JamesNns - Auto Fem Northern Lights - Look Up - It's Beautiful

Funny..I searched yellow spots on cotyledons and many hits with Northern Lights Autos came up.

Good! Seems like nothing to worry about, just a strain related thing.
That's pretty neat.

Susan is doing well..not worth another pic though..

Masaccio..my 2nd Auto I started was late in sprouting compared to Susan. Same strain as her too. She popped up yesterday eve.
So..2 autos and my Franny are all doing well..

Here she is at 10 days old. Everythign was going well up until I got spider mites. I treated the mites and they seem to be gone.
The mites prob came from my other new sprout Masacioo. I needed just a tad bit more soil which I got from outside.....uh-huh...mites.
I had to pull Masacioo and the pot. The miters were way to bad...
Heres Susan
susan_10_days_old.JPG

Here she is at 10 days old. Everythign was going well up until I got spider mites. I treated the mites and they seem to be gone.
The mites prob came from my other new sprout Masacioo. I needed just a tad bit more soil which I got from outside.....uh-huh...mites.
I had to pull Masacioo and the pot. The miters were way to bad...
Heres Susan
susan_10_days_old.JPG

Looks good..

What did you do to get rid of the mites?
Now I know not to try to grab some soil from outside, lol.
Also makes me happy that I have another 1 1/4 bags of soil for my next grow!

Glad to hear you handled the situation - can't wait to hear how!
Cheers!
:Namaste:

Oh..I went with that type because its safe to use on plants that are flowering....

Check out my new grow area...the links in my sig. Its finished..Ill have to poat the finished pics soon

14 days old. A little small imo for an auto. I thought its be bigger by now.
The striping you see on the leafs arent really there..just weird lighting....
susan_14.JPG

14 days old. A little small imo for an auto. I thought its be bigger by now.
The striping you see on the leafs arent really there..just weird lighting....
susan_14.JPG

Does look quite small compared to my Blue Dream Auto @ 14 days old..
What kind of lighting again?

CFLs. FFOF soil and Perlite. 72-81 F, 35-50% humidity on a 12/12 light schedule. Maybe its the 12/12...but I have to do that as my other plant is in flower and its not an auto???

I found this about 12/12 lighting and autos. I kinda knew this planting this one

"Yes, it's okay and your auto will grow just fine on a 12/12 schedule... except for one thing. Because your auto is getting less light each day, it isn't able to make as much energy to power growth and you'll end up with a smaller plant and reduced yields compared to if you'd given more light a day.

One of the really great things about autos is how they're able to give you pretty impressive yields in such a short amount of time. Part of the way they accomplish this is you're able to give the plant 18 hours of light a day to power buds, so buds grow faster than they would under 12/12. By giving your autos 12/12 you're not using them to their full advantage. That being said, if you don't mind reduced yields they'll grow just fine!"

Yeah.
Due to the fact that it's only getting 12 hours of light a day, and the light it is getting are cfl's, the end product is going to be a bit less than you may be expecting.
Looks about on par with something that is grown under certain conditions. Definitely a healthy lady. I wouldn't do anything to stress her, though.

I just bought more FFOF and Perlite and 3 gallon pots. Im starting two more today.
So, that'll be four plants growing. One big one and three Northern Lights Autos

I just bought more FFOF and Perlite and 3 gallon pots. Im starting two more today.
So, that'll be four plants growing. One big one and three Northern Lights Autos
Lucky! I wish i could start more girls now, alas, i must wait until we get back from Electric Forest. I don't wanna leave everything up and running during then.

One day later from the last pic..growing...growing growing....
Perhaps time to add some Calmag, Big bloom and Grow big next watering? (Hasnt had anything but plain water so far.

Two new seeds have sprouted tap roots. Another day in paper towel and they'll be ready for the pots.

susan_18.JPG

One day later from the last pic..growing...growing growing....
Perhaps time to add some Calmag, Big bloom and Grow big next watering? (Hasnt had anything but plain water so far.

Two new seeds have sprouted tap roots. Another day in paper towel and they'll be ready for the pots.

susan_18.JPG
Generally you dont add nutes til after 3 weeks or so, or when you see pre flowers everywhere (white pistils shooting out)
There's typically enough nutes in the soil until then.

Generally you dont add nutes til after 3 weeks or so, or when you see pre flowers everywhere (white pistils shooting out)
There's typically enough nutes in the soil until then.

Too late. I only gave 1/4 strength nutes.

I have a question...(Who me?)
I just started two new seeds.
Both were in water for 18 hours..but one only sank after 16 hours. The first sank in 4 hours, the seond one didnt. I woke up at 3 am and she sank.
The first one has a 3mm tap root..the second one, the one that didnt sink...has none.
What to do?
There both in wet paper towels. Shouls I pull the second one out and re-sink her?

Back
Top Bottom