TerpKing Second Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/HPS

Re: TerpKing Second Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/H

Buds are getting fatter each day but no sign of pistils dying back yet few pics of the liberty haze
420-magazine-mobile90954523.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2115127339.jpg
Looking lovely pal, they're definitely getting fatter. . .

Re: TerpKing Second Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/H

Update time, day 50 of flower.

Thursday 27th April and today will be the start of week 8 of flowering. Last week of nutrients this week before we start flushing. I'll gradually start tapering down the EC by topping up with plain R/O water towards the end of the week.

Using the same mix of nutrients as last week.

Starting with 90l R/O water - 0 PPM

Bio Green X Force Silica - 13.5ml
Plant Magic Magnecal - 50ml 0.3 EC
Growth Technology Ionic Coco Bloom - 850ml 1.6 EC
Buddha's Tree PK 9/18 - 0.5ml litre 2.0 EC
Buddha's Tree Advanced Metaboost - 135ml/1.5ml litre

Final PH 5.8 EC 2.0

Things are looking really good, wish I had some cuttings of a couple of these plants, their better than the other girls in a few ways and I'd love to run a tent of all the same plant from clone. I definitely want to go on a hunt for a mother out of my next lot of seeds.

I had a look at the trichomes under the microscope today, I have got a nice mixture of cloudy and clear but more cloudy, hopefully I'll start spotting some amber ones slowly appearing soon. I'd like 10/20% to be amber before I harvest.

Just a quick question for some of you guys? Does anybody know why after a couple of days the PH of my nutrient solution in the reservoir starts to drop? It will slowly rise for the first couple of days as it should, but it will go three days if I don't have the air pump on inside the reservoir. After this time the PH will then start to drop. It will begin to drop slowly at first and then it will start to drop faster as time goes on, even if I adjust it back this process will still carry on. Im guessing it has to be something to do with the R/O water not having any buffers and I'm guessing the air pump is causing some form of chemical reaction to help speed up the process of the break down of the buffers which come in the nutrient solution. Just wondering if anybody has any experience with this as it can't be the plants having an effect as it's a DTW system. I clean it once a week as well very thourghly so I'm thinking it can't be any form of bacteria and the same problem persists regularly where after a few days I need to keep more of an eye on the PH.

I'm thinking next run I may try to use a combination of R/O water and tap water mixed to try and get more of a stable solution.

Apart from that nothing to moan about, really looking forward to smoking these, haha!

420-magazine-mobile2111247547.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1779043803.jpg
420-magazine-mobile432322242.jpg

Damn Terp looking awesome as always!! Boy time fly's!! Almost there can't wait to see what the harvest is on this run!!!

Update time, day 50 of flower.

Thursday 27th April and today will be the start of week 8 of flowering. Last week of nutrients this week before we start flushing. I'll gradually start tapering down the EC by topping up with plain R/O water towards the end of the week.

Using the same mix of nutrients as last week.

Starting with 90l R/O water - 0 PPM

Bio Green X Force Silica - 13.5ml
Plant Magic Magnecal - 50ml 0.3 EC
Growth Technology Ionic Coco Bloom - 850ml 1.6 EC
Buddha's Tree PK 9/18 - 0.5ml litre 2.0 EC
Buddha's Tree Advanced Metaboost - 135ml/1.5ml litre

Final PH 5.8 EC 2.0

Things are looking really good, wish I had some cuttings of a couple of these plants, their better than the other girls in a few ways and I'd love to run a tent of all the same plant from clone. I definitely want to go on a hunt for a mother out of my next lot of seeds.

I had a look at the trichomes under the microscope today, I have got a nice mixture of cloudy and clear but more cloudy, hopefully I'll start spotting some amber ones slowly appearing soon. I'd like 10/20% to be amber before I harvest.

Just a quick question for some of you guys? Does anybody know why after a couple of days the PH of my nutrient solution in the reservoir starts to drop? It will slowly rise for the first couple of days as it should, but it will go three days if I don't have the air pump on inside the reservoir. After this time the PH will then start to drop. It will begin to drop slowly at first and then it will start to drop faster as time goes on, even if I adjust it back this process will still carry on. Im guessing it has to be something to do with the R/O water not having any buffers and I'm guessing the air pump is causing some form of chemical reaction to help speed up the process of the break down of the buffers which come in the nutrient solution. Just wondering if anybody has any experience with this as it can't be the plants having an effect as it's a DTW system. I clean it once a week as well very thourghly so I'm thinking it can't be any form of bacteria and the same problem persists regularly where after a few days I need to keep more of an eye on the PH.

I'm thinking next run I may try to use a combination of R/O water and tap water mixed to try and get more of a stable solution.

Apart from that nothing to moan about, really looking forward to smoking these, haha!

420-magazine-mobile2111247547.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1779043803.jpg
420-magazine-mobile432322242.jpg
Damn hommi that's a dank looking forest

Wow it's just flower everywhere looks to be more bud than leaves great work .

I am super impressed... well done TK! Looking forward to hearing the final weight.

I've heard before that it's quite normal for ph to drop daily enough to be adjusted every few days and I've also read that the plants could be taking in more water than nutes.. I'm not sure if this was of any help, but you are doing an amazing job and you've already won the battle you'll be flushing anytime now I'm guessing so it shouldn't be a problem?!?

Damn Terp looking awesome as always!! Boy time fly's!! Almost there can't wait to see what the harvest is on this run!!!
Thanks Pino! I know right!? It's gone so quickly. Me too pal, can't wait to find that out myself. Going to try find myself a mother plant from the next bunch of holy grail seeds I order. I think I'd get a much better yield with all the same pheno.

Damn hommi that's a dank looking forest
Thanks Cannabomb! Appreciate your kind words! It's not looking to bad at all, even if I say so myself.

Tk! That's a beautiful bud forest! Can't wait to see what your weight is!
Thanks BF, me too, getting excited now. Definitely going to try and find myself a mother out of the next lot of holy grail seeds. A couple of these plants are better than the others and I want to run a tent of all the same pheno. Hopefully I end up with another couple of good phenos in the next lot of seeds.

I am super impressed... well done TK! Looking forward to hearing the final weight.
Thanks Basegrow, much appreciated. I'm really looking forward to finding out the final weight too. The smell is divine, so sticky too!

Wow it's just flower everywhere looks to be more bud than leaves great work .

Haha, thanks pal, there is a fair bit of bud there, I'm rather happy with the result after giving them a light defoliation, really opened up the canopy. Thanks pal!

I've heard before that it's quite normal for ph to drop daily enough to be adjusted every few days and I've also read that the plants could be taking in more water than nutes.. I'm not sure if this was of any help, but you are doing an amazing job and you've already won the battle you'll be flushing anytime now I'm guessing so it shouldn't be a problem?!?

Thanks for the info pal. Yeah I did read about plants effecting the PH in a recirculating system, I learnt about that on my last ebb and flow run actually. This system is a drain to waste tho so the ladies can't be having any effect. Thanks for trying to help :)! Yeah I'm not far from being done now so it definitely won't cause a problem, I'm just being anal and trying to think of ways to make things as perfect as can be lol. I think it's to do with using straight R/O water and it doesn't have many buffers. Yeah going to start tapering down the nutrients in a couple days and then I'll do a 7 to 10 day flush, depending on the trichomes, I'd like to get 15/20% amber to give it some nice couch lock properties lol.

Update time, day 57 of flower.

Thursday 4th May and today will be the start of week 9 of flowering and we've finally made it to the flush, exciting times.

I finally got to test out the wet vac, great bit of kit, made life so easy sucking the water straight out of the trays. I watered one plant at a time with R/O water which hadn't been PH'd, I watered to roughly 50% run off, was a bit of a guessing game though. I plan on flushing the ladies for at least 7 days and maybe up to 10 days, going to depend on the plants and the trichomes. I have a load of cloudy trichomes everywhere atmo with a few Clear and starting to spot a few amber ones now too. Not long left now.

Buds are looking very, very frosty, they absolutley reek too, the smell is absolutley divine, couple of the different phenos have different smells and different bud formations, going to be interesting to see if there is a difference In taste too, God I can't wait to smoke these lol. I decided to try dropping the night time temperatures down to around 18c to try and bring out some more colour in the plants, a couple of the plants are starting to get some purpling buds on top, looks pretty cool.

Here's a couple of photos.

420-magazine-mobile1399927897.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1247229607.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1794880588.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1947888376.jpg

Terp u r doing big things!! Keep it up. The end is right round the corner! Go big or go home!!!!

Terp u r doing big things!! Keep it up. The end is right round the corner! Go big or go home!!!!
Thanks Pino! I know, so close now. Can't wait . .

Back
Top Bottom