Soil, Cabinet, CFL, Supercrop, FIM 1st Grow

We have to give a star to this seed company, they answered my question promptly. They say it's Northern Lights #11.

I'm curious if we ordered from the same seed company? That would be interesting if we both ordered seeds around the same time and they claimed we had different strains.

I'm not sure if we can mention seed companies and I'm too lazy to see if they advertise here. I'll tell you the name they use for correspondence is different from the web site. I guess they do that so the their billing name is incognito. The use the name "Plantet Wax" for billing and e-mail. However, a search of planet wax and marijuana on google will not take you to any website. Their name pops up in grow forums like this.

So, does Northern Lights #11 mean anything to you? I can't find much on it. But I did read your #5 is considered the best.

I just harvested the Afghan, I have to say that was not pleasant in comparision to the NL plant. Also the little "pop corn" buds on the NL are so soft, sticky, fragrent and awesome. But the same buds on the Afghan are really leafy without 50% having little to know odor. I quick dried some of the not very odoriferous buds and they were pretty weak in comparison to the NL popcorn.

Something tells me the concentration of THC increased with each strain of NL :cool: That's why we call it da "Sledge Hammer"!! :)

Just checked back on my emails and I found the one from my seed co. It gives the actual name of the company which starts with the actual word for MJ then '-seeds.nl' As far as #11 goes, I tried to search for a discription, but all I came up with was from the link I gave you before where it just states that originally they had the 11 seeds from #1 thru #11. All that matters though is that it works! You could always buy from them again if you like the strain or (too late now) clone it. All three of my NL#5's had different phenos. Fatleaf had a skunk smell when you rubbed the stem, Big Girl had a citrus/grapefruit/mango smell and the Runt had a slightly tangerine/cat pee smell. All three behaved and looked differently also during growth. Too bad about the afghan perhaps it will get better with the cure.

Just checked back on my emails and I found the one from my seed co. It gives the actual name of the company which starts with the actual word for MJ then '-seeds.nl' As far as #11 goes, I tried to search for a discription, but all I came up with was from the link I gave you before where it just states that originally they had the 11 seeds from #1 thru #11. All that matters though is that it works! You could always buy from them again if you like the strain or (too late now) clone it. All three of my NL#5's had different phenos. Fatleaf had a skunk smell when you rubbed the stem, Big Girl had a citrus/grapefruit/mango smell and the Runt had a slightly tangerine/cat pee smell. All three behaved and looked differently also during growth. Too bad about the afghan perhaps it will get better with the cure.

Yes my friend, we bought from the same company. Ya know, I only grew a single one of my NL seeds. I won't be surprised if I get different phenos. Thanks for the tip :cool:

I didn't clone this NL plant, but I think it might be worthy of it. Last night I asked my girlfriend if she could describe the smell of these buds. The aroma is truly lovely. But I think we nailed a description. It's a combo of pine and rosemary. We broke out a bottle of rosemary from the spice cab and indeed this was exactly the hard to describe component.

Strangely, my Afghan - which is certainly a lower quality plant - also smells light, sweet and without a trace of skunk or sharpness. Though the aroma volume is way down compared with the NL plant.

Yes my friend, we bought from the same company. Ya know, I only grew a single one of my NL seeds. I won't be surprised if I get different phenos. Thanks for the tip :cool:

I didn't clone this NL plant, but I think it might be worthy of it. Last night I asked my girlfriend if she could describe the smell of these buds. The aroma is truly lovely. But I think we nailed a description. It's a combo of pine and rosemary. We broke out a bottle of rosemary from the spice cab and indeed this was exactly the hard to describe component.

Strangely, my Afghan - which is certainly a lower quality plant - also smells light, sweet and without a trace of skunk or sharpness. Though the aroma volume is way down compared with the NL plant.

Rosemary and pine? Sounds interesting. They told you it was a #11? I bought mine in I think late summer of last year. Who knows! of the 10 NL seeds, I've had three females (last grow), a fourth plant growing now (not sexed yet), two males from last grow and 4 seeds that didn't pop! Not the greatest outcome, Only two of the three females from last grow were good smoke, the other (fatleaf) is a weak high.

Rosemary and pine? Sounds interesting. They told you it was a #11? I bought mine in I think late summer of last year. Who knows! of the 10 NL seeds, I've had three females (last grow), a fourth plant growing now (not sexed yet), two males from last grow and 4 seeds that didn't pop! Not the greatest outcome, Only two of the three females from last grow were good smoke, the other (fatleaf) is a weak high.

That's sad to hear that if I grow NL again, I might get something very different. My plant is really cool in that it's so potent and just lovely smelling.

I've really been smoking way more than I thought I would. Not sure how long this harvest will last me. I'm becoming tolerant which is good and bad. The good thing is that I don't get a dopey sort of hang over any longer and I'm not high for 10 hours. The down side is that I need to smoke a lot more to get wasted and so I'm using it up much faster.

If I wanted to continue smoking at this pace I should start another grow pronto. But I'm not sure I really want to do that. I'm really conflicted about it. What I should do is stop smoking during the week and only use it on the weekends, but I can't control myself!

Still, I'd really love to see how the Bubblegum and BigBud seeds come out. I suppose I'll figure it out, but since I'm such a lazy bastard I probably won't grow again until I'm out of weed and then jones for it during the 4-6 months it takes to grow the shit :cool:

Hmmm... it's funny you say that. The NL plant has been curing for about a month now. I was thinking I'm becoming resistant to it's effects because I indulge so much. But in the last week or so I've been getting knocked on my ass!

I've also been using the larger buds that were surrounding the main colas. So, I'm not too sure if it's the bigger stickier buds or as you suggest, the curing process.

Regardless, this shit can incapacitate me if I smoke too much - I get truly whacked out of my skull. If I take 3 or more good sized hits, I'm barely safe walking around. That might be a slight exaggeration, but anyway, I had always heard curing makes the smoke smoother, but only has a slight effect on potency. Errr... I think those milky trichs mature to amber, but the amber guys degrade, so the net effect is only a slight increase in potency.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Back
Top Bottom