Alientic's 1st Grow of PPP, Snow White and Supergirl

with the lights that low and plants that young any foliar spray might burn the fan leaves.Is the water warm or real warm.. take a small water bottle or two remove some water and squeeze the air out so it can expand and put it in the freezer. then drop it in your rez tank during the middle of your light cycle or hotest part of the day in your area. it will drop the temps cheap if the water is too warm.I would really reccomend some fresh intake air from outside if at all possible.10 feet of 4" dryer hose should be less than 20 bucks at any home repair store. you could even place something frozen in front of the air intake to cool the air cheap but it will raise your Humidity.You can also get dry ice at most supermarkets but its not cheap and wont last long.water with a low ppm is good so thats not the problem. you said the rez looks like a blondes head in water. are your roots a blond/rust color or brownish stained or closer to white.dark roots would tell me nute burn.if the res is full of roots make sure nothing is clogged up.white roots are good. IMHO with the lights higher and the ph around 6 and cool fresh air intake that should Help lots but i am not there.double check everything.you said your ppms were down from 760.thats high. I would give them a light water only flush,then a rez change and an hour light break will let those temps drop on that metal.
Fresh air intake from outside is not possible. The best I can do is have cross ventilation in my house which provides fresh air in my house at all times. However, it's 27 degrees outside and falling so the windows are closed for now LOL. The roots look healthy to me according to pictures I've seen of healthy roots. I'll post some pics here in a moment. Thanks for your help. The plants are looking better though I think. I'll post some pics here shortly.

Alientic, I would also like to let you know about a few changes we have made with our Cool Cab. I know that SLS said the temps should be up to 87 degrees but from the beginning, the high temps concerted DJB and I so we: added another duct fan to pull the air from the light tube on the opposite side. We also purchased a larger exhaust fan to pull the air and as of late we have direct ducted to exhaust outside (we are on a slab so the exhaust goes under our home), no noticeable smells at this time, if it becomes a problem, we will try putting the cabon filter at the end of the exhaust hose. I don't want to complain about SLS because of the great results we are having, but I don't want anyone to think that you can actually turn the key and bamm, it does all the work. Before exhausting to outside, we left the doors cracked to control the heat and what a smell, having a few teens around we have to be very, very careful. Honestly in my lack of knowledge I truely believed that the cabinet would look like any other cabinet in your home. LOL !!! I call it the spaceship. I have contacted the company and told them that I believe their product have great potential, but that I feel that they have skimped on some key components of the cabinet. We also have been using the CO2 boost from very early on. You can purchase it a bit cheaper on e-bay.:nomo:
So do you recommend the CO2 boost? I put the air filter on and still smells. But I plugged in the ozone generator and it made a high pitch sound. When I got home it wasn't making that sound. Then later on it smelled like an electrical fire smell was happening so I unplugged. So idk if it even works :/

So do you recommend the CO2 boost? I put the air filter on and still smells. But I plugged in the ozone generator and it made a high pitch sound. When I got home it wasn't making that sound. Then later on it smelled like an electrical fire smell was happening so I unplugged. So idk if it even works :/

As I said earlier, we have used the CO2 boost from early on in our grow, Idk if it makes a difference bcus this is our first grow and we have nothing else to compare it to but...My opinion, is yes it does and we will continue to use it. As far as the Filter and ozone generator I would call SLS and insist on new ones. Ours never made any noise but it did eliminate the smell for the most part.

Okay sorry for not posting lately I've just been going through a lot crap recently so I'm posting 3 separate days worth of pics.

I was gonna take clones but I read that you need to flush them for a week before taking clones and I just changed the res the other day and raised the nutes to about 500 but they are at 350 something now and drinking a butt load of water. So I'm gonna and more water and raise it up to 600 or something close to it.

So I decided not to take clones unless someone tells me that it's not absolutely necessary to flush the plants before doing so. The nutes I'm using are for both vegging and flowering so I won't be flushing the plants before flowering.

I can't seem to keep the pH stabilized so I'm constantly having to fix it. With the size of the plants now I think I need to start flowering here real soon. Like today or in the next two days. If someone folks think I need to start now then I will. They are between 12 and 14 in. I will be using Bushmaster during my flowering process but they are already hella bushy as you can see in the pics.

Here are some pics from 12/13/08
IMG_1511.JPG

IMG_15132.JPG

IMG_15122.JPG

IMG_1514.JPG

IMG_1515.JPG

IMG_1518.JPG

IMG_1517.JPG

IMG_15221.JPG

IMG_15191.JPG

IMG_15231.JPG

IMG_15242.JPG

Wow thats a thick forest you got there alientic! Great work.

Wow thats a thick forest you got there alientic! Great work.
Thanks man. I was really stressed out with this being my first grow and I still have a lot to learn! Do you think I should start flowering like now or in a couple of days?

Depends. How tall is the box again? Depending on the strain they can double or triple in height. And you have 7 plants, that will fill up the box considerably. So keep those things in mind. If i were you i would start flowering PDQ. And hey, you are doing an AWESOME job, dont stress, just toke a bowl and let nature do her thing!

Your roots look beautiful! I wish I could look at mine like that! Sorry about the roller coaster the Ph has you on and what not! What's up with that one leaf that's sickly? Well done so far!

Depends. How tall is the box again? Depending on the strain they can double or triple in height. And you have 7 plants, that will fill up the box considerably. So keep those things in mind. If i were you i would start flowering PDQ. And hey, you are doing an AWESOME job, dont stress, just toke a bowl and let nature do her thing!
First if let me say thanks for your kind words. I just :bong: and sat there on the couch and finally figured out what PDQ meant :) Now onto the educational stuff (i.e. me learning) so I'm gonna start flowering tonight and what should my ppm be at. It's about 450 ppm right now. It was at 350 earlier today with a gallon less water in the res. So I added more water and nutes. Thanks

Your roots look beautiful! I wish I could look at mine like that! Sorry about the roller coaster the Ph has you on and what not! What's up with that one leaf that's sickly? Well done so far!
Thanks for props on the roots man. It's crazy to see how much they grow. Yeah the pH is where I want it right now. Most of the lower leaves on the plants are pretty burned from what people say is a combination of too many nutes, heat and spray in grow at the early stages of there lives. Some down right crackle like leaves falling on cool crisp fall day. Sorry I just :bong::peace:

Got it from Not so funny Doug funny. Loved that show. Nice call man, i wish i had an answer for you about your ppm, i grow in soil..

Alright the light went off at 6 a.m. until 6 p.m. Should I keep the two intake and exhaust fans on during the dark period?

You can it's not gonna hurt.

Do you need to keep them on to control temps or humidity?

Great looking plants BTW :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thanks you, idk if I need to keep them on to control temp and humidity. The temp inside the cab is 68, the temp inside my room is 69. The RH is 51% and I read that during flowering it should be below 40%.

I turned the heat on inside the room where the cab is hoping that will bring up the temp.

Well maybe I shouldn't have started to flower just yet. The National Weather Service issued "HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM SATURDAY TO 4 PM PST SUNDAY...AT THE HEIGHT OF THIS EVENT... SUSTAINED WINDS COULD REACH 50 TO 70 MPH WITH PEAK GUSTS OF 70 TO 90 MPH...IN ADDITION... WIND CHILL READINGS DURING THIS EVENT MAY BE NEAR ZERO WITH AIR TEMPERATURES IN THE MID TO UPPER 20S. CONSIDER SAFE WAYS TO KEEP YOUR FAMILY WARM IF YOUR POWER IS KNOCKED OUT FOR A PROLONGED PERIOD."

We had a wind storm in December 2006 that knocked power out at my house for four days and it looked like a war zone. We're known as the Evergreen State and they toppled over on pretty much every power line and everything was covered in snow and ice.

I'm really just worried about the health of the plants and I need some assurance that they will be okay or sort of be okay LOL.

Back
Top Bottom