back to you for help. fingers crossed ill be back with pics of beautiful pre-flowers instead :)

Hello there. I'm also doing a 12/12 from seed and I can tell you that usually, as they stretch (pre-flower), plants will not usually show sex before 3 weeks from seeds. As Weaselcracker explained, they haven't reach maturity before then.

You can usually start to use flower stimulators (very little dosage, like under a quarter of full dose) around 2 weeks after 12/12, to prepare the appearance of sex. When sex is out on all the plant, you can consider that you are in floral induction and that you finished you pre-flower. (that is, with my indica experience. Ask another about sativas dominant)

When the buds are starting to spread and your plants stopped stretch, you're in full flower.

I happen to have a NYCD that showed sex in about 7 days of 12/12, but it is an auto. I'll clone the shit out of it !

Hello there. I'm also doing a 12/12 from seed and I can tell you that usually, as they stretch (pre-flower), plants will not usually show sex before 3 weeks from seeds. As Weaselcracker explained, they haven't reach maturity before then.

You can usually start to use flower stimulators (very little dosage, like under a quarter of full dose) around 2 weeks after 12/12, to prepare the appearance of sex. When sex is out on all the plant, you can consider that you are in floral induction and that you finished you pre-flower. (that is, with my indica experience. Ask another about sativas dominant)

When the buds are starting to spread and your plants stopped stretch, you're in full flower.

I happen to have a NYCD that showed sex in about 7 days of 12/12, but it is an auto. I'll clone the shit out of it !
Can you propagate auto by cloning it?

20160309_193031.jpg
Hi all so i was just wondering as the title sais how long till i see pre-flowers growing 12/12 from seed. Medium: Soil. Lighting: 600w hps. Strains: 3 x seedsman blueberry 3x strain hunters money maker and one freebie afghan. The blueberry where on a week of 18/6 to start and are now 3 weeks and 5 days old on there 2nd weeek on 12/12. The money makers are 2 weeks and 5 days old and have been on 12/12 under the hps since they popped. The afghan plant is about 10 days old. Thanks everyone in advance. :)
How long did it take to show sex?

Hey GrasshopperLimps,

Welcome to 420! Think you missed the point, to expound on what skunksa said - the rule of the clone - its same age as the mother it was cut from. No one cuts clones from males, cuz it’s a boy. It’s not a worthwhile venture to cut clones from an auto since autos are born with an implied toe tag of death, autos can’t reveg after a harvest. So even if you do get an auto cutting to root then it’s going to be small and race to flower. Unless you are breeding then it’s best to start with feminized seeds so there’s no worry about sexing. Also a clone will be the same gender as the parent. Does this help?

it’s old thread from 2016 but no worries, see how green tiltle bar above each post has date stamp

Hey GrasshopperLimps,

Welcome to 420! Think you missed the point, to expound on what skunksa said - the rule of the clone - its same age as the mother it was cut from. No one cuts clones from males, cuz it’s a boy. It’s not a worthwhile venture to cut clones from an auto since autos are born with an implied toe tag of death, autos can’t reveg after a harvest. So even if you do get an auto cutting to root then it’s going to be small and race to flower. Unless you are breeding then it’s best to start with feminized seeds so there’s no worry about sexing. Also a clone will be the same gender as the parent. Does this help?

it’s old thread from 2016 but no worries, see how green tiltle bar above each post has date stamp
Yes thanks a lot. Didn't see the time of the post sorry.

Back
Top Bottom