First Grow! So Very Excited To Share The Progress Day By Day

ChronicKid007

This is my first grow, as my last one ended in February 2016 about 5 days in.

Supplies:
- 2x2x4 tent
- 600 watt Viparspectra LED lamp with veg and flower functions
- 4 inch inline fan with a giant filter
- Two 4 inch clip-on fans from the dollar store
- 1 Unknown seed
- 3 gallon round fabric pot
- Happy Frog soil

Day 1 - June 24, 2018:
Moved seed to rapid rooter ensuring the pointy part of the seed was facing up. I placed the rapid rooter inside of a Dixie cup and filled the surrounding area with soil. Covered with plastic bag sprayed with clean water to make sure the moisture was retained.

Attachments

• IMG_3436.JPG
    IMG_3436.JPG
    360.7 KB · Views: 138
Day 3 - June 26, 2018:

Sprouts. Maintained bag on top of cup and made sure it was still retaining moisture. I noticed a slight temperature problem with the location of my tent today. Tried several different reconfigurations of the setup to try and help. No luck. Running at about 92 degrees consistently, with moisture remaining around 50%.

Attachments

• IMG_3480.JPG
    IMG_3480.JPG
    675.8 KB · Views: 158
Day 5 - June 28, 2018:

Grew in height about 1/4 inch. Still in solo cup. I leaned a few pieces of mulch in the soil against the stem so that it grows straight instead of at an angle. I also lowered the light a little to see if that was the problem.

Attachments

• IMG_3508.JPG
    IMG_3508.JPG
    654.5 KB · Views: 146
Day 6 - June 29, 2018:

The temperature was 101.8 this morning when I went to check. No burn spots and it seems to be doing fine, although it was a little dry. I moved the tent to a better location and the temperature is much cooler. Just checked at 1:45 pm with no A/C on in the house and it is 81 degrees even and at 38% humidity. Made sure soil/rapid rooter was moist. She should be going to sleep at 3.

Attachments

• IMG_3519.JPG
    IMG_3519.JPG
    447.9 KB · Views: 194
Hey there! Temps being that high can get annoying. What’s the temp outside the tent? if you don’t mind me asking.
It for sure was the location of the tent. After moving it, I saw an instant change. So it's going to remain in the new location.

Sounds good! 81 isn’t to bad when using LED. I’ll hang around for the journey if you don’t mind :)
I'll hangout too! :)

You are both more than welcome! In fact, your attendance is encouraged!

I am going to need all the opinions I can get because I haven't found another thread anywhere with someone using 600 watt in a 2x2x4. I think I'm going to have real issues figuring out exactly when to start LST and scrogging.

You are both more than welcome! In fact, your attendance is encouraged!

I am going to need all the opinions I can get because I haven't found another thread anywhere with someone using 600 watt in a 2x2x4. I think I'm going to have real issues figuring out exactly when to start LST and scrogging.
You can take a look at my second journal if you want. Its a very similar set up to yours. It may help a bit, may not!

UPDATE: Nutrients just arrived in the mail. Seedling still has initial leaves plus 1 set. Which should I use, if any, and how much? All of the directions are pretty vague and mostly need to be mixed in with a liter or more of water.

Open to suggestions. Thank you!
IMG_3538.jpg

UPDATE: I forgot that I had planted seed in rapid rooter surrounded by Vigoro (or something or other) soil because my Happy Frog hadn't come in the mail yet, so I just transplanted the rapid rooter into a dixie cup of Happy Frog. I was pleased to see that the roots just barely extend past the bottom of the rapid rooter plug. Very grateful I got to it before the roots started using that soil for nutrition.

Day 8 - July 1, 2018:

Cotyledons are being replaced with the second set of leaves finally. The plant grew mostly in width since yesterday. It was 85 degrees with 40% humidity and pretty dry. This was definitely the most dry I've let it become since the beginning but I think it was a good time to start letting the roots dig for water instead of being nourished so much. Could be wrong, but it just seems to make sense to me.

Still running 20-4. I imagine I will do so for another 10 days or so before switching to 18-6. Open to suggestions!

Attachments

• thumb_IMG_3572.jpg
    thumb_IMG_3572.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 202
It's coming along nicely CK

Thank you! I've been probably over concerned looking at other people's grows. By day ten some of them have 6 leaves already. My whole thought is, this is a bag seed after all. I don't even know how old it was.

Back
Top Bottom