TerpKing - First Grow - Dr Krippling Incredible Bulk - Hydro - 600W MH/HPS

Looks good mate. Dense bids always pose a risk of bud rot no matter what strain it is. Its due to the inability to evaporate excess moisture internally. You can still get bud rot even with low humidity if the bud can evaporate moisture because its too dense.

Sent from my SM-G925F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Good evening all, time for a small update. Got a final dry weight and some pictures for you all.

It took about 6 and a bit days for it all to dry. I ended up adding a humidifier to help keep the RH up between 50/60% and I kept temperatures between 16/20c the whole time as I didn't want it to dry too fast. Once it was ready I trimmed all the stalks and stems off the buds and put them all into a bucket for storage. I will eventually put them into glass jars and start curing.

I was really impressed with the final weight as well, I had to weight it twice because I thought I'd made a mistake, haha. I ended up with 1252g of all bud in the black bucket. I also ended up with 240g lighter airier stuff from further down the bottom of the plant. It's coated in crystals so I'll use that to make some edibles. Really really chuffed with the results. It also looks pretty good too. Im just waiting for it to get its final smell now, still has a bit of a fresh smell to it. :)

420-magazine-mobile506382047.jpg
420-magazine-mobile818590115.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1915579882.jpg
420-magazine-mobile605887041.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1300578690.jpg
420-magazine-mobile493050686.jpg
420-magazine-mobile842255555.jpg

Result looks good aswell can't beat scrog for good yield
How many lights was in the tent

Thanks pal, I'm really impressed with the looks too. I'm hoping the smell catches up. It stinks when I break the buds open, I can just still smell a bit of a fresh cut smell, I'd assume thats the chlorophyll breaking down still. Do you find that smell can take a while to go away? Tell me about it, I can't believe the result, scrog def done it's job lol. I had 2x 600w Hortilux HPS and a 315w D-Papillon in the middle of them pal.

Very well done imagine what number would of been like if the tent was completely full lol
To me some strains smell all the time an like ya say some strains smell when ya break them open
It's silly really if your going to sell it ppl want the stink but if it smokes good I really don't see why it matters how it smells
Hat strains next on ya list I've got load of the blue kripples going since cult mentioned them. I'm still looking for that 1 strain to mono crop and stick to from now on

Thanks very much pal. I have been thinking the exact same thing, funny you should say that, haha ;). Yeah I agree with you, a smooth smoke is far more important, I guess the smell and looks are the first point of contact for people lol. I'm looking forward to trying a bud out and seeing what she tastes like. Gonna give it another week before I try. Yeah the blue kripple looks awesome mate, cults looked amazing. Good choice. I'm not quite sure yet, my favourite smoke is kush so I thought about a kosher kush or another kush but they all seem to yield a lot less and take longer. I'm gonna have a good think about it over next few days as I should have had them beans started already really!

Mate thats a great result for first grow. Buds are nice.

If you looking at a kush id go holy grail kush or candy kush. Both yield well and are quality. But the kripple is really nice. Ive grown fuck knows how many strains and the Blue Kripple was a lovely find. Ive just smoked a nice pure joint of it and im baked lol.

Thanks cult, appreciate it pal. I was over the moon. I owe you a massive thank you, they would be no where near as nice if it wasn't for your time and help, I really appreciate it mate. Thanks again, you've been such an amazing help.

Nice man, thank you. I was looking at the Kosher Kush and Holygrail Kush from Reserva Privada. Candy Kush also sounds nice. So many strains can be hard to make your mind up. Yeah, after seeing your pictures of the kripple I was wowed, looks amazing. It's definitely on the list. Good man, smoking pure is the only way to do it, so many people mix it with tobacco over here in the UK.

No tabacco, bah i hate it. I had the cones from raw, and pack them pure. Im not a heavy smoker so when i smoke one them bad boys im gone haha.

You using the system again next round or going coco?

Good man, me too! Nice, pure is the one. How was the kripple tasting? I know that feeling, I had 8 weeks off before Christmas, first joint i had I was the same as you, haha!

I'm definitely going to be going coco sir, so I wouldn't mind some extra tuition with that if you wouldn't mind on my next run? :) Haha. Thanks in advance. I forgot to say, the whole tray of the system I was using was one massive ball of roots. It was unbelievable, I'd never seen anything like it.

Good roots = good bud. ;)

You can say that again cult, lol. The roots filled every single bit space in the tray. Great white is the bomb! ;)

Great final weight....they look tasty. I don't know how you have the self control to not try it yet but thats awesome

[/QUOTE

Thanks pal, over the moon with the final weight, was so surprised. They look really tasty I know :). Oh believe me I want to try it, I just know she's not gonna taste her best yet, at least a week of curing to help the remaining moisture even out, hopefully all that chlorophyll will broken down and gone then too. I'm hoping she's nice, smooth and tasty. Also it helps with the not trying it when I've got some other really nice bud and some shatter to smoke on in the meantime lol! I'm very excited for the first time ever trying something I've grown tho! It's going to be epic ;)!

Back
Top Bottom