1st Grow In 40 Years

Well, I can't say for sure, as I've never used a flushing agent for that reason! Lol, Believe it or not, If I feel a flush is in order, I'll take the girls and stick them under the kitchen sink until I've run about 2 gallons of water, for every gallon of soil through the pots. I have been told that straight water doesn't completely remove all the salt build up, but it has worked well for me on several occaisions, nonetheless. In your situation, I DO feel that more water would have helped, as there were obviously nutes available to burn the plant with, so I yes I think they could have been flushed out once they were broken up by the SledgeHammer. But if FF said to only use twice the normal watering....I'm kinda at a loss with that one....Still think I'd have done a few extra gallons.... Live and learn huh?!

A google of Fox Farm Sledgehammer shows others with similar results to mine. Like you said... Live and learn! I think they have great products, I just don't think I will use the Sledghammer on my plants any more.

Glad you see humor in my post. It's not so obvious. Ah Mexican brick weed. It has been ages since I last time had it. Too much headache and vowed to seek better weed. I'm about to harvest bunch of plants (1/2 of the tent) with tons of seeds should be fun. Trying to make some hash with it for the first time once I break down the buds and harvest the seeds. One handed roll is quite a skill. I can't even roll. Sticking to water pipe and vape.

the new pics are great! i need to go read that tut, some strains trichs never really turn amber, my sativa dom strain only has 2% amber after 12 weeks flower! but is 90% milky so with that 1 thats what i shoot for, also you may know this but the maturity of the "mushrooms"/triks lol affects the effect it has on you,clear gives a more up / sativa like feel,and dark amber will lend some narcy couchlock,i like to fine tune my harvest time by this, i have a indo dom strain that starts going amber after 4 weeks and after 8 weeks it will give you a 10 min panic/paranoia (make you wanna staple gun blankets over the windows) attack followed by mega ass epoxyed to the chair "none shall pass!!" couchlock !! better not be planning on doing anything but eating popcorn and enjoying a long movie or 3!! lol but if i harvest at 50% amber it will allow me to move around a little and only a mild 5 min panic attack!! so just something to think about, dammit man your girls look good im happy for your good luck with your first grow after the long hiatus! i too grew along time ago (80s) and just in the past year or 2 got back into it,i wish my first new grow had gone as well as yours is/has, i got less than a half z from 1 plant, but all i used was 2 23 watt cfls miracle grow soil and nutes i burned it,froze it,and it wilted 5 times because i underwatered! lol it was b4 i found this great community here at :420:
we live n learn! your doing awesome!!:goodjob::cheer::thumb:

the new pics are great! i need to go read that tut, some strains trichs never really turn amber, my sativa dom strain only has 2% amber after 12 weeks flower! but is 90% milky so with that 1 thats what i shoot for, also you may know this but the maturity of the "mushrooms"/triks lol affects the effect it has on you,clear gives a more up / sativa like feel,and dark amber will lend some narcy couchlock,i like to fine tune my harvest time by this, i have a indo dom strain that starts going amber after 4 weeks and after 8 weeks it will give you a 10 min panic/paranoia (make you wanna staple gun blankets over the windows) attack followed by mega ass epoxyed to the chair "none shall pass!!" couchlock !! better not be planning on doing anything but eating popcorn and enjoying a long movie or 3!! lol but if i harvest at 50% amber it will allow me to move around a little and only a mild 5 min panic attack!! so just something to think about, dammit man your girls look good im happy for your good luck with your first grow after the long hiatus! i too grew along time ago (80s) and just in the past year or 2 got back into it,i wish my first new grow had gone as well as yours is/has, i got less than a half z from 1 plant, but all i used was 2 23 watt cfls miracle grow soil and nutes i burned it,froze it,and it wilted 5 times because i underwatered! lol it was b4 i found this great community here at :420:

Reading that reminds me of this bud I had a little bit ago. I took a fat bong rip and I don't know what the hell happened but I had the craziest freak out followed by intense pressure that made me feel like I was sinking into my bed. I was beyond locked haha! after about a half hour, it mellowed and then I could enjoy the rest .

Sorry for the lack of updates. I have been swamped with both grows, work, and building a new flower room.

Mr. Smith... THe next plant gets harvested today or tomorrow. It will hang in a dark closet for 3 days and then get cut up and jarred for cure.

Great info on Trichomes and finishing. Reps to ya... I think I may have one plant that will never turn brown.

That paranoia stuff is funny as hell... has me laughing every time I think of it.

Thanks for the compliments!

update... Well I jarred up all of the hermy. Its chock full of seeds and weighed in at .7 oz dried to 60% I'd just as soon forget about it. It does not smoke as well as the other 3 plants for sure.

Harvest_and_day_001.JPG

5 days ago Trichomes told me plant #3 was ready for harvest. I trimmed it up a little then hung it in the closet for few days. Heres some pictures of the day of harvest.

Light one up and celebrate this one with me. My first decent grow in almost 40 fricken years!

just before the tin snips took her down...
grow_room_transition_001.JPG

grow_room_transition_002.JPG

grow_room_transition_004.JPG

grow_room_transition_006.JPG

grow_room_transition_008.JPG

Here she is hanging... Notice the rib cage from the LST I did on it. Today I manicured and jarred her up at 65% RH and she weighed 1.1 oz. ...and its great smoke too.

grow_room_transition_011.JPG

Still have the Plant #6, the big lanky Sativa and plant #7 in cabinet. The Sativa has a few days left, and the other about a week.

Very Nice! I have a harvest tomorrow. and I am just excited. I need to pick up some tools and some odor control tomorrow but I am just going crazy for the simple fact that I will have some smoke that I grew myself. My friend tried some of my little sample bud I cut way early and he just smiled. Even though it was picked early it gives a very nice happy stone and the flavor is unlike anything I have had. It is so smooth but once you get a nice inhale you get this expansion that rushes to your head.

Sorry for going off on the description on your journal I am just so excited. I guess everyone's first harvest is like this.

one of thee best electric blues records ever made...eric is something else..love the harvest pics,but your bookshelf looks pretty interesting too..love to see your gear,any pics anywhere? i play mando,i have a epi mando bird to plug in and get loud now/then.....sorry for straying off topic...did i say..LOVE THAT HARVEST!

I've seen Eric 4 times in the last 2 years. ... the last being in row 2 in Vegas March 3. Neither of us are getting any younger so I figure I will go see him every chance I get.

I have a signed and played by Eric Beano Les Paul... one of 55 ever made. My studio is a rock and roll museum from the 60s and 70s. All those picks you saw were given to me personally by the artists... BB King, Joe Walsh, Billy Gibbons, Eric, and a few others. I could go on and on. I have stuff the Hall of Fame doesn't have and wish they did.

i see a marshall and a studio monitor there,,sweet what do you play?,i had to sell my 1/2 stack a few months ago, but i built a home studio last year to record my guitar and vocals,and of course i had to buy a drum/bass machine, :high-five: i have a 12 channel board ,neumann "clone" vocal mic, a v-amp guitar/bass/vocal/keyboard signal processor, oh and of course 3 new guitars and a laptop & software dedicated to music,most of my studio equipment is behringer except the drum/bass machine (zoom) and monitors those are m-audio bx5a's, oh and the harvest is looking good hang on to those hermi seeds odds are they will be female plants, and you never know ya might need em one day, im growing 2 hermi seeds right now, im excited for my harvest but thats a ways off 6 weeks prolly (sigh) you done guud bra! :thumb::welldone::bravo:

thats sweet...would love to have a tour.....as for me? i'm seeing 50,but feel way much older...health issues bring me to our favorite topic on this site...back on topic,i'm working on my closet today,moving the baby's in hopefully later,fighting weather..i'm holding off on any type of journal,till i workout all the quirk's..mine will be a first winter grow,usually grow in spring-summer...not expecting much..but fingers crossed..
thanks for all info you provided here..picked up much,cheers

Minor update... Not much as been happening. My final 2 plants just don't seem to want to finish. Today is day 78 of flower. I finally saw some cloudy in the Trichomes today so I wacked em both.

These two plants have the best smoke of the 4 (different bagseed) and the buds are much heavier than the previous plants.

I have trimmed them and hung them in a closet on a hanger. They will stay there for 48 to 72 hours before I cut them up and jar them.

I should have a smoke report, pcitures, and weigh-in in about 5 days to finish up this journal.

Back
Top Bottom