Outdoor Pots

cannilingus

I have put in the ground, for a few years. and, i have had a few 4 gallon pots outdoors. pots were in the same size as my indoor girls. They produced very little more, tho. so. qwestion is, im thinking of getting a smart pot, for outside, on one of my two plants. how big, to get a decent size plants? like 30 gallons? thats nearly 5 cu ft of potting soil. I will probably still put one in my 4' hole. last year, i got 23.5 oz off it. thanks.

The biggest yield is always produced when you play directly in quality soil, and use some type of raised bed.

I use trenches/beds/smart pots. For my smart pots i use 100' and 200's. Mostly all 200's now because you can fill a 100g pot outdoors fast and not get the full potential out of your plants. I would use a 100g minimum

Wow! 100 Gal pots I've seen them in use on some legal medical grows. I've done some 30 gal containers and grew a couple of monsters but I'm not convinced it was worth it for me here in the hills. I had to use the front end loader on the tractor to move them. 100 Gal container must weigh north of 600 lbs. I use what I call "Hillbilly Airpots". Bushel baskets and half bushel baskets have spaces for air flow through the slats and they work unbelievably well. I used them on my first indoor grow in 1977 or so. I love the handles and ease of movement in an outdoor grow.The baskets are a nice tan/ beige and fade in the sun to fit into the surroundings. The top rim of the basket has a space all the way around which makes it easy to stick in branches of trees and weeds to aid in camouflage. A bushel basket is 8 gals. and a half is 4 gals. I get mine when I get my produce boxes. I pay 2.75 cents each and I buy them in stacks of twelve. Actually the cheaper ones work best as far as air flow. So no need to go top of the line. I use half bushels for my smaller framed autos and the bushel for my larger framed autos and all standard auto flower plants. I get 3-4 grows with each basket and simply wash them with bleach and water and let them dry in the sun before planting. They also grow the best home grown baby potatoes you have ever eaten and are a blast for your kids! Best of luck in all that you grow!

Back
Top Bottom