Alienpus's DWC, Indoor, HPS: Kripple Shock, Incredible Bulk & Ice Cream, 2014

the one in the middle is smaller,,, because??? i know you have a good reason for everything,, so i will guess please,, so the middle one does not overwhelm the ones around it,, allows a more open middle to that arrangement. ,,,,,,,, close??? cheers alien,, i leave inspired,, again,,

the one in the middle is smaller,,, because??? i know you have a good reason for everything,, so i will guess please,, so the middle one does not overwhelm the ones around it,, allows a more open middle to that arrangement. ,,,,,,,, close??? cheers alien,, i leave inspired,, again,,

Since the three plants in the center are closer to the lights they usually grow more, To compensate so not to raise the lights, I need to keep the center 3 in check, its hard to tell but they are also shorter then those around the perimeter. I try for a slope from the edge toward the center.

In this picture you can see that the whole plant top canopy slopes from right to left toward the center

IMG_232116.JPG

Re: Alienpus's - DWC - Indoor - HPS - Kripple Shock - Incredible Bulk - Ice Cream - 2

Not much going on during this boring phase, only one picture turned out, not quite representative of the garden though, table not quite as filled out in some areas yet, I am going to need to move a few around and spread them out more in about a week. First time with these two strains, 11 phenos, many expressions, very hard to predict growth or anything for that matter, one stretches like crazy and the next doesn't stretch at all, one is droopy, one doesn't have flowers yet ect. got my eye on two I really like so far, D (bottom right) was my favorite but the stretch is pretty extreme, we'll see.

IMG_23329.JPG

Clones have been under 18/6 40w fluro to keep growth to a minimum, as the others continue flowering I will cull undesired phenos until I am left with my future mom(s).

IMG_23339.JPG

Re: Alienpus's - DWC - Indoor - HPS - Kripple Shock - Incredible Bulk - Ice Cream - 2

that is an amazing root picture,, wow,, so Lilly white,, about the nicest root balls ive ever seen. did I just say that????? never chatted about root balls before,, oh my. cheers alien. fan arrived,, ready to install when company leaves tomorrow,, thanks agin

Great read AP, newbie trying to soak up as much info as I can. How deep are your dwc tables? I've seen some info which seems to indicate the less restricted space the roots have to grow into the better, which makes me question those 4-5 gallon rdwc setups.

Oh and on the topic of led, my experience (from my aquarium hobby) and from what I've read is that you typically can/need to have the leds a bit closer than you normally would with hps. Be interesting to see the isolated side by side comparison you spoke about.

Thanks for the root compliments, I have very little to do with it anymore, the way the system is designed and run, root problems are pretty much impossible.

Great read AP, newbie trying to soak up as much info as I can. How deep are your dwc tables? I've seen some info which seems to indicate the less restricted space the roots have to grow into the better, which makes me question those 4-5 gallon rdwc setups.

The flood tables themselves are around 6" deep and the top 2" so the 3" baskets protrude 1" below the top, but since the water level must be dropped below the baskets once roots are established, they are in about 4" of water 90% of the time.

The table itself 6' x 4' at 4" deep holds around 40 gal, right now I have 11 plants so its about 3.5 gal per plant, the same water volume you would have in a 5 gal bucket, but in the end it's all relative to plant size. There is another 40 gal in the reservoir and that makes a big difference.

coming along so well, wow,, look well into flowering already. seems just yesterday,,,,,,,blah blah. ha. I see the middle still a bit lower,, the plan still I am sure,, so dern orderly. got the fan installed. update soon, cheers pal

So I got T-boned right on the driver door by a drunk driver running a red light in an f-250 on Mar 31, totaled my S60R, broke my left femur in two places and my left ulna also. Anyway couple surgeries and weeks later I'm finally home, my girls have been on autopilot since and I'm happy to report that automatic water level and PH control worked perfectly although PPM is low.

First thing I did when I got home was to slide my ass down the stairs to see if they were still alive. Never got a chance to spread them out but they still look pretty good taking into account they have been on their own for two weeks.

IMG_235112.JPG

IMG_235010.JPG

IMG_23469.JPG

Hope you recover. I am also dealing with some injuries and issues and taking care of yourself is number one priority.

Outside of that, your plants look amazing. Love how they are nice and squat, even canopy, and have been doing great on autopilot.

Will be following the rest of the way.

Holy crap, glad you're alive and back home! Here's to a speedy recovery. . . Gosh, wish I was closer so I could offer to help out (Admittedly selfish motives as I'm sure I'd learn alot too). That will be the nice thing when I finally get up and going, I have a close family member that would be able to check in on them in a situation like that. Just got to help him harvest last weekend (my)first time ever! Figured it's better to learn how to trim on his plants than mine lol... I only snipped off one chunk so I feel I did fairly good. Anyway, looking great under the circumstances!

yeah man, I was wondering where you were. No updates on your journal. Its crazy how something can change in an instant. Glad youre back home and not dead...that would be pretty sucky. Hopefully the dick that hit you was insured and you can get another Bimmer or something comparable. On a side note, its pretty damn neat they your controller took care of your girls. Sort of the ultimate test. Welcome back man.

cheers alien,, all the best for your recovery,, real glad you are no worse than you are from all that,,,... amazing your plants could handle that as well... :goodjob:,,,,, i wonder if there is another soul on this site whose plants could survive for two weeks without them,, i doubt it,, i know mine would be dust by then,,, great stuff

i will send a pm soon about my climate issues,, thanks for the offer to help,, cheers alien,,, :straightface:

Back
Top Bottom