First Time Indoor Grow! Jack Herer Auto

IamIndica

Hey everyone! First time indoor grower here attempting to grow a couple Jack Herer autos from Crop King Seeds... As well as a CKS White Widow mom in the next couple weeks to get some clones ready for summer.

Ok so first off I've only ever grown a small crop of 12 plants in a greenhouse, This will be my first time growing autos as well.

Put my 2 Jack seeds in a cup of water on Feb 1st and left them for 2 days with no sign of cracking. Moved them to a small plate with moist paper towel where they remained for approx. 8 more days(long enough for me to start losing hope lol) before the first signs of the seeds cracking waited until there was about 1/4 inch tail sticking out of the seed and put both seeds in a spare closet in a large Tupperware container containing a mix of vermiculite and whatever soil I was using last year. lol put them on 24 HR light under 4 13w 5000k cfls for approx 7 days with some less than stellar growth.
Upped the light at day 7 to 4 23w 5000k cfls and one 23w 2700k cfl.

Day 8 -bought some new soil (promix -hp Mycohorrizae) and some perlite as well as a larger pot. Mixed up the soil/perlite to what felt nice in my hand & watered it down thoroughly. Attempted to ever so gingerly and gently get both plants from the Tupperware container to the fresh new pot and soil awaiting them. ...long story short...it was a goddamn disaster!!! Lol roots were breaking ,plants were flopping around and my hopes of a successful crop were dwindling. But I kept on with the transplanting. Only to get them planted and immediately go on the Internet and see that I had just transplanted them in a soilless medium.. lol

Today -day 10 from being put in dirt &2 days after transplanting . Much to my surprise these little buggers are still alive and even though they are small the amount of growth in the last 2 days over the previous 8 seems to have jumped substantially.

Over the next week I'm going to start putting together a grow box made from a wardrobe measuring 48"x21"x70" I'm going to pick up from Walmart. Going to be lit with CFL's ,T5's and possibly a LED light in the future as well as a inline fan and charcoal filter. Any input on the grow or the box would be greatly appreciated!!!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile1264915310.jpg

There looking good how often are you watering them and how far away from lights are they?

cheers yall and remember keep'em frosty ;)

Large dual chamber grow box build

I've just been watering them when the soil is good and dry to about knuckle deep and only bottled spring water so far...the lights were about 1" away but since I've moved them to their new home I moved the lights up just a little bit to try to get a little bit more stretch...

420-magazine-mobile2093325033.jpg

There pretty close can u put ur hand above ur plant and hold it there for about a min and it not hurt ur hand was always what I heard to tell if they were to close but the only cfl I ever grown with are the 250watt cfl bulbs the big big ones

I could put my hand between light and plant an hold it there but I moved it up a bit more anyway, we'll see what tomorrow brings. I need to invest in a PH tester as well lol getting worried about these girls...developing small brown spots on some leaves .

Just grabbed a cheap 3 way tester here is my results

420-magazine-mobile365928235.jpg

That is a little low not very much but like I said pro mix is great stuff but it is inert so relatively neutral here is a picture of all main nutes a plant needs and the ph they are best absorbed on
420-magazine-mobile858333722.jpg

That's on pH lol eeeeeek
So u can 7 is highest you want it

That is a little low not very much but like I said pro mix is great stuff but it is inert so relatively neutral here is a picture of all main nutes a plant needs and the ph they are best absorbed on
420-magazine-mobile858333722.jpg

Perfect thx again man, I think I'm going to use these autos as a trial run and hold off on my white widows until I have things down a little better lol

Perfect thx again man, I think I'm going to use these autos as a trial run and hold off on my white widows until I have things down a little better lol

OK I done a little research and reading to double check before I stated this since pro mix is a soiless medium considered hydroponically the ph should be around 6 or so give a little each way so 7 is a tad bit high now idk exactly how to lower pro mix that may require a little more research

Back
Top Bottom