Mould/Pest resistance: Very High
THC: 22%
Strain:-Cash Crop
Breeder:-Cream of the Crop
Type:-ruderalis/indica/sativa
Flowering:-Automatic flowering
~70 days-(From seedling to harvest.)
Only female seeds.
Soil: FF not available in my area so went with black gold organic, perlite and castings at 5/4/1 ratio respectively. In 4 gallon planter.
Lights: I have it currently under a mix of 4 6500k 23w and 2 2700k 23w in a homemade reflector im pretty proud of. I have many more cfls of varying intensity as well to be able to add up to a dozen more lights.
Nutes: Not using any until flowering and then it be FF trio I ordered online.
Watering: using the weight/pickup method to let me know when its needed.
my well water is hard as hell so ill be using store bought 0 ph water and using ph up or down to get proper ph.

Im only growing the one even though I bought ten because I wanted a test run. Its a closet grow and I've lined my walls with safety blankets until I order some Mylar.( ill have a complete grow tent kit soon) The room is 3x3x5 and temp stays between 80-83f and humidity stays between 48 and 55.
Planted straight into final container after germing in distilled water.
This journal is for me to keep track of things on first try and get any feedback I can for future reference. I have spent literally hours a day scouring this sites forums and im hoping for a good outcome.

Here's one day after tossing her seed cap.
20150519_074124.jpg

Here she is at a week today.
20150524_080301.jpg

Ill keep upgrading this closet until my tent kit gets here. Im so glad this site has the journal option. I have a feeling ill be learning a lot on this grow. Thanks in advance for any advice or comments whether good or bad.

After doing a LOT more reading here at 420 I think I've decided to go smaller containers and more of them. I placed the first one in a four gallon because I've read that some autos run out of space for root growth even in a three gallon. But I've recently learned that you can actually control the plants height and final growth just by limiting the root space. So im at the point now where im trying to decide if I should go with larger containers like the one I started in so the plants go for full potential or go with smaller pots and grow more plants and get a decent yield that way. All together I've got nine cash crop auto seeds and ten blueberry cheese auto seeds. So, more plants for increased yield or less plants with more space?

Hello sticky great choice of strain I have literally just started my cashcrop auto so will be fun to sit in on this one to see how yours turn out.

:popcorn:

So far your seedling looks really healthy seems from above you've got off to a awesome start :thumb:

I love how much healthier these breeder plants look compared to a bagseed plant. Only problem is I cant stop checking on it like one of my kids lol. My wife walks into our bedroom and sighs at me for sitting in the closet with the plant watching it grow. Thanks for the comment Horus. I wish you luck with your cash crop, and happy plants with juicy nugs.

I wouldn't upload another photo yet because not much has changed except some slight curling. The serrated edges of the leaves are curling upward. So, I dove back into the forums and it seems this caused by either excessive heat ( usually at the top of the plant but my whole plant is the top right now) or a Mg deficiency. I readjusted the light fixture last night, raised it about two inches or so. The lights are about six to eight inches away and im monitoring the heat at the top of the plant at 79-81degrees Fahrenheit. RH is steady at 49-51. Ive got a small fan blowing at lights pushing the heat up and out. Not sure if I just wait or do I need to put Epsom in the RO water next feed. Anyway here is the curling.

20150525_0819131.jpg

Hahaha I'm the same I could spend hours watching my grow spaces probably check on them easily 5 to 10 times a days checking for equipment failure. Your bang on the money there with bag seed and breeders seeds I had 15 bagseed autos only 5 germinated where as the 9 legit breeders seeds all germinated from now on I'll be using only the best seeds from breeders.

I wouldn't upload another photo yet because not much has changed except some slight curling. The serrated edges of the leaves are curling upward. So, I dove back into the forums and it seems this caused by either excessive heat ( usually at the top of the plant but my whole plant is the top right now) or a Mg deficiency. I readjusted the light fixture last night, raised it about two inches or so. The lights are about six to eight inches away and im monitoring the heat at the top of the plant at 79-81degrees Fahrenheit. RH is steady at 49-51. Ive got a small fan blowing at lights pushing the heat up and out. Not sure if I just wait or do I need to put Epsom in the RO water next feed. Anyway here is the curling.

It's great to see your doing the research once you've busted your balls getting past all the humps and bumps of your first grow you'll breeze through all the rest!

The curling upwards was definitely heat issues youve done good by lifting the lights and using the fan to deflect the heat. A good rule of thumb is if you use the back of you hand and feel the heat from the light at same hight as the top of your plant if it's hot for you then it's hot for the plant.

Never used Epson myself but I swear I heard cal-mag is a must when watering with RO water hope that helps you bud

On my way to the hydro store for Calmag. Thanks.

Good luck with your first grow. I know what you mean about the wife sighing watching you watch your plants grow, I think that is familiar to a lot of us!

I understand that your leaves were curling up a little but, and its a big but as I am only on my second grow and first true grow, honestly I think its too soon to add anything like Calmag. Your seedling looks great to me. It looks like a happy plant and I think any additions could possibly do more harm than good at this point.

Now my plants in my signature on the other hand, they need something but I don't know what. I may need the Calmag you are going to the store for.

I hope you figure that out Jay. Im not even close to being able to offer advice and im really glad to be able to ask you guys and gals here at 420 when I have an issue. I was honestly thinking about giving her a day or two before I did anything. I dont wanna be one of those guys who creates problems or doesnt let the plant do its thing. That being said, I now have cal-mag as well a few other things just in case.

I'd use cal-mag as soon as the second set of leaves are developed then your good to add a 1/2 dose the key is not to over do it, minor adjustments are easier to correct.

Hey sticky, good luck on your grow, I'm new to the forum because of you! I'm growing the same thing for my very first grow and since I found this thread I signed up in hopes that we can probably help each other out. I'm in day 20, and I use CalMag every watering. I've heard from many growers that autos can be CalMag hungry, hasn't hurt yet @ 1tsp per gallon. I just signed up so I'll be posting my journal shortly along with my pics. At day 14, I gave my girls a compost tea feeding, it was light but I added Mycorihazea into the brew and she loved it.

Good luck to you also fellow cash cropper. Really glad I picked up the cal-mag now. Seems after reading on the mycorrhizae that it can only be a plus to the root system so thank you for that info. Im still doing reading on the different tea treatments also. I'd like to see your girls at day twenty plus because im kinda freaked out by this things growth. At 9 or so days mine is putting out a new leaf set every two days with no signs of stopping. At this point I've a second set of true leaves with third already showing in the center. Upward growth is minimal but i can see the segments of the plant starting to separate so it'll be getting taller soon. Ill sub your journal because it will nice to see someone slightly ahead of me and learn from it.

Hey sticky, do you have instagram? My computer is down at the moment so all I have is my phone. Uploading pics to this site on my phone is a pain to say the least. @GIbuds if you do, there you can see various pics, from day one, to day 19(last pic I took was yesterday)

Dont have an instagram but ill make one so I can see those. Very interested in watching yours grow. Here mine is at day 9-10. Still some upward curling but its slight and im adding a second fan purely for removing heat. On a side note i just put two nl x bb fems and 5 afghani regular seedlings outside. They're about 14 days old and were freebies so I figured wth. My pic also went in upside down lol, guess i should read the how to upload and resize pic thread. Your plants looks nice and healthy, and much bigger than mine at just ten days difference. These auto are pretty incredible.
20150526_142655.jpg
20150526_142433.jpg

Back
Top Bottom