First HPS 600W grow - How am I doing?

Nice start, looks good for mag ballast. Those are able to fire the Eye Duel spectrum light. I almost went mag ballast for that reason. This early I'd use a MH lamp, $15 or so at home depot. HPS will increase internode spacing at this stage. Which will/might cause kola buds to keep spaces between each other and not fill out completely. Other then that great job.

Cheers

Thanks for the input millertm :) to be honest there isn't a lot of space between nodes the plant seems to be focusing on staying low and strengthening the stem . The stem is really thick for a two week old plant or at least I think so. I will post some pics of the nodes this evening it's mother's day so of to the parents for the afternoon. But yeah I was thinking of getting a 400w mh bulb for veg and switch back to the 600w when flowering. But can't get one til payday and that's another month away so may aswel continue as I am and will get the mh for my next grow. And yes as far a I'm aware my light is dual spectrum ( or at least the box said it is ) the plants seem to be really happy other than ph stress even my seedlings that are just about a week old haven't stretched at all I don't think they have grown at all for the last few days actually other than leaf growth so hopefully won't get any node stretch. Fingers crossed that is lol. Thanks again for your advice :)

Cool, I use SHPS or added blue spectrum HPS too. I mean 400 watt MH and 600 watt HPS in same bulb. Hortulux has a 600, 1k bulb that runs both in same lamp. You need mag ballast through, like your using.

Cheers

I think the success to 12/12 is also strain dependent. Played with this before using some free beans. Hawaiian Skunk Haze. Seemed purely sativa and had all three females reach 52" high before deciding they wanted to flower. Due to other projects I had to cut them down. Bottom line, in my opinion, is that the strain decides when it will flower.

On a Sativa maybe bit with an Indica that power is in your hands. Pluck off preflowers if you wish to remain vegging or give it the 12\12 flip of you want buds. If your plant is getting to high for your tent do a little low stress training research. If your growing outside there is no to high.

Also I used to use a dual spec bulb however this grow I've gone for a separate spec bulb. So far I'm still in veg with my 600w halide turned down to 400w. The growth is definitely better than a dual spec lamp though. If the dark nights (my lights on period) gets a little cold then I turn it up to 600w. Gives my tent a heat boost and my plants a pat on the fanny.

Hey Miller tm and vy001. And welcome to the discussion Beleaf :) great ideas on lighting options going to have a read up tonight in bed on all the difference options I'd heard of hps and it came with the kit I got so just went with what I knew of to begin with to be honest but will definitely look into better lighting for different periods of the plants cycle. And in regards to what vy001and beleaf have said I'm not sure on either oppinion with every respect possible :) I don't think it's down to indicate or sativa personally from everything I've read online it seems that a plants features are more based on what the parent looked like and grew like ( not in every case of course that's why we have "runts" ) and based on whether the parent was good at passsing these features down. But even if you have a massive mother sativa that's five foot tall and yields 15 ounces every time and one season .You breed her doesn't mean her seedlings are going to grow up the same it's down to genetics. Same over intelligent humans can produce a child that is intellectually challenged. Maybee it's just down to every single seed being different and in reality you can never guarantee what the outcome will be but hopefully for the best... As I am :) pics to follow for millertm in regards to the nodes problem we discussed earlier. Happy smoking all :-D

IMAG054818.jpg
IMAG054921.jpg
IMAG055018.jpg
IMAG055116.jpg
IMAG055222.jpg
IMAG055317.jpg
IMAG055418.jpg
IMAG056014.jpg
IMAG056113.jpg
IMAG056216.jpg

Millertm first 3 pics are my blueberry nodes. Next 4 are blueberry update for all and other 3 are the money maker by strain hunters.Afghan hasn't changed much guessing it's root developing so didn't bother with a pic of her this evening.

Also I apologize for any wierd words that end up in a sentence I write. The auto correct on my phone is terrible at guessing what i have to say lol

Looking like a great start, and blueberry is lovely. I need to grow some colored strain's.

Cheers

Brilliant thanks so that sort of distance between nodes is what I want to try and achieve all the way through their growth? Oh and Weaselcracker thank you a lot! I ran out of lemon juice very quickly as needed a lot more than I thought but with what I had in the house I got my ph down to 6.8!!! :-D never managed to audjust my ph in the past so that has been one of the best tips Ive had on my growing journey so far. Lemon juice is really cheap here so brilliant for the plants and my wallet :)

juat one more quick qustion before i go to bed to anyone that has the answer....does the blueberry strain actually turn blue colour or is that just through people photo editing? im intrigued as blue plants will make my grow tent look even more awesome than i had originally anticipated :) but i know not to believe evrything i see on the net at the same time lol thanks everyone i will be back online in 8-10 hours to see what you all have to say on the matter :)

Most of those shots are done under LED lights which will cause a blue'er pix. DD, and other strains will be colorful on their own.

Cheers

No dude the name is due to the fruity aroma. You can get some plants to turn purple by turning down the temps but its not worth the risk. Some strains are purple by nature. Frisian Duck for example.

Yeah- I have a couple strains that go a bit blue/purple under the right conditions but my Blueberry never has.
Take the ph thing with a grain of salt. Like I mentioned before- a good soil 'should' be able to compensate for high or low ph waterings. But I suppose we don't know how good your soil is - and when I read 8.5, that sounds awfully high.
Ph is one of those logarithmic scales, - each 1 point upwards on the scale is ten times as much

- so, 8 is ten times higher (more alkaline) than 7
- 9 is 100 times higher, and 8.5 falls on the scale at 50 times as alkaline.

It may be ok, but better safe than sorry while first figuring this stuff out :thumb: I'm not a soil grower myself- and PH has been the #1 source of issues at the grow.

good moring all its 5:45am here and my daughter decided we should get up so here i am at stupid o clock in the morning watching spongebob squarepants drinking warm milk :) the life of a father haha, but anyway back to it great responses as usual i had a very strong feeling the blue bud pics where to good to be true without using some sort of effect.... like using led to make them glow,so with that being said what plants do change colour other than the frisian duck that vy001 used as an example and what fancy colours have you all experienced in the past? and weasel cracker i found out after testing this evening that our tap water supply sits at ph 7.9 s in respect i don't think its my soil, bought the best seed starting soil from i could find its got no clayness to it at all and even when wet doesn't really clump so i think its just the ph from the water that is ruining where i am at on the ph scale. im going to buy a water butt and start going to my local tropical fish supply shop and purchase a few gallons of r.o water at a time its only a couple of bucks and is ph balanced if i am correct. morning pics of the girls to folow in 3 hrs when lights on begins for my indoor farm :) speak soon guys and may i say i reallly appreciate the discusiion. i cant speak of what im doing with anyone where i live so i appreciate having fellow farming friends to discuss various grow topics with so thank you alll round guys :) gotta say im proud to be apart of such a hube and respective community :-D

Where I'm at, the city keeps tap at 8.0 TDS 18. PH down is what I use and it works.

Cheers

hey millertm, i was thinking i should by a ph up and down kit aswel just incase i run into any un expected ph problems, will i have to audjust the ph with every feed i give from now on then? thank you

Yep, my tap bounces up and down every time I feed or water. Cheap, $10 or so. Worth it.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom