TerpKing Second Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/HPS

Re: TerpKing Second Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/H

Amazing pics. buddy !! Looks like some of your colas have flipped out and are eating the fan leaves. Today is day day 11 of tap water only. I like the idea of using ro water to flush with, but I don't have any. My tap water is averaging 120ppm now.
I turned off the light starting last night, so I'm chopping Wednesday night. Gonna let my temp. drop dramatically last 3 nights, probably be about 45-50f tonight. I bought myself a new pair of scissors, and I'm poised for action. I'll start by stripping all fan leaves tonight. You got any help ??

Thanks SP, appreciate it pal. I was chuffed with how the pictures came out. Haha, yeah the buds were hungry from having just water and needed a snack! Yeah I do too, I like the idea of nothing being in the water at all. Your tap water is better than mine tho, mine is 250/300 ppm out the tap. Oh, so you turn the lights off completely for 3 days? I like the idea of getting them cold, I really dropped my night time temps for last couple weeks and the colour really started to come out of some of them. Your temps a lot colder than I got to tho. Haha me too, I bought a new a couple new pairs as well, what a coincidence. I'm poised and ready for action too, I think tomorrow could be the day, seeing more amber trichomes now, I'll have another look just before lights out in the morning. I got one more pair of hands to help pal, how about you? I'm going to freeze all my trimmings and pop corn bud and make some ice water hash this time. So excited, I have all the stuff turning up for delivery tomorrow to make it, these girls are so frosty I bet they're gonna make some beautiful hash!

Re: TerpKing Second Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/H

I cant even comprehend how mammoth a job trimming all that lot is goin to be! I hope u got a brigade. Looking forwards to seeing the finished article .
Haha, yeah it's gonna be hours and hours of trimming. Me too pal, I'll make sure to put up some more pictures of the finished result.

You know, i used to make hash, and then I started the eatables & never went back to making hash. I just had piece of wife's fudge, and will feel effect for like 6 hrs. All my trim goes to butter now. But maybe this one will go to RSO. And if it's got too many seeds, maybe entire crop to RSO ? Been waiting for weather to warm, so I can do it outside. No, I'm the grower, the trimmer, the curer. We live in an apt. and landlord lives in other 1/2 of house, so If I bring plants out of tent to trim, the smell will go thru the walls, so I'm sitting in my tent trimming and hanging in same tent. That way, no smell escapes. she checks on me every 30 mins., or so, and keeps the coffee coming. Just my walkman & I !! Usually takes me about one hr. per plant. I got a partner that pulls off all the big leaves, and the rest is considered usable pot. And he's not the only one ? I've tried the small sugar leaves in a joint, but could never get the CHLOROPHYLL taste out. So looks like we'll be harvesting on same day ?:surf:

I've never tried making hash before, this will be my first time. I tried a couple of batches of edibles last time, they tasted great but it didn't get me very stoned. I still have trim left from last harvest so I will have another go at making edibles. Practice makes perfect. Really hope you don't have too many seeds SP! Got my fingers crossed for you. Awesome, never done any outdoor growing, sounds fun, we don't have the weather for it here. Haha, all in one machine, I like it. I know the feeling about the smell lol. Bless her, constant stream of coffee is needed. Yeah apart from big fan leaves going to try use every bit of that plant. I'll use the sugar leaves for the hash or edibles, I've not tried smoking them. Yeah by the looks of it pal we're both going to be busy tomorrow! I will chop them before lights on I think. I've heard better not to let the plant wake up to lights coming on before harvest or they will start producing chlorophyll and so forth, not sure how true that is tho?

Hey guys, so today will be harvest day. Exciting times! Just a quick question, think it will be a problem to start harvesting a couple of hours before lights would be scheduled to come on?
Thanks TK

I've never tried making hash before, this will be my first time. I tried a couple of batches of edibles last time, they tasted great but it didn't get me very stoned. I still have trim left from last harvest so I will have another go at making edibles. Practice makes perfect. Really hope you don't have too many seeds SP! Got my fingers crossed for you. Awesome, never done any outdoor growing, sounds fun, we don't have the weather for it here. Haha, all in one machine, I like it. I know the feeling about the smell lol. Bless her, constant stream of coffee is needed. Yeah apart from big fan leaves going to try use every bit of that plant. I'll use the sugar leaves for the hash or edibles, I've not tried smoking them. Yeah by the looks of it pal we're both going to be busy tomorrow! I will chop them before lights on I think. I've heard better not to let the plant wake up to lights coming on before harvest or they will start producing chlorophyll and so forth, not sure how true that is tho?
Today is 3 days in the dark, so I'll check them real good tonight !! i'd like a bit more yellowing of the leaves ? :surf:

I'm probably abit late but I can't see any problem harvesting before lights come on it's not like they'd hermie once chopped lol

Today is 3 days in the dark, so I'll check them real good tonight !! I'd like a bit more yellowing of the leaves ? :surf:
Well ?? Did you chop ? I decided to wait another day. Leaves are still like lime green, and probably 35% amber, 65% milky. I didn't see your question earlier, but I don't see a problem chopping anytime you decide. if you find that read about harvest timing making more chlorophyll , save it. Never heard that one ? Bet you got that resin in your eye brows by now !! I'm guessing a little over a kilo !! 2.5 lbs ?:surf:

Well ?? Did you chop ? I decided to wait another day. Leaves are still like lime green, and probably 35% amber, 65% milky. I didn't see your question earlier, but I don't see a problem chopping anytime you decide. if you find that read about harvest timing making more chlorophyll , save it. Never heard that one ? Bet you got that resin in your eye brows by now !! I'm guessing a little over a kilo !! 2.5 lbs ?:surf:

I did indeed buddy, I was up till 4.30 am this morning, it was a chore and a half lol. I was so glad when I hung the last lot of buds up, was absolutley cream crackered. Ahh fair play bro, d you think today will be the day? I had about 10% amber I'd say roughly. No worries pal, thanks got chiming in, better late than never lol. I did rewd best to chop them before lights on so they don't have as much chlorophyll floating around. I'm not quite sure what to expect, it's not going to be as much as last time tho I'll tell you that. 3 of the plants were much more sativa like so those 3 didn't yield as good as the other 5. The quality is looking great tho. I'll take quality over quantity any day! I spent this afternoon making bubble hash with my left overs, I done two runs and looks like I pulled quite a bit, most of it's a really light blonde colour, can't wait to try it once its dried.

I'm probably abit late but I can't see any problem harvesting before lights come on it's not like they'd hermie once chopped lol
Thanks buddy, better late than never. Haha, imagine if they did hermie after chop, would be the worst. I was pretty sure it wouldn't be a problem, but you never know so thought I'd check with the community :). Was a serious shift trimming last night, glad it's all done. I made some bubble hash today with the left overs, seems to look great, it came out a really light blonde colour. Thanks for chiming in pal!

I didn't take any last night as there was just too much going on, I can take a few photos for you now tho. Give me a min.

Here's some photos of the harvest hanging up to dry.

420-magazine-mobile1331767601.jpg
420-magazine-mobile701379224.jpg
420-magazine-mobile899246706.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1147646418.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1952528416.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2114691476.jpg
420-magazine-mobile789278389.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1615598104.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1220414369.jpg
420-magazine-mobile482029001.jpg

Also had my first attempt of making some bubble hash today. I used half my trimmings and popcorn bud and ended up this this after two runs.

420-magazine-mobile77694769.jpg
420-magazine-mobile578803677.jpg

I just want to smoke it all now so bad, but I have to be patient .

Wow! Awesome buds mate! Now the real waiting game begins . good job on the hash.

Question:

I didn't really get enough trim last grow to attempt it so im saving it in a mason jar to add to. Will this harm the strength or will it be good to use still?

Cheers, muzzy

Wow! Awesome buds mate! Now the real waiting game begins . good job on the hash.

Question:

I didn't really get enough trim last grow to attempt it so im saving it in a mason jar to add to. Will this harm the strength or will it be good to use still?

Cheers, muzzy

Thanks buddy, appreciate it. . .
Yes tell me about it, I've never been so excited to smoke something lol. Patience is a vertu here. Thanks pal, first go and I think it's come out absolutley fantastic.

I believe that will be absolutely fine mate, I did quite a lot of reading on making bubble hash over the last few weeks and I've seen plenty of people storing there trim in mason jars. I however froze my trim fresh as soon as it was getting cut off the plants. As each zip lock bag got full I took it to the freezer for storage.

Thanks buddy, better late than never. Haha, imagine if they did hermie after chop, would be the worst. I was pretty sure it wouldn't be a problem, but you never know so thought I'd check with the community :). Was a serious shift trimming last night, glad it's all done. I made some bubble hash today with the left overs, seems to look great, it came out a really light blonde colour. Thanks for chiming in pal!

Thanks for having me pal it's been a great journal . Iv never made buble hash but I have made dry sift from the trim it was quite harsh though but very strong . I've now saved all my trim for a pal I know to make oil for his mother she's been diagnosed with c, I hope the yield is better than expected pal I hate to guess the weight by looking at it when it's wet to find it's shrunk a few days later but I always have a guess lol

I did indeed buddy, I was up till 4.30 am this morning, it was a chore and a half lol. I was so glad when I hung the last lot of buds up, was absolutley cream crackered. Ahh fair play bro, d you think today will be the day? I had about 10% amber I'd say roughly. No worries pal, thanks got chiming in, better late than never lol. I did rewd best to chop them before lights on so they don't have as much chlorophyll floating around. I'm not quite sure what to expect, it's not going to be as much as last time tho I'll tell you that. 3 of the plants were much more sativa like so those 3 didn't yield as good as the other 5. The quality is looking great tho. I'll take quality over quantity any day! I spent this afternoon making bubble hash with my left overs, I done two runs and looks like I pulled quite a bit, most of it's a really light blonde colour, can't wait to try it once its dried.
You and I both bro. !! And I like a variety of strains, even if I only smoke one occasionally. It's too dam hot here to do anything without air conditioner. 100f today !! Anything over 85, I don't like it !! I've worked outside in places like Az., when it was 110f and it was comfortable, because it's dry air. I was thinking you had 9 plants, guess I lost one somewhere ? And you are so right about quality over quantity. But both are nice ? We are restrained by the strains we grow. Like pineapple chunk strain i have. It's a stretching, gangly, out of control, difficult to grow and takes up a lot of space, and grows little pop corn colas, that add up to a couple zs with a good light under excellent circumstances. But I'd rather have two zs. of that, than 4 zs of my other strains.

Hey TK, before I forget, I got a blue dream plant 4.5 wks. into bloom, that stopped eating two days ago. this is a strain that I been cloning for over 2 yrs. now, and it's a hardy strain, and a big producer, this has never happened before. So she's in there with one cheese, one critical + & 1 krippy, and they're all thriving under my little 400w hps. I skipped feeding her, again tonight. What's your take ?? She's gonna start falling behind !!:surf:

Thanks for having me pal it's been a great journal . Iv never made buble hash but I have made dry sift from the trim it was quite harsh though but very strong . I've now saved all my trim for a pal I know to make oil for his mother she's been diagnosed with c, I hope the yield is better than expected pal I hate to guess the weight by looking at it when it's wet to find it's shrunk a few days later but I always have a guess lol

My pleasure buddy and thank you very much :). Yeah me neither, I really wanted to have a go. The process I found was pretty exciting for a first go. Was well chuffed with the colour of the stuff too. I'm looking forward to trying this and finding out what it's like. Ahh man, that's terrible new, I hate that big C. I got my fingers crossed everything goes OK for her and the oil helps. I've seen cases of the stuff working absolutel miracles. I know, I don't even want to guess, I have no idea. Not as much as last time tho, it doesn't feel as heavy as the bulk did when wet, but then again they is a big bulky strain. The slightly more sativa style genos I have are not as dense either, absolutley stinks to high heaven and so frosty tho. Got quite a selection of slightly different genos, they all have different characteristics. I want to clone some of my next girls so I can choose the best ones for mothers and run a tent of identical genos.

Back
Top Bottom