Billyjack - Heavyweight & Cream of the Crop Grow

re: Billyjack - Heavyweight & Cream of the Crop Grow

And watch for a rot like problem right where the stem enters the medium... i had to stake several of mine (bamboo skewers). I think its the fact the rockwool i use absorbs and hold to much liquid in combination with a fan beating them silly 24/7. Either way it has never happened on regular plants but it's happened on both auto grows.

Thanks man, good info.

If i could make one small suggestion it looks like you have either a nutrient burn or over watering issue. People will say nitrogen but this looks like what i had going on earlier, quickly recognized it and corrected for it. Not sure which it but everything I've read about these fast and vast says don't fuck around with them, with a predetermined life span waiting and seeing is not an option. you planted yours a week prior to mine, they should be ahead of me. Figure out what is or your going to end up with 'fast and meh'

Food for thought on the autos. I kept coming across the issue of auto and yellow lower leaves. First I have no doubt that my low PH added to the problem but I do keep seeing two things mentioned about autos:

1. "Auto-flowerers need a light hand with fertilizers, and no nutes that are intended for vegetative growth – use a high P fertilizer instead. Auto-flowering varieties are perfect for guerilla growing".

2. When you do fertilize, add half the recommended amount.

I am just throwing out what I came across as you are also growing autos and just wanted to share what I am finding.

I'm using Advanced Nutrients Sensi-Grow A/B as my base and Greenleafs knockoffs for supplements. I run the supplements at the recommended levels but i do about 1/2 on base and haven't had any problems. As far as not using a vegetative nute... I'm not sure i agree with that. Plants need nitrogen and blooming nutes contain little to none.
Put it this way... i started 50 plants and currently have 48. 1 is iffy anf one more is very small but healthy. Aside from the stem problem on half a dozen all my plants look great anf I've been running them on a grow style regiment.
I have read that running a veg nute 1 week after blooms are seen is recommended.
Now all that said i was running them flood and drain until a few days ago when they got transplanted into 'dirt' so all my observations could be BS in the end... we shall see in the coming weeks.
This is all very new and i'm sure in a year people are going to pouring over journals like this and mine trying to discern good from bad info...

I'm using Advanced Nutrients Sensi-Grow A/B as my base and Greenleafs knockoffs for supplements. I run the supplements at the recommended levels but i do about 1/2 on base and haven't had any problems. As far as not using a vegetative nute... I'm not sure i agree with that. Plants need nitrogen and blooming nutes contain little to none.
Put it this way... i started 50 plants and currently have 48. 1 is iffy anf one more is very small but healthy. Aside from the stem problem on half a dozen all my plants look great anf I've been running them on a grow style regiment.
I have read that running a veg nute 1 week after blooms are seen is recommended.
Now all that said i was running them flood and drain until a few days ago when they got transplanted into 'dirt' so all my observations could be BS in the end... we shall see in the coming weeks.
This is all very new and i'm sure in a year people are going to pouring over journals like this and mine trying to discern good from bad info...

Hello to everyone. I have to agree with you that veg nutes are not a bad thing. I use veg nutes up until after the first week of bloom. And then I use them 1/4 strength along with my bloom nutes for the rest of the grow. I know it sounds weird but hey, it works for me and my girls. The bottom line is I never quit giving them veg nutes. I just give them at very light doses after blooming set in. Anyway that is just my thoughts on it. :rofl: Have a great day all. :thumb:

I was just reflecting on why I do that. I think that it is because I spend so much time with my plants and meditate on how they grow in nature. They get much bigger grown outdoors as opposed to indoors. Why is that? Is it only because of the suns many different spectrums as most schools of thought teach? Or is it perhaps because the plants get the whole range of nutrients grow and bloom from start to finish? Nature does not withhold grow nutes from the plants outdoors. I try to follow nature as close as I can and my plants love it. :Namaste:

I've grown the heavy weight vast an fast auto. One grew great over a QP off the one but the other got stunted in the net cup, and I can only guess a 1/4 not as nice more swag looking so that one butter lol. they are touchy plants but will produce very well I ran mine in hydro and did very well just using the lucas formula. pretty much right on time with done in 8 weeks too hope you have good luck with yours with some fine tuning I know you can pull at least a 1/2 lb from them. I don't know about the 600 grams there talking about about but I would go easy on the nutes.

Guys, excellent feedback. Adding to the list of the mistakes I have made, I started my Auto's on a 24/0 schedule for the first 3 weeks. Growth has been much better after I switched to 18/6. I do have some auto seeds left but I cannot get anything started as I have this grow and 4 Hawaiian skunk haze seedlings (regular seeds) and cannot start anything because I will be away for 3 weeks on vacation when these are done. To give the autos another go before I give up on them, I am going to do the following 1. Plant seeds in final pot to begin with. 2. Not give them any nutes for the first 3 weeks and then give them 1/4 Veg @ 1/4 bloom after that. As I already figured out that 24/0 is not good, I am going to run 2 of them at 22/2, 2 seeds 19/5, 2 seeds 16/8 and 2 seeds 13/11. I purchased the High Brix Kit from Doc Bud and will be setting up my grow with that.

3_weeks_in_april.jpg
jack_pre_flowers.jpg
s42tq81.jpg

Here's a couple pics. Are you using doc's soil or a mineralized mix?

Sorry they are big pics. My light is also called a 900W but it draws 500 on the Kill a watt.

hey i wanted to give u some advice if i may. try to use a ,iddle size for pots ie. 1 gal that way its not such a huge jump and take longer to catch up

I did start them in a small cup. As I was researching I found many people saying you should not transplant autos so I just transplanted them once in to the final pot. I am not sure how it would have worked out if I would have gone to a 1 gallon pot before the 3.5 pot. I made several mistakes with these. Transplanting, ran them under 24/0 (first 3 weeks) and put my LED too close. If there were such a thing as the Marijuana's Growers Police, I would have been arrested, gone to trial and put on probation for what I did to these auto's.

I will be updating my grow in just a little bit. Out of my 3 HWF&V, 2 have never really recovered from 24/0 light and getting transplanted. My other two plants are doing OK (probably being generous in the use of "OK"). The Heavyweight are at 35 days and if possible, I am going to take the 2 bonsai HW and if it is not too late, try and make auto seeds. I have the CS to do it but I need to research the process.

Thanks man. Any and all feedback is appreciated. If you have any advice on creating auto seeds at this point in the grow, I would like to hear it. I do not think it is too late to at least get the pollen from one of them. May be too late to get pollen and fertilize the other plant. Again, I have the CS but have never done the process

Back
Top Bottom