The Absolutely Incredible And Bulky RDWC 750w LED Dr. Krippling Incredible Bulk: 2019 Indoor Feminised

I'm in a similar boat, It's getting close but I'd like to make it go till the weekend when I have time to deal with it. Not sure if it's better to hang and trim in parts or do the whole big hang and trim everything in one day.

I'm in a similar boat, It's getting close but I'd like to make it go till the weekend when I have time to deal with it. Not sure if it's better to hang and trim in parts or do the whole big hang and trim everything in one day.
Just worry about taking off the big fans, that’s enough for the immediate hang.

LOL - well I guess I found an early tester nug.
So if you guys remember the early tester nug from 6 days ago, here’s where she stands after 6 days hanging. Just moved her into paper bag and right now her weight is ~9 grams.

I started flush yesterday, and my plan was to harvest tonight because I have to head out of town...but the leaves are still rich green, not even close to yellowing, so I’m going to have to harvest when I get back on Friday.

How long are you hanging it whole like that? They look great!
Thank you.

Editing my response so it’ll make more sense. The answer of how long really depends on the environment. Mine is 70F 60RH and so I’ll probably leave it like that for 2-3 weeks until the stems snap. The plant is going to ripen in a humidor like setting. Right now plant absolutely wreaks, then it will get a little grassy smell, then it will go back to wreaking. From there I typically either move to bags or jars and then burp etc.. growing is important, but drying and curing is MOST IMPORTANT. Difference between insane chronic and mids is curing, not growing IMO.

Thank you.

Editing my response so it’ll make more sense. The answer of how long really depends on the environment. Mine is 70F 60RH and so I’ll probably leave it like that for 2-3 weeks until the stems snap. The plant is going to ripen in a humidor like setting. Right now plant absolutely wreaks, then it will get a little grassy smell, then it will go back to wreaking. From there I typically either move to bags or jars and then burp etc.. growing is important, but drying and curing is MOST IMPORTANT. Difference between insane chronic and mids is curing, not growing IMO.
Also, if you take this approach, make sure to have fans blowing in the room when you’re drying, but not directly on the buds.

Alright guys, plant has been hanging for a week and as of this morning it had the right amount of snap for my liking and therefore into paper bags we go.

At this point some of you may be wondering, “that’s well and good GrowCA, but how is it?!”

Great question, and the answer is it’s filthy. fucking. chronic. So much so that I found myself cracking up in the tent today as I was chopping, thinking about all the stuff I’ve read online about this strain being wack, not having a good smell, lacking bag appeal and in general having no flavor. I had read so much over the last few years that my friends and I never wanted to grow, only reason I did is because I lost a bet. Shame on me... I was wrong, WAY WRONG. It’s clear to me now that the people talking all the shit just have no idea how to grow, dry, or cure good weed. Let that be a lesson to us all, trust photos or nothing at all.

My verdict, Incredible Bulk is a fun strain to grow, smells wonderful, looks beautiful, and I’m excited to try some for the first time ever tonight. I almost tried the tester nug, but felt like I’d be shortchanging myself, so I’ve held out for the good stuff tonight. Onto the photos.

Let’s start with what didn’t make the cut - this is the stuff I wouldn’t be stoked to smoke, so I will use all of this for capsules/ edibles after a few more days of hanging.
522C89BB-5631-4841-AD61-C32EEFA8F652.jpeg

Now let’s get into the good stuff, all of this has been moved into a large paper bag (with another bag pulled down over top). I’ll do a few rounds of burping the bag, flip it upside down so what’s on the bottom is now on the top, few more rounds of burping, and then transfer to jars once the right amount of of moisture has been pulled out and continue burping. I’m a bit of a dry/ cure fanatic which I attribute to my friends who are much better growers than me drilling it into me.

I’d like to thank everyone who helped me out on this grow, was my first time ever messing with DWC and I’m very happy with the results!
17C7BBCE-4850-4ACE-B25A-017FC6CE8483.jpeg
AC47C11C-3121-4B06-9EE4-9029A23CCC29.jpeg
FA7D0434-5937-439E-94C0-731CC6EC169E.jpeg

B9F41318-DA79-4174-88AF-F86BC0CD477C.jpeg

F11AB094-A0C6-47FA-8AB8-C357AC417651.jpeg

I saw your comment on LA's journal, and wanted to check in on an Incredible Bulk grow as I grabbed a few with my last order. I just skimmed through mostly, but also did some reading when you were having issues in the leaves. I'm glad you got that all sorted out.

If you're in the USA, you should look into making your own nutrients from salts as that's all Botanicare, GH and the rest of them do, except they make a generic product intended to be acceptable to all crops, yet not ideal for any crop. By mixing salts, I can pinpoint the exact PPM of each element, and adjust accordingly to account for deficiency or toxicity.

At any rate, I'm curious what your dry weight from this chop was? I grow top feed into rockwool mini cubes, but assure you, I get DWC-like results and have been for years, so I know I can hit a grand slam with this strain if I choose to drop the beans, lol. But still, I've not made that decision. TBH, I wish she were more frosty, but if the yield really is as advertised, I presume I might be able to lower the cost and still do better overall. So what's your opinion of the IB since your last post?

Thanks man. Making nutes may be something I explore in the future, but right now I’m trying to automate and minimize effort wherever possible as I just don’t have tons of time these days. On my next run I’m going to give Cultured Solutions line a try with their undercurrent system... should produce some bangers. To me strong smell and good taste are the most important factors, and the bulk does well in both (maybe I just got lucky with a good pheno). I live in SoCal and my end result would be considered premium top shelf (for whatever that’s worth).

I grew under LED, lollipopped high, and kept nutes light in flower - so keep that in mind when considering how much weight I yielded from a single plant vs. what you could get. If you’re growing under HPS and hit this plant hard with nutes, you will clear a lot of weight.

After a week of dry hang, 1.5 days in paper bags, and trimming:

-12.9 oz of top shelf bud
-1.4 oz of larf I’ll use for edibles

0E9278A8-A40E-4636-BA0E-B2C3A13FEC99.jpeg
78B84A35-A2D4-4020-A64A-5FBEE45E6164.jpeg
693CD0BB-72F6-497D-B724-89F5D86644E6.jpeg

I just pulled a few grams shy of 20 zips from a Triple Cheese plant the harvest before last. That one also stunk to high heaven in a sweet way. I did contract a P toxicity on that grow which might account for the excess weight, and I also try to throttle sulfur use as that greatly influences the odors you get, so if you're not wanting to mix your own just yet, I suggest using products that advertise as a bud sweetener such as Terpenator or GH Flora Nectar, but generally though, my sulfur PPM is a little more than twice what GH offers. My last harvest I only got a few grams more than a pound which is less than the 20 I got with the round prior, and I'm now transitioning to Pineapple Chunk which looks pretty good, but I don't expect as much yield surprisingly, but we'll see. I do notice my PC is a tad more frostier than the Cheese, so maybe my stoners will be happier?

Prior to learning about nutrient salts, I spent better than 2 years automating my grow and have learned quite a great deal on that front, so if you're seeking ideas, I have plenty. FWIW though, I discontinued that quest after I damn near perfected it as I am looking for my offramp from growing. With everyone green lighting, I'm not really seeing too much of a future in this unless I had a lot more space to produce and am looking to get into CNC and 3d printing, but I would not have got involved in any of that had I not first wanted to automate my grow.

I grow now using COB LEDs, but am seeing others get better results with Q Boards. If I intended to stick with growing, I'd eat the $1500 I have in my lights and get me some QBs, but for now, my lights are good enough.

The tote in the pic weighs 511 grams
20 zip.jpg

I have no doubt that you can get more out of that IB in DWC. I do hope you'll be doing another round or two with that strain after learning the lessons you've learned. I just started a Cheese as a time buffer, and I'll be trying to get that 20 zips again, even if I get another P tox, but I'm still on the fense about which strain to pop open next to run with the Pineapple Chunk, that is assuming I even want to stick with that. I'll have to see how my people feel about that I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom