Turbo Stang - NYC Diesel CKS - DWC Hydro

1014162352.jpg
1014162352a.jpg
1014162353.jpg

Not the best pictures. Top one is the best.. Alot of the top colas are falling over from the weight of them one is 17 inches long. They are very dense. I'm flushing now.. I fill and drain. I did this with 4 gallons of water yesterday. And two today. She still drank a gallon.. PPM was 2300. Now down to 800.. I do a 4 gallon flush tomorrow with tap water. Then Sunday I'll use RO. Hopefully chop on Tuesday or Wednesday.. She's so big it's going to take a while. I want to thank everyone who has read this. You've helped me and motivated me.. Im going to post better pics Sunday

Funny to think there was a point when you thought this grow was a bust. lol. They are really nice looking man. Is this your first harvest? If it isnt then you already know but if it is... You have your work cut out for you. lolol

What do you mean. And yes this is my first grow. What work are you talkin about.. It's going to take a while to chop for sure , and getting rid of the carcass.... Lol
Thats what i was talking about... The chop. I never realized how labor intensive trimming can be. My last harvest of one 7oz plant took foreveeeerrrrr. My shoulders and back were very upset with me.

Another question ..... It seems like most people cure in mason jars after drying.... Ok so I do a nice final trim. Put the buds in the jar , open the jar every day for 5 minutes... What is the cure time.... And... Can I just leave the buds in the mason jars , put it in zips . Storage so to speak.. Obviously a dark space.. But this is gonna take a while to smoke ... That's all ... Tuesday I'm going to cut all the big colas ... Hang them for a few days ... Then do a final Trim and cure in mason jars .. Correct... Sorry for all the questions ...

I have done both trimming wet and dry. Dry is a lot less messy I think. When the plants is freshly harvested, trimming will make your scissors gunky fast. Hang your sticks for a few days, when they feel crispy and dry to the touch, throw them in a trash bag and close it for 12 hours. After 12 hours hang them back up, the buds should be wet again. Repeat until the buds no longer become wet after being in the trash bag,(2-3 times usually does it for me).Then I do the trimming and cutting from branches. The climate you live in plays a part as well. From what I've read and hear, you want the drying process to last 7-10 days. That shit won't fly for me here. 2-3 days and I have to start the sweating process. Have some good trimming scissors, spring loaded Fiskars Softouch Micro-Tip Pruning Snip : Hand Pruners
1666644841696.png

Don't get ones that have the hole for your finger and thumb. I did once and got some lovely blisters.

I have done both trimming wet and dry. Dry is a lot less messy I think. When the plants is freshly harvested, trimming will make your scissors gunky fast. Hang your sticks for a few days, when they feel crispy and dry to the touch, throw them in a trash bag and close it for 12 hours. After 12 hours hang them back up, the buds should be wet again. Repeat until the buds no longer become wet after being in the trash bag,(2-3 times usually does it for me).Then I do the trimming and cutting from branches. The climate you live in plays a part as well. From what I've read and hear, you want the drying process to last 7-10 days. That shit won't fly for me here. 2-3 days and I have to start the sweating process. Have some good trimming scissors, spring loaded Fiskars Softouch Micro-Tip Pruning Snip : Hand Pruners
Don't get ones that have the hole for your finger and thumb. I did once and got some lovely blisters.

I have done both wet and dry trim and I agree dry is easier. Sometimes I hang the whole plant and others just the branches ..when you hang the whole plant it dries slower than individual branches ..I usually let mine hang with a light breeze for around 7 days and then it's ready for the trim and the cure .

This whole plant is huuuuuggghheee. How do you store after the cure?

Yes it is huge but you could hang it upside down in the tent ,after all you are taking the height of the bucket out of the equation. In regards to storage after the cure. I like to vacuum seal mine in jars or vac bags and store it in the freezer ( first choice) or a cool dark location .

I'm going to take pictures of the harvest... Also I will take pics of the root structure.. It encompasses 80% of the bucket... Some of the roots are braided and the same diameter of the net pot .. Be prepared to see 15-18 inch colas....
take some good pics brother...and enter her in plant of the month next month....you get my vote....:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom