Please help with pot size question

Paulpoirier

So I have this gg4 I plant for the summer in a 30 Gal pot. Ive planned to let it grow in this pot outside for the summer but its about 4 feet high already. Im afraid it outgrows its container. should I plant it in the ground or it could stay right in there?

Attachments

• 20200417_101647.jpg
    20200417_101647.jpg
    596.8 KB · Views: 122
Should be way more than "fine" in a container of that size, assuming you feed the plant when it needs it, water the plant when it needs it, etc.

Or you could do what my buddy did several years ago, spend the weekend excavating a 3'x3'x3' hole in a fairly good-draining location, replace most if it after mixing in two four-cubic foot bags of perlite - along with a full five-gallon bucket of sludge from the sh!t factory (municipal wastewater treatment plant) and part of another bucket - and, in his words, grow a tree. He told me on the phone that it was a good thing he still had his Stihl chainsaw ;) .

Since it has already been growing in that 30 gallon for some time, I would be that it will be extremely root bound by the end of the season if you choose to keep it in that pot. I would plant it in the ground or double the size of the container if you plan to go outside and veg for another few months.

-Vape

Back
Top Bottom