16vs24 veg before moving outside,pot size?

snipe420

Ok each year I grow my plants up a bit first before I put them outside. Last year I put the plants on a low light veg 16 hours in hopes that they would not start to flower when I moved them outside and would go right in to veg in the low light of may. This did not work that well still got lots of preflowers and the plants did not realy ever go into a ripping veg mode grew but with hairs and slow. So this year I said F it to the 16 hours and just put out my stuff that had been running a 20 hour veg. I put it out the same day and size same food etc as the year before. Got no hairs and they all took off into veg no prob. Was this just luck or anyone run longer veg before they put plants outside?

Also I put 2 plants out in 4 inch pots about 2 feet tall and the rest in 7 gal pots about 4 feet tall. The small potted plants got just a bit bigger and vegged much better and got way better bud way less popcorn. Looks like plants that veg in the hole do way better than ones that get transplanted to much or at all. Anyone know the max pot size that they seem to still rock the veg or the smaller the better so it gets to know its home from the get go?
my holes are 2 feet deep and 4 feet by 4 feet wide. The 7 gal pot hits the bottom of the hole as soon as I drop it in. Is this like not realy transplanting it as far as the plant can tell, do I need a bigger holes? Or can I cut off say 1/2 the roots and still have my big plant that will veg now or will this slow it down more than just starting the small one.

I might not have ask to well so here are my questions

1 the best light cycle before putting plants outside for the summer ?

2 what is the best pot size ?

3 best plant size for ripping veg and largest plant ?

outdoor.jpg

Well its been a few years of testing and now i know what works best for me. 24 hours a day and no hormones build up that make it want to go to bud. The shorter the light cycle the more its almost ready to flower. So 24 to root them up then go to a 1 gallon pot and a 1000 watt 24 hours until they start to veg and get a few more roots. 1-2 week ish seems to be good. The smaller plants don't try to bud on me so they can go out may 10th and this head start gives me a much larger plant. Hit them with some B vitamins and some shit to help grow roots and pop them out in a spot that gets 1/2 shade half sun like under a tree or bush. 4 or 5 days of this and they are ready to plant in full sun.

Back
Top Bottom