How am I doing?

My reasoning is that my space is 4.6 sqft (28"x24"), at 100w the SF provides 21w per sqft. With the addition of 50w of blurple I am now have 32w per sqft.
Didn't intend to sound like I was criticising.
I'm not questioning your decision, just surprised is all.
I never go by watts per square foot, I go by par charts, and ppfd. I don't have the equipment to do the measurements myself, though.
Tents do make a big difference in how much light is reaching your plants

Does this look like light stress? These yellowing leaves seem to be in the center part of plant, where light would be most intense. right?

If not light, what should I look at?

0321211844.jpg

0321211844a.jpg

Nobody has any Idea whats wrong here?
I'm not sure of your details my friend, it looks like a nutritional issue to me.
I'm sorry if you have already stated your details but, what you growing in what you feeding her?

I'm not sure of your details my friend, it looks like a nutritional issue to me.
I'm sorry if you have already stated your details but, what you growing in what you feeding her?
I'm feeding with FF trio @ about two thirds strength. I also add cal/mag at 1tsp per gallon.

I did the following after being told this is a MAG deficiency,
I gave plant a flush with 5 gallons of 6.2 Ph’d water with five tsp of epsom salt. No nutes. At the end of flush I checked the run off and recorded a PH of 5.87. I also checked the PPM and it was 1020 at the half way point and 710 at the end of flush.

Just want to confirm I'm on the right track.

I'm feeding with FF trio @ about two thirds strength. I also add cal/mag at 1tsp per gallon.

I did the following after being told this is a MAG deficiency,
I gave plant a flush with 5 gallons of 6.2 Ph’d water with five tsp of epsom salt. No nutes. At the end of flush I checked the run off and recorded a PH of 5.87. I also checked the PPM and it was 1020 at the half way point and 710 at the end of flush.

Just want to confirm I'm on the right track.
That ff trio, do you have a feed schedule for it. I'm pretty sure at this point in your grow its calling for more nutrients. If your in soil? You should try to get them on schedule and eating at full strength. ( are you in soil)

I'm afraid I'm going to lose her

Yes in soil, and had been working my way up with nutes until this problem showed up. Not wanting to stress plant any further and believing that I had MAG deficiency I stopped nutes and did small flush mentioned above.

For reference,
Clone: AJs sour diesel
Soil: Promix
Nute: FF Trio 2/3 strength + cal/mag 1tsp per gallon.
Water: PH'd 6.5 RO.
Light: SF1000d, 900w purple veg switch only.
Humidity: 40 - 60.
Temps no hotter than 82f no lower than 65f.

Any thoughts on soil PH and PPM of run off?

I'm afraid I'm going to lose her

Yes in soil, and had been working my way up with nutes until this problem showed up. Not wanting to stress plant any further and believing that I had MAG deficiency I stopped nutes and did small flush mentioned above.

For reference,
Clone: AJs sour diesel
Soil: Promix
Nute: FF Trio 2/3 strength + cal/mag 1tsp per gallon.
Water: PH'd 6.5 RO.
Light: SF1000d, 900w purple veg switch only.
Humidity: 40 - 60.
Temps no hotter than 82f no lower than 65f.

Any thoughts on soil PH and PPM of run off?
Generally from what I understand soil growers don't ph their mixture as the soil will buffer yourmix to its own ph. Did you say you only have the veg switch turned on your light? Bloom should never be turned off even in veg they need the red spectrum.Also from what I understand soil ppm run off isnt reliant, due to particles in soil leaching out. But its good that you are watering till you get a run off. Are you letting the pot dry properly in-between watering?
Are you giving water in-between feedings as recommended?
When you mix your nutrients put in calmag first, it binds to rest of nutrients for mobility. Also the feed schedule for that nutrient line do you have one? Are you trying to follow it instead after watering down your nutrients?

Generally from what I understand soil growers don't ph their mixture.
Hmm, I thought the reason to measure run off was to determine soil PH. I was expecting the run off water to be near to what I have been putting in, 5.87 is lower than the 6.2 I've been watering with. Worse is that I checked my meter last night and its reading low at 6.84 in 7.0 calibrating solution.

Did you say you only have the veg switch turned on your light? Bloom should never be turned off even in veg.
Sorry, bloom light is on for purple light veg off, this is to supplement my sf1000d. This gives me 180 watts in my 4.6sqft grow space. Or 39 watts per sqft.

Also from what I understand soil ppm run off isnt reliant, due to particles in soil leaching out. But its good that you are watering till you get a run off. Are you letting the pot dry properly in-between watering?
I haven't been watering to run off, but I will be from now on. The run off I'm referring to was from flush with epsom salt to fix MAG deficiency. I had been using finger to second knuckle to determine water needs, its been a mistake as I now know from flush that I wasn't watering enough at one time. I had been watering every 4 days. Going forward I'll be using the pot lift method.

No, I have been watering every 4 days with nutes added. The feeding scheduled states that feeding can be up to twice a week, considering that I have been watering every 4, I assumed I was good to go with this.

Also the feed schedule for that nutrient line do you have one? Are you trying to follow it instead after watering down your nutrients?

Yes I've been using the soil feeding chart from FF, I've been using less than the chart says as that's what I have been reading on various forums, ie not to use full strength.

I'll make sure to mix in cal/mag first from now on.

Thanks for you time Bill

Hmm, I thought the reason to measure run off was to determine soil PH. I was expecting the run off water to be near to what I have been putting in, 5.87 is lower than the 6.2 I've been watering with. Worse is that I checked my meter last night and its reading low at 6.84 in 7.0 calibrating solution.

Sorry, bloom light is on for purple light veg off, this is to supplement my sf1000d. This gives me 180 watts in my 4.6sqft grow space. Or 39 watts per sqft.

I haven't been watering to run off, but I will be from now on. The run off I'm referring to was from flush with epsom salt to fix MAG deficiency. I had been using finger to second knuckle to determine water needs, its been a mistake as I now know from flush that I wasn't watering enough at one time. I had been watering every 4 days. Going forward I'll be using the pot lift method.

No, I have been watering every 4 days with nutes added. The feeding scheduled states that feeding can be up to twice a week, considering that I have been watering every 4, I assumed I was good to go with this.

Yes I've been using the soil feeding chart from FF, I've been using less than the chart says as that's what I have been reading on various forums, ie not to use full strength.

Thanks for you time Bill
Your confusing your charts ,maby :Namaste: Hydroponic growers use ppm to feed their girls, hence the confusion about watering down nutrients. Soil growers measure in ml/L or teaspoons per gallon say. See the difference.
Try feeding proper strength as per chart, water in-between feedings is usually recommended, . There is a gentleman on the board @Backlipslide . In his signature is a thread watering the BLT method. I recommend reading it. Quite good. See how these changes effect your ladies. If you don't see an improvement quickly, I know soil growers who are way better at it than me. I'm in coco. I can call in some if there is no improvement.

Your confusing your charts ,maby :Namaste: Hydroponic growers use ppm to feed their girls, hence the confusion about watering down nutrients. Soil growers measure in ml/L or teaspoons per gallon say. See the difference.
Yes its been by tsp, last was 2 tsp of big bloom, 1 tsp of grow big and 2 tsp tiger bloom with a tsp of cal/mag. I put up the run off ppm to help diagnose the leaf problem.

Thanks again Bill.

Generally from what I understand soil growers don't ph their mixture as the soil will buffer yourmix to its own ph. Did you say you only have the veg switch turned on your light? Bloom should never be turned off even in veg they need the red spectrum.Also from what I understand soil ppm run off isnt reliant, due to particles in soil leaching out. But its good that you are watering till you get a run off. Are you letting the pot dry properly in-between watering?
When you mix your nutrients put in calmag first, it binds to rest of nutrients for mobility. Also the feed schedule for that nutrient line do you have one? Are you trying to follow it instead after watering down your nutrients?
The sf 1000 is full spectrum, and alone is enough to flower a 2x2 as I am currently doing, and if it were the light the leaves in the middle of the plant wouldn't be showing symptoms.

Thanks for you time Bill
Runoff is largely useless for soil grows. You should ph what you're putting in, ideally to 6.3 to 6.5. With fresh soil or living organic soil (LOS) you shouldn't need to ph anything.

With any nutes, but especially Fox Farm, a water, feed, water, feed schedule is better. And the lift the pot method is excellent.

I would try using the FF nutes at full strength. There are salts that will build up, which is why they tell you to flush. But at less than full strength they can leave you with deficiencies.

In soil it takes days to see any improvement, and the damaged leaves are unlikely to recover. Watch the new growth.

My plant will likely need water today and will be when I start full strengthen nutes. But before I do this could someone take a look at this leaf tip curl, from what I've read this is commonly nitrogen toxicity.

This is my sixth week of flower so I'll be dropping Grow big which is the component with the most Nitrogen.

0327211951.jpg
0327211952.jpg
0327211952b.jpg

Am I going to be able to Finish with this plant? Is she dying?

She just keeps looking worse and worse. Some of the new growth seems to be yellowing slightly.

I gave her a pot lift to see if she was ready for water last night and she wasn't quite there yet, I mention this because I have my water plus nutes all ready to go for lights on tonight. But am unsure if I should feed her at full strength considering her shape. To be clear she is due for 2tsp of tiger bloom and 3tsp of big bloom and a tsp of cal/mag per gallon per feeding schedule.

Here are some pics from this morning,
0329211844.jpg

0329211844a.jpg

Not sure what the fix was, low nutes, watering to often or not watering to run off, but problem doesn't seem to be getting any worse.

Using the pot lift method sure has spaced my watering out, I was watering every 3 to 4 days and now its more like a week to 8 days.

0404211808.jpg

Back
Top Bottom