Grandpa's White Widow - 1st grow EVER

Don't use rockwool if anything use rapid rooter plugs. I used some for seed I didn't do any thing but drop the seed into the plug added water and 2 days later I had seedlings. Putting your plants outside is very good it will help dry then out. You really don't need to do much for outdoors but mix a little perlite with the soil.:bong:

Keep it green.:roorrip:

Pan4

Don't use rockwool if anything use rapid rooter plugs. I used some for seed I didn't do any thing but drop the seed into the plug added water and 2 days later I had seedlings. Putting your plants outside is very good it will help dry then out. You really don't need to do much for outdoors but mix a little perlite with the soil.:bong:

Keep it green.:roorrip:

Pan4

"Rapid Rooter Plugs"...I will search online and try to find some. Thanxxx Pan :thanks:

I took a hike earlier this evening and found a couple of nice looking areas where I am gonna put my 4 soon to be outdoor ladies.

3_outside.jpg

1_outside.jpg

I am gonna transplant them this week. I have read online that shale can be used as a substitute for perlite. If this is correct, I have loads of that...and I can use that for the outdoor plants and use the actual perlite for the indoor plants. What do yall think ?

:ganjamon:Grandpa I swear I got great vibes reading everybody's posts today!!!

Holy crap GREAT LOCATIONS you mapped out!!! Now thats what I'm screamin :ganjamon:

Very nice beans you got there, I grew Nirvana's version of WW and it was very white ;) I can't wait!

Thanxxx PhatBlunt420 for checking in on my old ass...I appreciate all advice and comments. I just got off a site called Stealth Hydro and found a complete hydroponic systems (actually MANY there) which intrigued me. Check out the site and watch the short video on the page SH Hydroponics, Inc. > 600W HPS Plantastar Deep Water Culture Kit

If it is as good as it seems (seldom is) I might begin saving for one. I am headed for hydro eventually...just a thought. I would love to know what the folks in here think about it.

:ganjamon:Grandpa I swear I got great vibes reading everybody's posts today!!!

Holy crap GREAT LOCATIONS you mapped out!!! Now thats what I'm screamin :ganjamon:

Very nice beans you got there, I grew Nirvana's version of WW and it was very white ;) I can't wait!

Thanxxx DeadTour09...love that WW :thanks:

Stay baked brother !:bong:

You could make one your self from a swamp cooler pump and some parts.:grinjoint:

Pan4

The problem with that Pan is that while I am highly musically skilled...my 6 month old daughter has more mechanical ability than I do. The chances of me making anything mechanical work is about the same as my trusting the government. That's why I bought "pre-made" grow cabs instead of making a grow area. But thanxxx for the input dude...yours is always appreciated. :thanks:

Grandpa I guess that's me. I see something and build it. So your a musician I've played Guitar for 30 years now. I was very good til I messed up my hand and can only play 3 finger rhythms now used to be 5.:smokin:
Vermiculite is a heated and expanded mica and retains water.:cool:
Perlite is a rock that has a very porous structure that aids in drainage.:smokin:

Keep up the good work.:grinjoint:

Pan4

Grandpa...

Here is what is involved in making a DWC/Deep Water Culture system...

1-buy an 18 gallon tote at wally world...about 15 bucks
2-cut holes for net cups in lid
3-drill hole above high waterline for air tube to run through
4-insert air tube and airstone into res...cost of tubing/airstone/airpump less than 30 bucks also available at wally world in the pet dept.
5-Done

You just built a DWC/Deep Water Culture system for less than 50 bucks. you still need netcups,hydroton (or equivelant cup stuffer) and rockwool, but these are quite inexpensive and readily available at any hydro shop or online.

Now you can spend all that saved coin on better lighting...building/buying a cabinet, or beans. You don't need alot of know-how to do this...drill one hole and cut the appropriate amount of openings in the lid. Piece of cake!

Back
Top Bottom