Xlr8's PPP and Snow White grow cab journal 2009

xlr8 Nice plants man.:cool:

Man thats getting frosty.:grinjoint:
Looks like your going to have a great crop.:bong:

Pan4

Thanks Pan! Means a lot coming from the 420 member of the month! :thanks:

Okay so here's an update:

I'm now a few days into week 8 of flowering...

I'm finding it interesting that the PH is now dropping daily instead of climbing - maybe this has something to do with the nutrients and the stage of flowering...?

RH has stayed around 45%

I've been maintaining PH around 5.5, but it wants to drop to 4.9 to 5.0 over the course of a day - strange as it used to climb.

Buds are forming nicely and fattening up some. They're very frosty now and the little hairs are starting to turn brown on the more developed buds.

I'm a bit concerned with light on the lower parts of the plants, but I'm hesitant to trim - any suggestions? I'm thinking of doing a 2 part harvest when they're ready - is this dumb? Basicallly I'd harvest the top parts of the plant, and try to give the rest another week or 2 before harvesting. Would love any feedback on this. The lower buds are a bit behind the buds getting more light...

Here are some pictures - my camera died, so these pictures are from a borrowed camera and the pictures aren't the greatest:

may5_SW_all.jpg

may5_SW_closeup2.jpg

may5_SW_closeup3.jpg

may5_SW_closeup1.jpg

may5_SW_closeup4.jpg

I appreciate any feedback or thoughts -

Okay, here are some updated pics from last week - I'll try to get some more up in the next couple of days. Everything is going smoothly, and I just finished the 10th week of flowering. I have switched to water only to start the flushing process, and I think we're getting pretty close. The trichomes are about 1/3 clear, 1/3 cloudy, and 1/3 starting to amber...

My biggest concern is that the buds look smallish to me. Any thoughts as to how much they'll fatten up the last week to 10 days?

snow_white_bud.jpg

snow_white_bud3.jpg

snow_white_bud4.jpg

snow_white_bud2.jpg

Thanks to all for your help along the way! I'd love any input or feedback.

Things are looking good!

In regards to the PPP it really wasn't designed for a hydro grow. It needs huge root space. It was designed for commercial grows where you can deal with 8 foot plants. I'm not quite sure why nirvana even mentions indoors on it's website. The only work around is to start pinching back in the first couple weeks and continue right up to the end. It's always going to lean towards the sativa side of things but it is also always going to produce incredible highs and incredible yields if done right.

Greate looking plants!
+reps Xlr8!
Your buds should fatten up more ull notice nearer towards harvest

Thanks MrRedEye for the feedback and the +rep! I've worked really hard on this and it's a bit daunting being a first grow and all. Much appreciated!

Things are looking good!

In regards to the PPP it really wasn't designed for a hydro grow. It needs huge root space. It was designed for commercial grows where you can deal with 8 foot plants. I'm not quite sure why nirvana even mentions indoors on it's website. The only work around is to start pinching back in the first couple weeks and continue right up to the end. It's always going to lean towards the sativa side of things but it is also always going to produce incredible highs and incredible yields if done right.

Thanks for the feedback borntorun - I think you're right on with the PPP as that certainly was my experience. I was looking forward to the PPP, but like you said, probably a better outdoor plant (or at least more indoor space). I can't imagine how crowded it would be in there had they turned out anyway... I appreciate you checking out my grow and sharing your thoughts - thanks!

Inquiring minds really would like to know...how DID this grow turn out in the end?
We need all the BCNL Bloombox info we can get our hands on.

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!;)

We'll move this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!:grinjoint:

Well, first of all - sorry it's been so long since my last post. The grow turned out great. In the end, I ended up flushing for 2 weeks, and ended up with some really tasty, fragrant bud. Both Snow White's produced nicely. Between the 2 plants, I ended up with almost exactly 4 oz. of sweet sticky bud, (about 2 oz. per plant) and a whole lot of shake.

The machine works great - but it was pretty clear that 2 plants are plenty for the "roommate". What a great learning experience. My 2 cents: If somebody needs a stealth operation - this is probably as close as you'll get. The only issues I had were that it was a bit noisy at times, but not bad if you have an out of the way place for the machine, and odor got to be an issue towards the end of the grow, but I suspect I could have made that better by changing out the filter. (Odor wasn't too much of a problem for me, so I didn't worry too much about it.)

I also really liked the Dutchmasters gold nutes, and I can't recommend them enough. They are easy like garranimals (for those old enough to remember them) and worked flawlessly and produced great results.

Lastly - Snow White was a great fit for the machine, and produces a great high... The buds were small in size, but there were insane amounts of them, and they were full of crystals. It took me most of a day to trim them (with help). I wouldn't recommend the PPP (Pure Power Plant) for a box like this as it had too much Sativa in it for the size of the box, and QUICKLY outgrew it's space - eventually both PPP's hermied on me.

Unfortunately, my camera died on me when it came to harvest time, so I don't have any pics of the bountiful harvest - though I assure you it was beautiful seeing it all jarred up after drying and curing. (4 fat full jars!!!)

Again - sorry for the long disappearance from the 420 magazine community - suffice to say that I had somethings come up personally that made it difficult to come back here for a while, but nothing bad/all is well.

Finally - I miss all the great people here - please forgive me for the long absence. I should be in a place to contribute/participate in the community more again, now.

Peace - :peace:

xlr8

Back
Top Bottom