1st Ever Grow, Trying Coco

Cbdman

Hi to all that read. Well this is my first ever grow.

I have a 4x4x8 tent set up.

315 watt CMH light on a timer

6 inch exhaust fan with charcoal filter that's being controlled by a temperature controller.

Drain to waste set up.

Also purchased rapid rooters with a heat mat for germinating seeds.

9/15/18
Started my grow by starting seeds in Rapid Rooters, followed the directions. I started 2 Sour Diesel for my wife , and 1 compassion for me. Package said to pre moisten and have aprox 1/2 in bottom of tray if I read it right. Well all the seeds germinated, but problems started fast. 2 seeds died fast, I think over watered. 1 Sour Diesil survived.

9/18/18
I Started another Sour Diesel and Compassion but this time I tried the paper towel method. Damm that works good , 2 days later I put into a rapid rooter and the both took off fast.

Keeping my tent at 80 degrees using a controller on my fan.

Plants seemed to be catching the lone survivor of my first attempt. Transplanted into a 1/2 quart pots in coco just giving a real weak dose of nutes about 30 ppm since I am on a well with ro water.

Attachments

• 20180923_112756.jpg
    20180923_112756.jpg
    579.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 20180923_112800.jpg
    20180923_112800.jpg
    595.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 20180923_112739.jpg
    20180923_112739.jpg
    523.8 KB · Views: 54
9/23/18
I am keeping the oldest seedling at 20 inches from my light and the 2 others at about 30 inches away. So far so good .
DI'd notice 1 of the starter leaves had the shell stuck on it and when I removed it 1 leaf tip was burnt.

I've not used the rapid rooters yet, just rock wool and jiffy's, if I see them I'll buy a few to try. Mostly with rock wool and Jiffy pellets I just dunk the seeds till they pop, then plant em - except tomatoes and peppers - they are too small and cheap so I just plant 4 per pot and hope one pops up.

I'm in for the grow.
I've not used the rapid rooters yet, just rock wool and jiffy's, if I see them I'll buy a few to try. Mostly with rock wool and Jiffy pellets I just dunk the seeds till they pop, then plant em - except tomatoes and peppers - they are too small and cheap so I just plant 4 per pot and hope one pops up.

I'm in for the grow.

I have heard of Jiffy pellets, never heard of rock wool
If you do try them I would not use the directions, I just dunked the in water ,
Gave it a few squeezes
removed from the water
Wrang it out . Then placed my seed in it. Then when it needed watering I lifted it out of the tray gave hardly any water on the bottom and made the roots come get it.

Hey welcome to 420 magazine my new friend. Things are looking pretty good. Those rapid rooter plugs are amazing when used properly. They shouldent be to wet they will kill off the sprout. As will any wet conditions. But my method it to store the plugs in the fridge after contacting the company about proper storage. We came up with that idea. I’ll let the plug room temper then mix 5.8 ph water with a rooter compound at a minimum ppm place the seed in a small bowl of ph water @5.8 and soak the seed for 24hours or until it cracks. Then place the plug in the rooter water mix and shake it 3 times. Put the fresh cracked seed in and cover it with a little piece of the plug and place it under your light. And in a few days. You will have a sprout. If and when it looks dry I’ll give her a few drips of water

Everything is looking good I'm going to pull up a chair.
Ive been thinking of trying a cmh light Im interested in this.
Im an old grower hard to change my ways lol best of luck I'm subbing.
Well pull up a chair, so far this light is rocking it out. How bright it is, you might want to put some sun screen on.

Hey CBD and welcome to 420mag! Lots of great people here and a huge amount of knowledge to be spread! Let’s get those plants rockin and get you to your first harvest !
Thanks Dutchman, I kinda feel like the grasshopper from the old tv show Kung Foo. Ok well maybe a very old grasshopper, but this old dog always open to learning new tricks.

I’m along for the ride my friend. I’m a exclusive hydroponic grower. I’m currently doing a 5 bucket dwc system. I’m 4 weeks in take a look in my links it’s the :peace:lsd25 I may make the venture to coco if I have to grow in the summer. The only on temperature gets pretty hot for hydroponic. If you have any questions ask.

10 days in from the start, everything looking good. Im glad I waited a day to give these girls a drink of low dose nutes. 80 ppm. Going to wait till 14 days before going to 1/4 strength on my PH Perfect Sensi Coco Grow.

Attachments

• 20180925_110526.jpg
    20180925_110526.jpg
    528 KB · Views: 65
Back
Top Bottom