New Cabinet 1st Grow 12/12

awww look at thouse little babies, areant they so cute haha, hopeing to see them grow into sexy ladies hey lol :grinjoint:

Hope eveyone is doing well and life is good.

Got a few pics of my babies. Nothing much to look at right now but what the hell, they put a smile on my face.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Looking good brother :clap:

A cold front has brought the temps down during the day time so I have placed a small heater in the cabinet with a thermostat. Trying to keep the temp at least 60 during the day. With the lights on at night, the temp has been around 70-80.

I believe (other's will correct me if I am mistaken) but if you get the heater temp to about 65° F you should be good, 60° F is just a little cold for them. A range of 10 to 15° difference between night and day is ideal.

+rep

Looking good brother :clap:

I believe (other's will correct me if I am mistaken) but if you get the heater temp to about 65° F you should be good, 60° F is just a little cold for them. A range of 10 to 15° difference between night and day is ideal.

+rep

Thanks for the rep Old_Skool. With the heater in the cabinet I am keeping the temp during the day with the lights off around 65. With the lights on the temp is around 75-80. So far the cabinet is working just as I had hoped. Placed a few more germinated seed in the container to bring me to a total of 12 in the ground with 7 up and growing.:smokin:

Just checking in.
Thanks for stopping by Moose.:cheesygrinsmiley:

A cold front has brought the temps down during the day time so I have placed a small heater in the cabinet with a thermostat. Trying to keep the temp at least 60 during the day. With the lights on at night, the temp has been around 70-80.

The room I flower in has a pretty wide temp swing. Lights on gives me around 78 degrees now. When the lights are off, I use a space heater to keep it around 64. The girls LOVE that swing. I like the winter way more than the summer, when 90 degree temps often force me to scrap my summer grow.

But ya, with seedlings it is nice to have some warmth.

I want to thank everyone for helping me with this grow. It has been many years since I tried this and will need all the help I can get. :cheesygrinsmiley:

The babies are doing well. But I am having my first problem. Last Friday, all of my babies were turning yellow. The old ones as well as the newer ones that are a week behind.

I thought that maybe I have been watering them to much. So I decided not to water them and look on them after I get back from some business on Sunday night.

Still have the same problem.

The soil was dry but there had been no change in the babies color. They are all jandice.:thedoubletake: After thinking it all through:hmmmm:, I added some nutes to the babies, thinking that I have a major N problem. The oldest babies are only 10 days old. Didn't think that I would have to start using any nutes until they were at least 14-21 days old. Makes me kind of wonder about the soil. If I am right, I will not use that type again. I am using Sta-green all purpose potting soil and Miracle Grow Perlite.:hmmmm:

Will be checking on them tonight when the lights come on. It doesn't seem to be effecting their growth at this time, but not sure since all the seeds were bag seed. Anyone have any ideas I am all ears.:cheesygrinsmiley:

I would give them a 1/2 strength sea tea spray, and a high N dose of full str nutes. Fast.

Well, I think the problem is N. I saw a small change in the babies after I used nutes at 1/4 strength. Didn't want to use to much incase that was not the problem. After I saw the change I went ahead and used full strenght and sprayed the babies down too. I tried looking at all the local area places to make some sea tea. Couldn't find anything. Will have to remeber that item for the next grow so I will have it. Thanks everyone for your advise. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Wallyworld has alaskan kelp..
Thanks Boss, I found some alaskan fish, but no kelp. Will check on another Wallyworld to see if they may have it.

Was reading over Moose's Cannabis plant and pest problem solver - Pictorial
article. Lot's of great information. There was one part of this article that looks similar to the problem that I am having.

Miscellaneous Sick Plant Troubles

This picture is what light bleaching/ light burn looks like.
Only way to fix this is to Move the lights away from the plant!
Or make sure you dont go over 75 watts a sq foot, or your plant will have to much light and light bleaching can occur anywhere on the plant. (indica species seem to bleach easier than sativas imo.)

I couldn't load the pic that it shows, but it looked alot like the problem that I have. I never knew that you could bleach out the leaves by having your lights to close. I have mine about 12-13 inches above the babies. The HPS 400 watt light with the cool tube lets me get that close.

If I don't see any further changes in the next few days, I guess I will raise the lights a bit and see if that helps.

If you speak to the management at Wall-place, they can order relatively anything any wal-place stocks. Very similar to pretty much any chain supermarket.

The seedlings def look chlorotic, and could be from a ph imbalance locking out iron. If you do as Boss suggested, you should notice an improvement. Do you know what the ph is?
I will know what the ph is tonight. Went and bought a cheap kit. So far, I have seen a little change in the babies since I followed Boss's advice and fed them nutes. Still can't find the kelp. Went to the other Walmart and they were out. I'll keep looking. Been foliar feeding with 1/4 strength nutes.

I feel so dumb. All the time I have been thinking it was the soil or something else giving me this problem. It hit me like a ton of bricks this afternoon. I live out in the country and have a well as my water source. Years ago I had the water checked and found the ph was a bit acid. So I checked it today and it is alittle more acid. So much so that it would not change the color on the dip stick that I was using. Man, I have been killing my babies and didn't even know it. Well at least the problems has been identified and we are taking corrective action. I feel like such a dumb ass for not thinking about it sooner.:thedoubletake:

Back
Top Bottom