New Cabinet 1st Grow 12/12

You should see green in 3 days from nutes. If not, you have a lockout and need to get the ph in line. I think :)
I am starting to see more green than I had a few days ago. The nutes and the foliar feedings are starting to do the trick. Boss, thanks for your advice.

I tested the soil ph tonight. Took some soil from the middle of the container about 4" down. The ph was right at 7.0. I guess that the water has been the problem all along. That has now been corrected and I hope that this grow will start going in a positive direction.

Here are a few pics. They are 14 days old and taken tonight. If you compare them with the last pics taken at 10 days old, you can see that they are starting to get back to green.

Well Baremeat??? How they doin??? Send us some pics. Are they at least getting any green to'em? I hope they perk up soon.......:smokin:
They are starting to come around. Babies are showing more green. Been giving nutes and foliar feeding. Adjusting the ph of the water so that is no longer a problem. So far, it seems like they are growing well even with the problems that I have been having. Two of the babies are still real yellow and I don't think they are going to make it. Time will tell. Here are a few pics taken tonight. They are 16 days old since breaking ground.

Here is a pic of the same babies about 2 days ago.

They are starting to come around. Babies are showing more green. Been giving nutes and foliar feeding. Adjusting the ph of the water so that is no longer a problem. So far, it seems like they are growing well even with the problems that I have been having.

Bare,
Great job brother :clap: I knew you could do it :smokin:

Two of the babies are still real yellow and I don't think they are going to make it. Time will tell.

How are they doing brother???? Hope your babies are ok :straightface:

LOL ya, problem is this is not just N def. At least I don't think it is. Somthing is foul, I just don't know what it is yet. I have never seen plants yellow so bad and not just die off. It's strange. If it is just N, miricle grow will work great. I think there is still some kind of lockout though. Maybe it will get better in the next few days! May consider transplanting the bad ones after they get a bit greener, it could be a bad spot in the soil.. who knows..

Hey Boss, FatJoe and OldSkool, thanks for all your support and input. The babies are looking better today. The older ones are getting greener. They are 18 days old now. Their growth has not slowed down that I can tell. Real fighters. The younger ones, 12 days old, are holding their own and coming around too.:clap: The pics are the ones that are 18 days old.

Originally Posted by FatJoe
Thats why I preach starting out in small containers first off. Its much easier to deal with problems in a smaller medium and you can pick up a small plant and you can even move it to another environment if its nessesary
Your right FatJoe. That is how I did my grows years ago and would be doing again but after reading Atmosphere's grow, I thought that it sounded interesting and wanted to try it. So far it has been a learning process and well worth the effort. I found it to be interesting, a new idea, looking outside the box.

Originally Posted by Boss
I would use a very high N suppliment. At this stage, even diluted urine if you absolutely cant get anything else ;-)

Boss, I concidered that.:cheesygrinsmiley: My old lady thought that I was nuts, so I went ahead and increased the nutes to full strength thinking I am going to kill them or they will start taking a turn for the better. So far it hasn't killed them. I have cut out the foliar feedings thinking like FatJoe, that they should have enought in the ground to do the trick.

Originally Posted by Boss
it could be a bad spot in the soil.. who knows..

I have been thinking the same thing. I mixed the soil real well with the perlite when I started this grow. Have never had a problems like I am with this grow but then I have never grown using this method. Weird shit. So far the only thing that I have found really out of wack has been the ph of the water. Now that we have that under control, I hope to get everything back on track.

Hiya Bare,
Looking much better,:clap: now lets see some trees :cheesygrinsmiley:

Fantastic news bro. I'd back off just a few mls (1tsp = 5ml) the the full strenghth feedings. They've been stressed pretty good here lately. Baby'em for a week and then slam'em unless they really come out of it fast. Great job man. Its tough to pull'em out sometimes but soil is usually pretty forgiving with a little patients. In hydro stuff happens real fast.

I think you will have to continue with full strength nutes. Just look at them well and you will know if they need it or not.

Thanks for the advice guys. It has been many years since I last did this. I wanted to have a great grow and so I built this cabinet with all the reading that I have done form this site and many more. Building the cabinet was easy compared to the problems I have had with this grow. If I had to do it all over again, I would most likely go with what I know and gone with pots for each plant and transplanted with the time came to larger pots. Better control of the soil and the plant doing it this way.

It has been a learning experience, with knowlege that I would not have gotten any other way. Getting the hands dirty is the only way to learn. I have backed off the nutes at this time. FatJoe is right, I have poured the nutes on them and they are starting to responde. Don't want to burn them up. At least not yet.

I have already pulled three plants due to the fact they were not doing anything but dying. Figure to get them out before the start to rot and create more problems.

Time to check the cabinet and see were we stand. Thanks again, everyone for you advice and keeping the spirit alive.

I had no clue MG was involved, maybe I should go back and read again :)
I am not using MG soil. The soil I am using is Sta-green all purpose potting soil. I am using Miracle Grow Perlite. It was the only perlite that I could find at the time. I don't think there are any nutes in the perlite. I could be wrong. Most of the soils that I found at Wally World or Lowes had nutes already added to it. That is the reason I was so suprised that I had to start giving nutes so early. Thought that I was good to go for at least the first 2 weeks of the grow.:thedoubletake:

Babies are doing well. Getting greener with some yellow showing to the older plants. Have been expecting to start seeing males or females by now. The pics below are 20 days into the grow. From Atmosphere's grow, I should be seeing what sex they are by now. They have been on a 12/12 cycle since birth. I wonder if the ph problem may have delayed this. Any how here are the babies.

Here are a few looking for balls or not.:thedoubletake:

So far, this is the best grow that I have ever done. Years ago, I had a grow in a closet. I loved them babies. But, I only had a few shop lights and some growlights in them for the grow. Had to shut it down before I could ever bud them due to having a new baby boy in the family. Even with all the problems that I have been having, I have learned a great deal and have been having fun doing it. If this grow doesn't work out, at least I got some experience from it for the next one. Thanks for everyone's advice and support.

Hey bare,
Yep I would say they were affected by the lack of nutes, they may be a little behind but they are real close to showing sex, give it another week and they should tell you what they are.

BTW great job, they are looking good now :clap:

o_O ... hmm.. i think that's a la...nooo... yup... i can see into the future.. all ladies... they have my blessing...lol... beautiful grow btw...
:bongrip: *.*

Plants are looking better. Still looking for some hairs. I hope to have a few after all this work trying to save them.

patience grasshopper ;)

All good things come to those who wait, babies are looking good brother :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom