1st Grow, Bagseed, CFL's..

those plants dont look 2 good 2 be honest m8, think its ur soil
it was a combo of the soil and lights, check out my current grow, I've improved on those areas. Still, for it being MG soil and a couple of shop lights, I think they turned out pretty well, and still has some of the best smoke I've had.

nice 1, how much bud u get?
not too much, I ended up smoking a lot of it before harvest, but ended up with about an ounce after I harvested and dried it. I would have had a bit over 2oz if I didn't clip so much before I chopped them down.

The current grow will be done right the whole way through and I'm hoping for a much bigger harvest.

Dude I have just spent like the last three hours reading your journal. AWESOME!!!

I am hoping to start my first grow along the same lines as yours.(Bagseed, CFLs, 5-6 plants.)

I hope mine goes as well as yours. I will definitely be doing LST now. Your results with it made me a believer! :grinjoint:

I just wanted to give you props man, awesome job.

Would you mind taking a look at my grow plan? I'm kinda going the same route and wondered if you had any more advice on it.

Lights: 6 CFL w/ 8.5in reflectors
I have two sets of CFLs, one Daytime 6500k @ 2800 lumens, and one set 2600 2700k.
1 Small fan (might upgrade once I see the grow room temp)
Location: Dry cool basement with two tarps hung up for walls.
3 gallon buckets (Gonna start out in cups like you)
I'm going to do 18/6 hrs for veg and 12/12 for flower
I've also got the Fox Farms Ocean forest soil and Fox farms nutes, (Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom, and Grow Big)

I hope my results turn out great like yours!

:yummy::bong::thanks:

Dude I have just spent like the last three hours reading your journal. AWESOME!!!

I am hoping to start my first grow along the same lines as yours.(Bagseed, CFLs, 5-6 plants.)

I hope mine goes as well as yours. I will definitely be doing LST now. Your results with it made me a believer! :grinjoint:

I just wanted to give you props man, awesome job.

Would you mind taking a look at my grow plan? I'm kinda going the same route and wondered if you had any more advice on it.

Lights: 6 CFL w/ 8.5in reflectors
I have two sets of CFLs, one Daytime 6500k @ 2800 lumens, and one set 2600 2700k.
1 Small fan (might upgrade once I see the grow room temp)
Location: Dry cool basement with two tarps hung up for walls.
3 gallon buckets (Gonna start out in cups like you)
I'm going to do 18/6 hrs for veg and 12/12 for flower
I've also got the Fox Farms Ocean forest soil and Fox farms nutes, (Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom, and Grow Big)

I hope my results turn out great like yours!

:yummy::bong::thanks:

Thanks for stoppin by, I'm glad my journal gave you some inspiration to get started on your own grow. Just be careful, once you start growing, it becomes highly addictive lol!

Based on your list, you will be doing something horribly wrong if your results were like mine. You should be able to grow some really nice plants with that setup. One thing I'm not sure of, you mention having 6 CFL's, then only gave lumen/color temp values for 3 of them. Are the other 3 similar? From what I've gathered, the bare minimum you can really get away with is around 2500-2700 lumens per plant. If you have 6 CFLs, all around that mark, you will have no problem growing nice plants. Definitely start with 6 plants. I started 6 and ended with 2 females.. This time around, I started 6 plants and only had one male, so your results will vary every time. I just started 4 kush seeds and ended up with 4 females from it, so you will never know what you will get.

Good move on the 3 gallon buckets. I used 5 gallon on this grow and it was a huge waste of soil. I currently have a 4' monster in a 3 gal pot, so you don't have to worry about the plant outgrowing the pot.

Your lighting schedules are good. Any reason you want to go 18/6 instead of 24/0? I know it's usually personal preference, but in my case, I would run the light 24/0 since you're using CFL's. It will give the plant a boost of light to grow bigger. If you were growing with HID's it wouldn't really matter because they would have a TON of light during the on period.

Great nute selection. In this grow, I didn't use any nutes, and it's why my plants were pretty small. Check out my current grow and see what the difference can be from not using nutes and using them, along with better soil and lighting of course.

What kind of water do you plan on using? If it's tap water, I would advise investing in a ph meter. you can get the PH600 for around $20 so it's not too bad a deal. Otherwise, I would stick with distilled water in the gallon containers. I used distilled the entire current grow and never had a pH issue.

Check out my current journal, and let me know when you start one so I can swing by and see how everything is going.

Good luck on your crop!

Yeahh sorry if I was tired n short last night. The Crimson King gives better rounded opinion of course.

I really think it is a shame to invest in the gear and to do bagseed, far better in my opinion to get 3 quality feminised seeds from great stock than to play roulette each time.

Yes you can get lucky but I have also seen people get no plants from 10 bagseeds and wasted a great deal of love and effort never mind costs. 6 bag seeds 'on average' will produce 1 or 2 half decent plants. a dud, a crappy vegger, a couple of males, the value soon becomes apparent when you are 99% certain with good seeds from the start. It adds to confidence also which is invaluable.

A am a big advocator of smaller pots for most people, 3 gallon is definitely the most needed for the average indoor grow space. Also I would use specifically seedling soil for the early stages and plant them straight into it without all that paper towel bruising thing many people do. If you want to soak them in beer or something and leave them in the fridge for a night first fine but I have seen lots of people damage the tap root when germinating and just do not see the sense in it.

whichever way you go, be assured of lots of help and advise etc in here, people are great! We look forward to your journal

:thumb:

yeah bagseed can go either way, you never really know what you will get. It's great to learn on though and get familiar with growing. It also makes growing actual strains much easier because you dealt with a bitchy plant lol.

my current run is bagseed, and it turned out awesome. The new 4 kush plants I have though are taking the icing on the cake. I can't wait until they're done and I can really grow them out and start cloning them.

Back
Top Bottom