1st Attic Hydro Grow (pics)

1qwkdsm

Hi everyone. Long time smoker, first time grower here. Well this is it. I am tired of searching and buying pot. So I am going to invest in my own grow room. I live in a 4 bedroom single family home where the summers get hot and the winters get cold. Basically I want to share with all of you what I am doing so I can hopefully avoid any mistakes and ruin a potentially good harvest. So far I have read that attic grows are the toughest due to lack of air movement, temp differences etc. But I really have no choice in the matter. So anyways here are some pics of what I have completed so far in the construction phase.

picresized_th_1224722880_DSC00044.jpg

picresized_th_1224722942_DSC00045.jpg

Entrance of the grow room through an unused closet in my office on the 2nd floor. Stealthy...

picresized_th_1224720794_DSC000081.jpg

This is basically where the grow room is going in. I had to make some structural modifications to the house.

picresized_th_1224721096_DSC00009.jpg

More insulation...

picresized_1224725258_picresized_th_1224722006_DSC00013.jpg

Put in the flooring.

picresized_th_1224722236_DSC00015.jpg

This is some heavy matting I put in for extra insulation and to also deaden the sound.

picresized_th_1224722384_DSC00030.jpg

Straightened out the walls getting it ready for more insulation!

picresized_th_1224722456_DSC00031.jpg

Extra bracing so my ceiling doesn't collapse!

picresized_th_1224722528_DSC00036.jpg

picresized_th_1224722600_DSC00037.jpg

picresized_th_1224722811_DSC00041.jpg

Ahh now it's starting to look like a room. What do you think?

This is as far as I've gotten, this weekend I plan on finishing the electrical and hanging the drywall plus taping. I will keep you all up to date. Please let me know any thought's, concerns or advice you may have for me. Thanks.

Are you having troubles with posting pictures?

Yea I followed this guide but for some reason my photos do not show up at all. Is it possible they are too large? They seemed to have uploaded fine?!
DSC000453.JPG

OK thank you for helping me out. I am working on it now. It's gonna be awhile but should make for a pretty good read.

Sorry guys had a bit of a SNAFU with the pics but thanks to StonerGrower's help, I think I got it all squared away. I'll try to make them bigger and more clear next time. Anyways feel free to post your thoughts and advice. Remember, I am still in the construction phase of the grow. So I can still make certain modifications like materials being used or room design etc.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I believe your going to have to build a room inside of the attic.
Yea basically that's exactly what I'm doing. When the I'm done it will be like any other room in my house. 3/4" sheetrock with insulation behind it.

I'm impressed with the big project you are undertaking... The next part where you grow should be a breeze compared to this work!
Will be great to follow your project!

Job well done. Reminds me of my build started in February. I'm on my third batch.

More detail:
Are you dividing the space into separate Veg and flower rooms?
How big?
What are your plans for venting? Controllers?
How many 20 amp circuits?

I did a lot of research on room design, venting and controls for my basement grow. Let me know if you have any questions. I almost enjoyed the construction aspect more then the reward, yeah right!

DSC000453.JPG

that is the link you posted inside the image tags.

that is the address of the webpage that displays the picture, not the location of the picture itself.
the location should end in .jpg

that aside- nice construction man! looking forward to this

Did you physically modify your roof trusses?

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Your support is appreciated! The room size right now is 14'x8'x5'. I have one 20 amp circuit in there right now which is running to the garage below which I have tapped into and I plan on running one more conduit down to the basement for another 20 amp. I plan on dividing the room almost in half for a veg and flowering rooms. As for the air flow that's something I am still trying to figure out. I am thinking of using the ridge vent that runs along the roof line. The thing I am most concerned about right now is temperature.

one word infa red protection so u dont get caurght like my m8 did cover ur own asss my fellow grower msg me if u want any other advice mate spliffy

Back
Top Bottom