First Time Indoor Grow! Jack Herer Auto

The CFL's I added to try to help get more light to the undergrowth rather than cutting any large fan leaves off or anything

So that's -5 23w @ 1600 lumens each
-4 13w @ 800 lumens each
11,200 lumens total
Hopefully I see some improvements over the next few days as long as I don't get into heat problems .

420-magazine-mobile878031959.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1752109902.jpg

It's normal just looks like the plants genetics are a bit stunted or the light was a bit close so they didn't stretch

Sent from my Pixel using 420 Magazine Mobile App

It's normal just looks like the plants genetics are a bit stunted or the light was a bit close so they didn't stretch

Yea well this run turned out to be kind of a trial run to get everything dialed in for my WHite widow I guess you could say lol I got going too soon before I had everything ready. And yes the lights were like 1 1/2" -2" away for the first while but then I raised them to about 4" away to try to get a little stretch without it getting too much.

I've only given nutes once,before all the flushes . Since this is an inert medium do you think I should be giving more?

Thx for your input it is much appreciated!..

First Time Indoor Grow! Crop King's Jack Herer Auto

I used the same soil it's great I used nuts with every feeding and just phd the food after I mixed it up

Feel free to check out my grow Journal I'm just finishing up crop Kings Autoflower White Widow with the same HP soil mix and some iguana bloom juice and iguana veg nutts candy from Advanced Nutrients all organic.

Yea well this run turned out to be kind of a trial run to get everything dialed in

I'm just passing through, so this may have already been mentioned, but: Next time, just grow one plant per container.

I raised them to about 4" away to try to get a little stretch without it getting too much.

Have you tried swapping in more 2,700K bulbs (if you're using mostly 6,500K now)? That might help the plants grow less "squat" (and, perhaps, contribute to your yield).

One thing that ought to help significantly with your grow in general - and which can be quite cheap to accomplish - is to make reflectors for each of your CFL bulbs. Aluminum soda/beer cans work fine and are generally sized appropriately for CFL bulb reflectors. You can get fancy with a bit of a "crease" in the middle, centered over the bulb to help light not get reflected directly back into the bulb and the end (originally the bottom of the can) bent out a little for the (minor) amount of light coming from the end of the bulb, or you can keep it simple and just open them up as a gentle curve. Either way, it will help direct some of the light being produced from the portion of the bulb that is pointing away from the plant... onto the plant. We pay for 100% of the illumination that our bulbs produce - might as well do what we can to ensure that as much as possible of the other ~50% actually reaches the leaves' chloroplasts.

I have a few auto-flowering seeds from Crop King. I haven't tried to grow them yet, because they are marked as "assorted" - so I have no idea what strain(s) they are. I'll have to read your journal from time to time. Maybe one of the seeds will turn out to be their version of Sensi Seeds' Jack Herer, and in auto-flowering form, who knows? I haven't grown any modern auto-flowering breeds, and my experience years ago with Ruderalis was not pleasant. So this could be educational for me (and I like to learn things).

Good luck with your grow!

I'm just passing through, so this may have already been mentioned, but: Next time, just grow one plant per container.

Have you tried swapping in more 2,700K bulbs (if you're using mostly 6,500K now)? That might help the plants grow less "squat" (and, perhaps, contribute to your yield).

Yea I'm going to grab more 2700k but one thing I was wondering out of curiosity as far as bulbs, will autos still bud normally under 6500k or are they the same as photos and rather 2700k?

Well here we are Day 26 from sprout immediately after their first taste of Calimajic...As you can see , on the one I cut a lot of the larger leaves off and tied some branches down to get more light to the secondary growth (and kind of as an experiment) and I pretty much left the other one alone just tied a couple branches to get them out from under some of the other foliage

420-magazine-mobile2089975187.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1812570567.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1174502204.jpg

Cool I'm growing Jack Herer but my seeds were from a Toronto seed Co. Rare Earth Seeds. So I'm interested to see the difference. Happy Growing!

GOTHAM

Back
Top Bottom