What am I doing wrong

The cronnisoier

Hi guys I’ve at the end of my ropes right now and don’t know what is going on. I am a medical patient and decided to grow my own and at now on my 3rd crop and it’s still shit and same things seem to happen every time and it ends up leaving me with crap medicine. I started using the Autopot system and it didn’t work out then went to the top drip system and still didn’t do shit and now I switched from cocoa to promix and started hand feeding and now that I’m ready to swap over to flower the same problems arise.
6.3ph
Tap water 120ppm
Remo feed chart
Promix soil in 4gal pot
Veg 315w cmh
Flower 750w gavitas
Veg temp 76-80•
Flower temp 78•
Humidity veg 60-80
Humidity flower 53-56
Feed feed water
veg room has air intake and exhaust (recirculated in house )
Flower room sealed with a/c and co2 (not a burner)
Yields are huge but the plants look like shit and don’t ever dense up with low thc. Now it’s starting again with my 3rd grow and thought I was doing great but now showing signs of crap again. I’ve started from seed all 3 times trying various strains (work great in friends places). It attacks the big fan leaves first I’ve posted about this before and tried a few recommendations that were dishwater like lowering my remo nuts but that made it worst so maybe someone else has a different theory

Attachments

• 3038B6C8-AC9C-4C7F-BE6F-648A6A55DEF0.png
    3038B6C8-AC9C-4C7F-BE6F-648A6A55DEF0.png
    867.1 KB · Views: 225
  • 5BB74BF3-5CA8-464A-8541-B1AD8C4F24A5.jpeg
    5BB74BF3-5CA8-464A-8541-B1AD8C4F24A5.jpeg
    431.9 KB · Views: 223
  • 4A736DCD-C8CA-46B2-B616-531217FB2EA4.jpeg
    4A736DCD-C8CA-46B2-B616-531217FB2EA4.jpeg
    435 KB · Views: 210
  • 9488005E-C788-443A-A67F-7314AADA8B1C.jpeg
    9488005E-C788-443A-A67F-7314AADA8B1C.jpeg
    397.6 KB · Views: 204
  • FA957F1E-ABDF-4C26-A9B4-AE816E63342A.jpeg
    FA957F1E-ABDF-4C26-A9B4-AE816E63342A.jpeg
    597.4 KB · Views: 200
  • 9E6A0F03-823A-4A90-9BB9-D7655E9CC7B6.jpeg
    9E6A0F03-823A-4A90-9BB9-D7655E9CC7B6.jpeg
    459.1 KB · Views: 200
  • 462C5E3F-B8A4-4EE2-9D7F-2D84B8399275.jpeg
    462C5E3F-B8A4-4EE2-9D7F-2D84B8399275.jpeg
    455.3 KB · Views: 190
  • 6D629A80-53DE-45EB-A161-749ED28A4D6C.jpeg
    6D629A80-53DE-45EB-A161-749ED28A4D6C.jpeg
    457.5 KB · Views: 198
More pics I just took

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    943 KB · Views: 195
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    559.6 KB · Views: 205
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    467.3 KB · Views: 206
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    591.4 KB · Views: 197
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    703 KB · Views: 215
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    706.4 KB · Views: 220
Are those fabric pots or regular plastic containers? And am I understanding correctly you are flowering with 3x 750w?
They are regular plastic pots that were supplied with my auto pot kits. I flower with 4 gavita 750’s in a different sealed room but I have never ran them over 650w each. They seem to do great for the first 6 weeks and when they get about 5-8 weeks old they start this crap.

They are regular plastic pots that were supplied with my auto pot kits. I flower with 4 gavita 750’s in a different sealed room but I have never ran them over 650w each. They seem to do great for the first 6 weeks and when they get about 5-8 weeks old they start this crap.
Right on... Ya pretty frustrating when they are looking so good then it all goes to shit! Stick around and we will get ya sorted, there's tons of great knowledge on here.. Not sure how much help I can be as I grow in coco so hopefully we can get a promix user in to help.. What promix product is it you're using btw? I'm inclined to think you should be in bigger containers but there may be more to it than that. Do you know what ppm you're feeding? How often and how much are you watering? I'll try to round up some more experienced promix folks to have a look :peace:

Right on... Ya pretty frustrating when they are looking so good then it all goes to shit! Stick around and we will get ya sorted, there's tons of great knowledge on here.. Not sure how much help I can be as I grow in coco so hopefully we can get a promix user in to help.. What promix product is it you're using btw? I'm inclined to think you should be in bigger containers but there may be more to it than that. Do you know what ppm you're feeding? How often and how much are you watering? I'll try to round up some more experienced promix folks to have a look :peace:
I’m at 900-950ppm by the time they are 4 weeks into veg and top out around 1050-1100. In flower I’ll be around 1200-1300 to see. In cocoa I was at 1120ppm in veg and 1050-1250 in flower. By the last few weeks of flower all the leaves have dried up and fell off. I water as needed now and normally give 1/2gal every 2 days as they don’t seem to be eating a ton. Last crop I gave them 3 short feeds a day on cocoa and same results. I’ve spent a small fortune to set up these 2 rooms so it could be fun and exciting and now all I have is crap product and a loan payment for equipment. Could have bought medicine from my LP for way way less and not be stressed

Those ppms sound a bit high, and wayyy high in coco. I have grown several coco crops that turned out stellar, all around the 500ppm mark. Coco needs to be watered to the point of substantial runoff. Some do multiple feeds/day but you need to get runoff regularly to keep the medium clean.
Anyways with the promix I am inexperienced so am hesitant to give much advice (but I'll give a little)... I imagine you need to get some good runoff from it regularly too if you're not doing so. Giving smaller amounts too frequently will eventually drown the lower roots and this will cause all sorts of problems. Also, plants in too small containers don't seem to drink much, because the roots are tangled and compacted. If I were you I'd be sliding one of those ladies out of her container to inspect the root zone. Especially the bottom half of it. If nothing else you can rule that issue out.

Those ppms sound a bit high, and wayyy high in coco. I have grown several coco crops that turned out stellar, all around the 500ppm mark. Coco needs to be watered to the point of substantial runoff. Some do multiple feeds/day but you need to get runoff regularly to keep the medium clean.
Anyways with the promix I am inexperienced so am hesitant to give much advice (but I'll give a little)... I imagine you need to get some good runoff from it regularly too if you're not doing so. Giving smaller amounts too frequently will eventually drown the lower roots and this will cause all sorts of problems. Also, plants in too small containers don't seem to drink much, because the roots are tangled and compacted. If I were you I'd be sliding one of those ladies out of her container to inspect the root zone. Especially the bottom half of it. If nothing else you can rule that issue out.
Yuup 1/2 nutse is what fox farm call for

Hi ...The cronnisoier....Have you ever tried growing in a DWC system, It might be a good fit for you instead of dealing with soil issues all the time. Its a little more forgiving if you make mistakes along the way, and I also find faster vegetative growth with this type of hydroponic system then with soil or coco mix growing.

Yo, OP!

Before I go any further, let me honestly congratulate you on getting good equipment to start, especially the lighting.

I agree with everyone else in regards to it being a ph problem.
I used 15l autpots for years with great success, i found them to work best with a good airey medium. Have you purchased the airdomes for the bottom of the pots?

Love autopots. Much much. They can be finicky, but if you follow their directions and set your nutes right, they're awesome. Easy peasy.

OP, start from scratch with the autopots. (You got the xl version, right?)

Start with this grocery list:

- Air domes for the autopots.

- Bale (or two) of Promix HP.

- Bag of perlite.

- Mega Crop (Greenleaf Nutrients – Hydroponic and Soil Nutrients)

- One bottle each of General Hydroponics pH Up and pH Down.

- Some type of pH test kit, pen or strips. OR, as you seem to be on the "do it right from the start page" you can go with a Blue Lab Guardian continuous monitoring kit. But if you get that, get a pen as well. You'll see why in a bit.

- 5-gallon paint strainers.

- Small fountain pump. Like an EcoPlus 132, etc.

- about 10ft of flex tubing for the pump. (1/2", IIRC, maybe 3/4". You'll have to check)

- NEW 20gal (give or take) plastic trash can. Note: NEW, not used. And ONLY use it for this purpose.

Get your seeds popped and started, then when you're ready to put the little ladies into your pots:

Take a paint strainer and put it in an auto pot like a trash bag. Over the airdome, be sure to get it in the corners. Pull slack to the top.

Mix 6 parts Promix HP to 1 part perlite. Some may balk at this, as Promix is pretty close to the right ratio of perlite already. It needs a tick more for autopots. (Some even use straight perlite, just sayin.) You hand water for the next week or two, so take a 1gal jug (like a milk jug) and add the MC nutrients (for 1 gal) to it. Shake, repeat as necessary. Pour from the jug into a small cup, and water around the outside of the plant, about 3" away. LIGHTLY. Dig some more on the forum here for watering in coco.

After a week or two (where you GENTLY hand water the containers, per the autopot instructions), when you're ready to turn the system on:

Take the new trash can and put about 14 gallons of water in there. Then add your MC nutrients. It's a single container, weigh it out, no multiple parts of this and that. Follow their instructions, no need to cut the dose in half.

Mix it up good (paddle, mash stick, yard stick, whatever you have handy) for a tick. Then put the little fountain pump in the water (no need for anything other than the barbed outlet at this point) and let it start mixing.

Let the nutes mix for a few hours. Come back and check the pH, then use pH up/down to put it where it needs to be. You want the pH to be ABOVE 5.5, but BELOW 6.3. About 5.8 is good, middle of the road. However, it's quite OK to have it 6.1 on one batch, or 5.6 on another as different nutrients uptake at different pH levels. (See the nutrient pH chart above.)

The following day, double check the pH. Turn the pump off, pull it up, and add the hose to it. (Instead of taking it on and off, you can leave it on and just coil it around the bottom of the can when needed.) Use the pump to transfer to the autopot reservoir. Fill er up, and get it set. Open the valves, tweak the autopot valves, and there ya go.

From there, follow the Mega Crop feeding chart. Weigh out the right amount of nutrients. Not for the 12gal res on the autopot, but for the 14-15 gallons you put in the trash can. This is the number of gallons you need. If you fill the can with only 12, you may need a little more to fill the autopot res. So a gallon or two over it's capacity isn't a bad thing.

Now follow the setup of the autopot valve, and get that going and turned on.

When you mix a new res of nutrients (never let it go completely empty! Make new when there is 10%-15% left in the bottom) be sure to follow the nutrient calculator for MC (on their site) to the letter, and then pH your mix after it's good and mixed in. Just like the first one.

That should be a good, simple start.

If you really, really don't want to jack with pH and all of that, you can opt for a different nutrient line. Specifically, the Advanced Nutrients Sensi Coco line (Part A & B). They have an A&B for both Grow and Bloom. For bloom, add a bottle of Big Bud Coco (from same company) as well, and you'll do pretty well.

With the Advanced Nutrients line, you don't have to worry about pH as it has buffers in their mix to stabilize the pH in the right spot for you.

Good luck!

I'm willing to bet its either nute burn or a fungal infection. Since you went from hydro to coco this could be it (I don't measure ppm of my nutes so cant help there) since you only changed the medium. Id try soil and if it still happens then its a fungal infection. The leaves to me look like a fungal infection.....id be careful of indoor house plants or trees near windows, etc

Back
Top Bottom