JamesNns - Auto Fem Northern Lights - Look Up - It's Beautiful

OK.. Going back to one pot method...
My best friend says Im consistent in my inconsistency.

Tap roots are 4 mm..so prob tomorrow am in soil

My 'plans' barely last long enough to post them before they change.

From my personal experience, a final pot for autos is fine as long as you don't treat it like a plant that fills the container, until she actually does. :)

Susan got planted (One pot method) this am at 6:40 am..with a slight hiccup.
I woke up and checked her and her tap root was about 1/4 inch long, so its was time to put her in her pot. I used a pen to make a small hole in the soil about an inch deep or so and gave her a gentle nudge into the hole from the paper towel. She dove in...head first. I gentle dug her up and sorted slowly thru the soil until I found her, put her in a spoon and used twezzers very very gently and replanted her tail first. No harm, no foul.
LOL...It happens.

Here she is..not much to look at yet. Shes not planted in the solo cup. I just cut the top off one and placed it where shes planted for watering purposes...to keep her moist (I dont like that word) The light is just for warmth. It a low w cfl. The temp is 75 and the RH is 42%.
potted.JPG

So when you plant into the final pot, you only want to water right around it the first couple of times? Not the entire pot?
Until how long, generally?

So when you plant into the final pot, you only want to water right around it the first couple of times? Not the entire pot?
Until how long, generally?

I am in the 'final' pot. I decided to go that route instead of transplanting.
Right now, in the 5 gallom pot, Im only watering...keeping her moist until she sprouts. Then I treat her as a reg plant as far as watering goes.

I found a 3 gallon pot in my garage last night and i have enough soil to fill it so Im germinating a second auto northern lights today.
it'll fit in my area for now. My buddy arrives in a week to rebuild the grow area, so It'll be good until then.

Hoping everything is well mate!

Ran into some problems...Thinking about shelling out the $$$ for a 1200 Mars 2.
HPS is just heating everything up too much for my comfort..
and I'm jealous of the space people have without excess fans everywhere taking up room.

:Namaste:

Not too much to report today. Susan hasnt popped her head out from under the covers yet. Its only been a day so Im not worried.
Masaccio..my third plant is germinating. I checked the water drainage in the 3 gallon pot. It was horrible. I had to drill several small holes in the bottom of it to get it to drain well.
I guess now I just wait....patiently wait....

Not too much to report today. Susan hasnt popped her head out from under the covers yet. Its only been a day so Im not worried.
Masaccio..my third plant is germinating. I checked the water drainage in the 3 gallon pot. It was horrible. I had to drill several small holes in the bottom of it to get it to drain well.
I guess now I just wait....patiently wait....

What was the layout of the drainage holes when you boguht it?
and howd you test the drainage ?

What was the layout of the drainage holes when you boguht it?
and howd you test the drainage ?

Its a ceramic 3 gal pot I found in my garage. It had one center hole about 1/2" in diameter in it. I tested it by watering the plain soil in it. It woudnt drain. The water just pooled on top of the soil. I drilled about 12 1/4" holes in a circular pattern, refilled with the soil, watered and then it drained well. I did resize a plastic thing with holes in it that fit inside the 5 gallon pot..I cut it to size and fit it in the bottom prior to refilling with soil.

Its a ceramic 3 gal pot I found in my garage. It had one center hole about 1/2" in diameter in it. I tested it by watering the plain soil in it. It woudnt drain. The water just pooled on top of the soil. I drilled about 12 1/4" holes in a circular pattern, refilled with the soil, watered and then it drained well. I did resize a plastic thing with holes in it that fit inside the 5 gallon pot..I cut it to size and fit it in the bottom prior to refilling with soil.

Gotchaa.
Sounds good!

The centers of the first two leafs have yellow areas..in the middle. You can see the color variation in the photo. The two top leafs are solid green. I went and looked back at my other photos of my plants when they sprouted, I didnt see any yellow centers on the first two leafs.
Im sure its fine, or strain related or Auto related..or just odd.

The centers of the first two leafs have yellow areas..in the middle. You can see the color variation in the photo. The two top leafs are solid green. I went and looked back at my other photos of my plants when they sprouted, I didnt see any yellow centers on the first two leafs.

The two smaller round leaves are called cotyledons; they will eventually yellow and die off.

I'm with ya, it's fine. Could be any of those on your list, or just a slight issue when that specific seed was being formed. Had my first single cotyledon girl in our second grow and she came out great.

Back
Top Bottom