Turbo Stang - NYC Diesel CKS - DWC Hydro

I had the 420 60-100x handheld microscope with a light that was good and nice. But for this second grow I bought a Zorb 65-85x Digital Microscope you connect to your laptop so you can view your trichomes on a computer. You can take pictures, timelapse pictures and video. The difference is probably about $25, but well worth the few extra bucks because you can see a fuller picture, more trichomes instread of seeing spots with one eye through a scope. There are pictures and video of trichomes in my Lemon OG Haze Journal, if you want to take a look... trichome pics.

Here's the Zorb

1666645770604.png

Are those the pistils that are changing color in the picture of me holding the bud?

Good afternoon Stang,
Yes those are the pistils that are red. I found that buds I have man handled or bumped into while working in the tent tend to have their pistils change color even though they are young and not ripe. It is all good if it is still early you will probably see new white hairs (Pistils) popping out on those same buds soon!
When you start getting them changing on all the buds on their own then she is probably getting mature and ripening up for you.

Ok so I'm good.. I was worried. But as the buds develop they will change to red correct? Most of the pistls are longer and white. Perhaps I bumped them... Thank you for the advice.. Like I said I'm new and this is my first grow..

Your good :thumb: Pistil color and changes depend on the strain, but yes you probably will end up with a bunch of red pistils on that girl as she ripens. Read through the threads here on 420, Study up on when to harvest, and observe your girl closely. Trichomes, Pistils, Bud Swell are all indicators for ripeness

Your doing just fine turbo . I'm glad to see that you leaned away from chopping her down . I want to apologize if I seemed abrasive in those posts .
Now like others have said your pistils / stigmas will turn red and then receed into the brac and it will swell . The time to start looking at her is after the majority 90% of your pistils have turned ..trichromes have three stages clear ( immature ) cloudy ( peak ripeness) Amber ( starting to degrade ). They will not all change uniformily ..everyone has their preference as to when to harvest, me I'll let them go until I see at most 10 percent Amber .. The true object of the game is to harvest when you have the most cloudy and minimal Amber .
In regards to a microscope I just got one that clips on my iPhone , the link is in my journal along with some pics I took with it. Personally I feel I can find a better one , but I'm pretty picky .
Her are a couple of pics .
First one is so you can get familiar with the flower , the next two are pics of clear, cloudy and Amber trichromes so you know what your looking at . Trichromes on a sativa are quite a bit smaller when compared to an indica so I do recommend a nice powerful magnifying glass .
image17182.jpeg
image17183.jpeg
image17184.jpeg

I bought two magnifiers .. One is a 30x the other is a 60-100x. I will look at her in the morning. I thought I had a while since the buds are tiny at best... I have a ton of buds . The ones in the back of the tent have huge (to me) pistls .. So she drank a gallon of water today. She is slowing growth . But it's funny when I open the tent and a bunch just falls out...

Yep your going to get more bud than you ever anticipated ..oh I was looking into autos just because I was thinking of trying one in the future anyway check out this link..you have what they define as a super auto. Link

Back
Top Bottom